“A clean and safe place to get some rest.”

Rodeway Inn Lake City
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Reviewed 27 August 2012

A family emergency required my family and I to take a 10 hour road trip. We decided to break up the trip and stay overnight in Lake City. The Rodeway hotel met our requirements for cost and convenience. We were not disappointed. The room was clean and everything worked ...including the refrigerator. Given similar circumstances, we would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank stewart w

Reviewed 20 February 2012

If you want affordability then this place is great. Its cheap and clean. The staff was excellent, checking us in early by having our room cleaned first. The motel is also located right next door to bigger more expensive hotels so its not in a bad part of town. Walking distance to B-King and Steak and Shake. Cheap, Clean, No-Frills.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This Rodeway had a very warm helpful staff and it was a clean and comfortable basic hotel for its price level. However, with two different computers we could not get the wifi to work, so if internet access is important, you might try one of the other hotels in Lake City.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2012

The staff are some of the nicest folks I've ever met in my various hotel stays. Very, very friendly from the maid service to the desk manager. The rooms are clean and fairly comfortable -- when you're not paying premium prices, you have no right to expect premium mattresses, plush towels, etc. We felt safe and secure. Even though it's located very close to I-75, only the lightest sleeper would find it too noisy to get a good night's sleep.

Skip the breakfast and go across the street to Cracker Barrel -- Little Debbies and stale coffee aren't my idea of a good breakfast, even if it is free.

I think this would be an OK place to stay, just pulling off the Interstate. If you're thinking of using this property for multiple rooms, say, family reunion or visit to Florida Folk Festival, use caution. They have a seriously difficult time getting trip details organized -- I was renting a block of five rooms, and I spent HOURS on the phone with them, yet was still uneasy as to whether things would be right when we arrived. (They were right, but I had been extremely persistent in locking down details.)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2011

very good deal at the coupon price. nice basic no frills motel. we got there, ate at the arbys across the street, went to bed, got up and got on the road. motel is fine for this purpose. staff was very nice.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2010

Whatever you do, PAY CASH! While checking in, I almost used my credit card but I saw other receipts on the counter that had the full card number on them. They also wanted my name, address, driver's license number, etc. Combine all that with the credit card number and you're ripe for identity theft. I paid cash and refused to give my DL number.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We stayed in Choice Hotels during our move from the San Francisco Bay area to Cape Coral, FL because of their summer promotion and (mostly) pet friendly policy. Fridge, microwave and packaged danishes for breakfast. It was a pet friendly place to rest after a long day on the road and did not disappoint, especially at this price.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family