“Older facility, cold air ac, and excellent service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Lake City

Super 8 Lake City
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
“Older facility, cold air ac, and excellent service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Staff was great and acommodated our large group. There facility is older, but was very kid friendly. They loved the big pool. Breakfast was decent too they like the waffles. If you are on a budget the dinner and breakfast is a bonus.

• Stayed July 2014
Tod P, General Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for the positive review. Yes we provide Southern style dinners Sunday -Thursday for our guest. All meals are prepared right here on sight , meals such as chicken and yellow rice, southern style stews, collard greens and corn bread, northern bean soup and much more. We are very delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent visit and we welcome you group back upon your return to Lake City.

Troy Wimberly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Mauriceville, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

The dirtiest room I’ve ever stayed in!
Traveling from Texas to Florida – we stopped at Super 8 Hotel in Lake City Florida after Dark. The lady at the front desk should be working at a high End Hotel, very pleasant, courteous and wonderful customer service, I feel so sorry for her.
As we asked for NON smoking room and when we walked in – SMOKE SMELLS HIT US IN THE FACE. Then just an old musty spell. We didn’t get all the way in the door and went back up to the office.
We ask for our money back, and she politely said since we had split the bill on two cards she couldn’t’ do that, it was already posted, but could give us another room. So we tried again, this room was the dirtiest room I’ve ever stayed in. After a 12 hour drive, I had no fight left and was exhausted. I was thinking Motel 8, MY BAD to confuse them.
Never will I stay there, or any other Super 8 motel again! Lesson Learned. The one photo was as I sat on the side of the bed, this is what you see.
We never took off our shoes!!
The Sister Trip 2014

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tod P, General Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you very much for pointing out your concerns during your recent visit to our property. I assure you I will direct these concerns to the proper department head.

Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

When I arrived supper was over but the staff still was able to find some food for me. Rooms were fine clean great value for the money.
And there is free Ice cream.!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for all of your efforts.

• Stayed June 2014
Tod P, General Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for the positive feed back on your recent stay at our location. I am very happy to hear you were able to enjoy some of the great meals we provide to our guest Sunday - Thursday. We welcome you back the next time you are in the Lake City area.

Lake City, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

While the front desk staff was very polite and the price is right...when I arrived the police were already here attest mg someone for theft. During the course of the evening one vcouple was screaming and fighting out in the walkway while throwing beer at each other, the another loud screaming fight in the parking lot. This is apparently a monthly rental hotel. Lots of creepy people walking around. The room was OK, however, the tub was constantly running and the floor was wet. The AC was incredibly loud. This is my night so far. If I make it until tomorrow.. I will let you know...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at our location. Yes the police was here on the property when you arrived, however the issue the police was handling had nothing to do with the hotel nor any guest staying at this location. My staff and I strived to make this a safe and clean place for all our guest to stay . I am sorry your experience was not up to your standards and we hope you have a safe journey home.

Mountain Home, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

The room was old and not the cleanest. We lost power at 10:30 and had to get dressed to move clear around the building. It would have been nice if the manager offered to help or bring us a rack to move things easier. The hair blower didn't work in one of the bathrooms and the deadbolts didn't work on either door. The beds were hard. The foundations on the beds had nothing on then and they were filthy.The receptionist was nice and so was the lady at the breakfast bar. The staff was great but the motel was in poor condition.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tod P, General Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for informing us of your issues during your recent stay here at our location. I am very sorry to hear that you lost power to some sections of your room. I am happy that my staff was able to move you 3 doors down to another room so that you may have electoral services in that room. I will direct all your concerns to the proper department head to ensure this may not happen to any of our future guest.