“What a great hotel and staff!!!!”
Review of Super 8 Lake City

Super 8 Lake City
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
florida
“What a great hotel and staff!!!!”
Reviewed 15 June 2009

I coordinated a trip for 2 baseball teams and parents to stay at this hotel. From the beginning of planning the trip, the new manager was extremely helpful with all of our needs and went one step beyond on each and every need. It is a beautiful property, the kids had lots of room to practice, play, and hang out. The parents had just as much fun. Each and every staff member from housekeeping, to management made sure we had what we needed, and if there was a problem, they jumped right on it.
I was nervous about making the decision of a hotel for our large group, but after arriving and spending 5 days with them, I found that I had definately made the right decision.
The hotel has room around it, it is not like many of the hotels around the vacinity that are just all pavement. It is close to the Ichetuckny River, and we found that we were happy with the location.
I would do it all over again, and if the tournament is in the same area next year, you can bet that I will stay there again!!!

• Stayed June 2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Macon, GA
Reviewed 15 June 2009

I called this hotel and booked directly through them 1 month in advance. My friends booked online through expedia and paid $20 cheaper per night. The management staff at the hotel refused to adjust the rates so they were equal even as we are standing in the lobby checking out and comparing receipts. UNBELIEVABLE!!! The hotel is a decent but their customer service leaves something tho be desired.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
Gulfport, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2009

As l am disabled, l write regarding the way it is at hotels, restaurants etc. and this motel was more than willing to please. The handicap room is right next to the handicap parking and altho l would have preferred a walk-in shower - l did manage to get my adled legs over the tub as the grab bars were placed just right for me. The room was beautiful, bed comfy and plenty of pillows which many disabled people need. On top of all that, the Management was terrific. The property is well maintained and has a nice little pond and fountain to add to the beauty of the place. Little things like having ice-cream available 24/7, a nice continental breakfast room with TV and recommendations available for restaurants with directions was what l think ALL hotels should have and usually don't. This was a pleasant experience and l will return.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Snellville, Georgia
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Excellent price, Very friendly staff, Great location, easy to get in and out.Located on a hill top so no traffic noise.
Breakfast was a little limited but coffee, milk and muffins is about all I ever eat anyway.
Very nice room, Clean, Coffee maker, Iron, Hair dryer, Microwave, Refrigerator, Nice shower with lots of water pressure and LARGE towels.
I didn't expect this to be a High Dollar Resort. For $50.00 a night it was SUPERB.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Sandy Springs
Reviewed 9 April 2009

I travel around every few weeks to new locations just to get out and about. I try to look for value accommodations with an eye toward allowing pets as I take my dog with me sometimes. The room was tidy and the staff friendly. I don't eat ice cream, but they even had free ice cream! There is a pool and it looks like it'd be nice when the weather warms up.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 23 March 2009

Clean hotel with a great pool in large courtyard, pet walking area, large area for parking our camper with a guest laundry facility that really came in handy. The kids loved the free ice cream. The staff was great and a desk clerk that called your room to make sure we were satisfied with our room Great value!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
frunkis09
Reviewed 20 March 2009

I decided to give this hotel a try and am glad that I did. I was able to get a good walk in rate and they gave me free ice cream. The lady at the desk was super helpful and efficient. She even called my room shortly after check in to make sure everything in the room was great, which it was. The room was nice, the wi-fi worked well and there was a micro-wave and small refridgerator. The outstanding service was unexpected and housekeeping really needs a pat on the back. I really enjoyed the peace and quite at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo