“Family Restaurant, Daily Specials, Great Steaks Another Local Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Porterhouse Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Gainesville, Georgia
“Family Restaurant, Daily Specials, Great Steaks Another Local Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

Whenever I travel, I frequently seek out restaurants that are no where else. Porterhouse is one of those and when my family or friends visits, this is one of the places I enjoy taking them. The atmosphere is wonderful. From the family photos at the door to the unique painted benches, a quiet atmosphere with friendly service and good food suits me just fine. Each day they have a special from porkchops to steak to a wide variety at prices $6 and under. Large portions of food, good prices and generous checks if everything is OK (but not too many to be annoying) suits me just fine. If you want to see their food and meet the people behind the scenes, just check out their Facebook page. I'm still stuck on their specials but will be eating one of their new hamburgers soon. If you like to try local restauarnts when traveling - check out Porterhouse. Only in Lake City where we think local and thank traveler's daily for their support of our community. YUM!

• Visited December 2011