“Best Bargain In Area”

Rodeway Inn Lake City
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Reviewed 1 January 2012

The staff are some of the nicest folks I've ever met in my various hotel stays. Very, very friendly from the maid service to the desk manager. The rooms are clean and fairly comfortable -- when you're not paying premium prices, you have no right to expect premium mattresses, plush towels, etc. We felt safe and secure. Even though it's located very close to I-75, only the lightest sleeper would find it too noisy to get a good night's sleep.

Skip the breakfast and go across the street to Cracker Barrel -- Little Debbies and stale coffee aren't my idea of a good breakfast, even if it is free.

I think this would be an OK place to stay, just pulling off the Interstate. If you're thinking of using this property for multiple rooms, say, family reunion or visit to Florida Folk Festival, use caution. They have a seriously difficult time getting trip details organized -- I was renting a block of five rooms, and I spent HOURS on the phone with them, yet was still uneasy as to whether things would be right when we arrived. (They were right, but I had been extremely persistent in locking down details.)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 July 2011

very good deal at the coupon price. nice basic no frills motel. we got there, ate at the arbys across the street, went to bed, got up and got on the road. motel is fine for this purpose. staff was very nice.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2010

Whatever you do, PAY CASH! While checking in, I almost used my credit card but I saw other receipts on the counter that had the full card number on them. They also wanted my name, address, driver's license number, etc. Combine all that with the credit card number and you're ripe for identity theft. I paid cash and refused to give my DL number.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We stayed in Choice Hotels during our move from the San Francisco Bay area to Cape Coral, FL because of their summer promotion and (mostly) pet friendly policy. Fridge, microwave and packaged danishes for breakfast. It was a pet friendly place to rest after a long day on the road and did not disappoint, especially at this price.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mhconley
Reviewed 19 October 2009

You get what you pay for here... Cheap rate, fairly clean. Oversoft bed. Not on the highway but you can hear people talking outside... I would only stay here if I had to save a dime. But if all you want is a bed a sleep deeply, it will do the trick.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank dsingram
Reviewed 16 August 2009

My husband and I stayed here on a Friday evening. We had no idea where we would be staying but realized it would be some place in Lake City. We had done some bike riding earlier in the day and knew we wanted to stay in that general area and that there would be plenty of choices. We are budget minded and decided that for just one night we didn't want to spend a lot of $$. We checked in around 6 PM or so and the gentleman at the front desk was very accomodating. My husband had parked right in front of one of the rooms (we had our bikes on the back of our pickup) and the clerk said that he would put us somewhere close to the office. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Lots of places to eat in the area too. The only complaint I would have is that the a/c was kinda noisy when it turned off and on all night.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2009

Clean enought, convenient location, C&B is across the street.
Stayed there before going to Okefenokee Swamp.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family