“Best hotel stay ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
“Best hotel stay ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was, without a doubt, the hotel stay I've ever had, and as a military dependent and a military member myself, I've stayed in quite a few hotels. The rooms are spotless, large, and tastefully decorated. We were right next to the elevator but we never heard a sound; I swear the room was soundproof! The staff, especially the manager Deanna, was friendly, helpful and went above and beyond to ensure our stay was excellent. They even had fresh cookies ready in the evening when we returned! The hot breakfast the following morning started our day off right, and the hot tub was the perfect way to prepare for the long drive home. Country Inn & Suites now has a lifelong customer! I highly recommend them!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Klaudia L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake City, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and staying with Country Inn and Suites in Lake City an award winner hotel. It is great to see that you have enjoyed our breakfast. Here in Country Inn and Suites we want our guests to start their day right!!! Our complimentary Be Our Guest Breakfast offers a variety of hot (bacon, sausage, eggs, waffles, etc.) and cold (yogurt, cereal, pastries, parfait, etc.) delicious options. At our hotel we have one goal, to treat guests like family. Thank you again for staying with us!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I've been to many hotels growing up as a military dependent and as a veteran myself, but the Country Inns & Suites in Lake City, Florida, far surpassed any hotel I've ever been to! The room was spotless, the bedding divinely comfortable, and the staff really made us feel as though we were their number one priority. Deanna, the manager on duty, was quite friendly and really was outstanding in helping us check in and taking care of our needs. I highly recommend Country Inns & Suites!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Klaudia L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake City, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and staying with Country Inn and Suites in Lake City an award winner hotel. It is great to see that you have enjoyed your stay. Our hotel is conveniently located near I-75 and I-10 so we are a great hotel to stay at after that long drive. Also, most of the restaurants around us are within a mile from us and some are walking distance. Again thank you and we hope to see you again!!! Freshly baked cookies are waiting for you on your return.
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The motel itself is OK. but a bit outdated. The bathroom was in dire need of remodeling. I read on here someone else talking about the "smokers room" on the 3rd floor. Of course, I was on the 3rd floor and sure enough, the hallway smells like a smokers lounge. I will give them 1 thing. It was one of the friendliest staffs I have encountered anywhere! Overpriced for what you get

Room Tip: If you ARE NOT a smoker, do not take a 3rd floor room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Klaudia L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake City, responded to this review, 25 July 2014

Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at this property a few weeks ago. Easy check in, clean but small rooms (even suites), nice staff, indoor pool (big time chlorine smell) and good breakfast. Really the only negative is that they are stingy on their towels. We had a family of 4 staying in our suite. First day 2 sets of towels, 2nd day after speaking to housekeeping - 3 sets of towels, day 3 and 4 2 sets of towels. Had to rob the cart twice for more towels and shampoo. Other than that it was okay!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Klaudia L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake City, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and staying with Lake City's award winner hotel. It is great to see that you have enjoyed your stay. We try our very best to accommodate the request of all our guest, guest satisfaction is our number one priority. Again thank you and we hope to see you again!!!
Rockledge, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We always stay in the Lake City Country Inn and Suites on our way to Atlanta. The rooms are very large and always clean. The staff is always professional and helpful. The rooms are very quiet and the beds are comfortable. My husband has a bad back and he is very particular about the bed he sleeps in. There are several restaurants close to the hotel and they offer a 10% discount to anyone staying in the hotel. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Lake City.

Room Tip: We always ask for a room at the back of the hotel away from I-95
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Klaudia L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake City, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Cantonment, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We checked in late, about 9 PM with our 2 kids (7 and 1.5 years old) and were ready to get some rest after being in road. The hotel looks nice and guy at front desk seemed friendly, no complaints there. However, 3rd floor reeks of cigarettes and we had non-smoking room. When we walked in room it smelled clean, like strong perfume or air freshener. Once we got settled and laid down in the bedroom we noticed a stale cigarette smell. Not pleasant and not good but we didn't want to wake kids up to switch rooms. The front smelled ok where the kids were but I'm sure the strong perfume smell was camouflaging any cigarette smell. Will look for a smoke free hotel and will not be staying here again!! I would not recommend this to families who are smoke free! We are going to let front desk know when we check out bc this should be an issue. I saw other complaint on this website about same issue. Wish I checked before we came here.

Room Tip: Don't stay 3rd floor....smells like a bar.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
Klaudia L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake City, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for letting us know about the experience you had with our hotel, as an award winner hotel in Lake City we take all comments seriously. We try our best to satisfy our guest. I will definitely investigate further to make sure this will not happen again. We are deeply sorry about this. Thank you and we hope to give us a chance once more.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Tried to get a room at this hotel on our way down to Naples. When we went to check in, I asked the clerk if she would book a room and use our club carlson points. Her response was no, you have to do it yourself. She pointed me to the lobby computer and said to book it online. Couldn't believe she was standing 4 feet from me and couldn't book the room nor offered to help. She did not give me the login in to the computer, had to ask, did not give me the password, had to ask. meanwhile, instead of providing assistance she was chatting with her co-worker and ordering cheesy fries.. terrible customer service. One good thing about our visit to lake city, there are 6 hotels right in a row on 75 so just drove next door and stayed there. Price at Country Inn was over $117 a night, red roof inn, right next door was $72 and the service was exceptional.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Klaudia L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake City, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for letting us know about the experience you had with our hotel, as an award winner hotel in Lake City we take all comments seriously. We try our best to satisfy our guest. We will retrain our staff on how to handle situation like this, so this will not happen again.
Also, If you would like to use your club carlson points the procedure to make reservation is either booking online or central reservation (1-800 #). Unfortunately, here at the hotel our system is not set-up for Points reservation. Give us a call anytime so we could discuss this further. Thank you.