“Friendly-Clean-Quiet”

Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Hazelwood
“Friendly-Clean-Quiet”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

The front desk was excellent in assisting a walk-in with a clean - quiet room at a great rate. We had a good night rest and enjoyed the super friendly hot breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Tod P, General Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Thank you for noticing how friendly our staff is. We take great pride in providing that home away from home feeing , and we welcome you back the next time you are in the Lake City Florida area.

Troy Wimberly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We have stayed at this property on several occasions before. Personally I am not a fan of outdoor entrances but have always felt safe here. Easy on and off access from interstate. Rooms are older so you have some beds that are worn down but the bed linens are clean, there are older bathrooms and wall a/c and heat - but rooms include refrigerators which we love. At the budget friendly price - it is a great deal. The front desk staff have always been so kind (shout out to Cathy who was SO helpful and attentive to our needs during our stay). Free ice cream is always a favorite of ours too!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank itisanewseason
Tod P, Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Thank you so much for staying at our location here in Lake City, Florida. Cathy is one of our long term employee's and she does a outstanding job with customer service. As the new General Manager of this property, it has been my goal to improve the property, and I am happy to inform you that we have purchase some new bedding's for some of our rooms.We welcome you back the next time you are in the area .

Saint Amant
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Hotel was in good location, easy access. Rooma was clean and neat, included minifridge, microwave. Bathroom was fine. Our only issue was the bed mattress was soft and could be replace. Both os us had back pain next morning.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Tod P, General Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Thank you for the postive comments. My staff and I have always strived to provide that home away from feeling for our guest. As the new General Manager we are in the middle of making approvements to the property such as new bedding's.I welcome you back the next time you are in the area.

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business during the Gator Nationals. As a bus driver I've stayed at many hotels, and I must say this is one of the first times I can remember that my breakfast waffle was made for me, by a very friendly person with cheerful smile, at a "non-full service restaurant" property. The rest of the breakfast was adequate and fresh. The staff is pleasant and friendly, and will actually have a brief conversation with you, besides just saying "good morning". The room was clean and comfortable. TV's were a little fuzzy, but I was expecting HD on old tube TV. Sufficient to get the news in a watch a show or two. Also has large area for bus and truck parking and is very convenient to I-75, a definite plus.

Not sure why the management bashing...I actually overheard one couple at breakfast say this was the best stay with the friendliest staff they've experienced in over five consecutive years of annual trips. This was only my second stay in about 5 years, but I will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Tod P, General Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
Thank you very much for the postive comments. Yes I have a great team that goes the extra mile to provide that southern hospitality.It has alway's been my goal to make our guest feel that this is there home away from home, and I am very happy that myself and my staff has reached that goal with your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I was looking for somewhere reasonable and found this gem. I travel often and came across this Super 8 in Lake City. I had the pleasure of meeting the Manager Troy and he was extremely helpful and appreciative of my business. It was a slow day and he upgraded me to a room by the pool. Room was very clean and his front desk staff was very friendly and told me all about their great breakfast.

Kudos to great management and staff and excellent overall value! I will definitely be back whenever I am in Lake City.

George B.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
It was my pleasure meeting with you the other day. Thanks for the postive comments on my front desk staff. It is our goal to provide great service, clean rooms and a wonderful breakfast on each of our guest stay. As the new General Manager of this location, I am very proud of the staff and we look forward to your future business here at the Lake City Super 8.