“Okay for the money”

Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Southeast Florida
“Okay for the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2008

Arrived without a reservation & had no problem getting a room, using a coupon from one of those books found at rest stops along the Interstates offering substantial discounts. The room (2 double beds) was very small, but adequate for 2 people. Altho a non-smoking room, it definitely smelled of stale smoke, but wasn't bad enough to ask for another room. The breakfast was the norm for a continental breakfast. I asked when the hotel opened & was told "7 years ago." It's pretty good for being in a heavily traveled area & getting the amount of use it probably gets.

• Liked — Availability without advance reservations & being able to use price-reduction coupon!
  • Disliked — Room very small & smelled of smoke
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2008

I was relocating from Jacksonville, FL to Texas with 2 cats, my car and a 26 ft truck. I knew it would be late afternoon when we finished loading the truck so I just wanted to get out of Jacksonville and down the road a little. Lake City was a perfect location being about 60 miles away. I looked on line for a hotel in the area that would take me and my 2 cats. The cats travel in a large crate so they were never lose in the room. Being a single female I also wanted someplace with interior rooms. The Jameson Inn fit everything.

When I arrived I was impressed with the parking lot and the outside of the hotel. It was all clean and neat. The clerk that checked us in was very nice and knew what she was doing. I made sure she was aware I had the kids (cats to everyone else) with me. There was no problems there.
The room was clean and well taken care of. The beds were very confortable. During the night it stormed and had it not been for the very loud thunder we would never have known it. The place was very quite and relaxing.

The next morning when we left the young lady at the front desk was also great.

I passed on the breakfast but I did have a cup of coffee and it was fresh and good.

I was so impressed with the Jameson Inn that I stayed at another one two nights later.

I am sorry to say there are no Jameson Inns in Texas, but when I travel outside the state I will look for another one to stay in.

• Liked — The fact that the place was clean and well taken care of and accepted pets.
  • Disliked — Really nothing.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank mmuscs
North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2007

When the elevator door opened we noticed the elevator floor was all wet. Since there were two elevators we notified the front desk, and took the other elevator. When we entered the hall on the second floor we noticed what looked like dry dog food on the floor. When we opened the door to our room a dog in the next room began to bark. The desk ckerk re-assigned us to a room at the other end of the hall. On the floor in the hall in front of that room was more dried dog food. We don't have a dog and just did not feel comfortable in this place.

• Liked — Comfortable bed.
  • Disliked — Dogs everywhere.
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Elonole

Travellers are raving about these Lake City hotels

tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2006

Just passed through Lake City and needed a room for one night. Jameson was fine, beds were really hard though. Good breakfast included in rate. Safe area with many restaurants near.

• Stayed March 2006
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2005

Jameson Inn of Lake City is in the last nice town before the Georgia border. They seem to have high standards. Fresh baked Cookies and milk are served early evening. Excellent free breakfast with Belgian Waffles, biscuits and gravy cereal fruit etc Clean large rooms with high speed internet Lots of good places to eat near by. The outside reminds me of a southern mansion. I would stay again and again.

• Stayed July 2005, travelled on business
1 Thank TwitterLee
Tampa, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2005

I would not stay again in any Jameson Inn. The prices, 80+ dollars for a small town are very steep, and the advertised breakfast is a joke. They did have the make your own waffles the first day, but ran out over the weekend, and apparently Lake City does not have any grocery stores that sell Aunt Jemima waffle mix. We were caught there three days, and the rooms, while adequate are small and the bathtub seriously needed grouting.

When we checked in, at 1:30 in the afternoon on our way to the Flordia Folk Festival, we were told that we would have to wait until a room became available. I told them we had plans and had to come back, but I was taken back by the overt hostility. This continued on, for example when I asked for coffee (apparently one pot was made for the whole hotel) and was told that it was not available.

The swimming pool looked polluted and was not clean, with swimming trunks and towels hanging over railings at 9:30 at night.

This hotel would be barely adequate at half the price.

• Stayed May 2005
1 Thank PatTampa_FL
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2005

GREAT place to stay. Hotel was clean and staff was extremely friendly! Very warm and inviting. This was truly a "perfect stay".

• Stayed January 2005