“DONOTSTAYHERE”

Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Lake City, Florida
“DONOTSTAYHERE”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

While the front desk staff was very polite and the price is right...when I arrived the police were already here attest mg someone for theft. During the course of the evening one vcouple was screaming and fighting out in the walkway while throwing beer at each other, the another loud screaming fight in the parking lot. This is apparently a monthly rental hotel. Lots of creepy people walking around. The room was OK, however, the tub was constantly running and the floor was wet. The AC was incredibly loud. This is my night so far. If I make it until tomorrow.. I will let you know...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tod P, General Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at our location. Yes the police was here on the property when you arrived, however the issue the police was handling had nothing to do with the hotel nor any guest staying at this location. My staff and I strived to make this a safe and clean place for all our guest to stay . I am sorry your experience was not up to your standards and we hope you have a safe journey home.

Troy Wimberly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Mountain Home, Arkansas
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The room was old and not the cleanest. We lost power at 10:30 and had to get dressed to move clear around the building. It would have been nice if the manager offered to help or bring us a rack to move things easier. The hair blower didn't work in one of the bathrooms and the deadbolts didn't work on either door. The beds were hard. The foundations on the beds had nothing on then and they were filthy.The receptionist was nice and so was the lady at the breakfast bar. The staff was great but the motel was in poor condition.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tod P, General Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for informing us of your issues during your recent stay here at our location. I am very sorry to hear that you lost power to some sections of your room. I am happy that my staff was able to move you 3 doors down to another room so that you may have electoral services in that room. I will direct all your concerns to the proper department head to ensure this may not happen to any of our future guest.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Hotel staff was friendly. I did request queen beds but only received double beds. The stay overall was nice and pleasant. I would recommend and will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Tod P, General Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at our lake City location. My staff and I strive to make this your home away from home. We are very pleased to know that we accomplished this during your visit.

New Richmond, Ohio
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful, the breakfast was good, but the facility was very old and poorly maintained. The pool was fairly large, but had scum on top of the water, and there were many bugs in it. The carpet in the room was old and stained, and the beds were squeaky.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Tod P, General Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for pointing out your concerns with your recent visit to our property. I am very sorry you experience what we Floridians call "love bugs ". It's this time of year that the love bugs are out and there life spanned for the love bugs are very short resulting in them falling into our pools and walkways. But I am very grateful to hear that my staff took very good care of you while visiting our location.

Lake City
Reviewed 14 May 2014

the key card wouldnt let me back in the room to finish loading up my car at 6 am in the morning. i had to walk all the way around the building to get it 're authorized' at the front desk. Then....even though I had only stayed there for 4 hours I noticed I had been charged 2 times when i went online to check my bank account. one time for the price with a pet and one time for a price without a pet. so.....i had to call back and complain. it took a couple days for the extra charge to be credited back to my account. i think for that kind of inconvenience one should get a discount....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank John B
Tod P, General Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for letting us know of your recent concerns while staying at our property. I am very sorry about the inconvenience of your key not working in the early morning. Sometimes when placing the key cards near a car keyless remote the programing on the hotel key card is lost requiring new programing. I am very happy that my front desk clerk upon your request refunded the extra charge on your credit card.