“Believe It!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Tamarac, Florida
“Believe It!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

Okay, so this is not a 5-star hotel, but I do recommend it, so let me explain. Before I stay at any hotel in the Choice Hotels chain, I cross reference each hotel two ways. First, I look on AAA to see what hotels they recommend in a given city, and second I scour the Internet for reviews. If I get thumbs up from both sources, I will stay at the hotel. I’ve found this to be necessary because there is so much inconsistency in the Choice chain. Using this method, I have found good values, especially for quick overnight stays, and this little Rodeway Inn is a good example. It doesn’t look like much from the highway, one level with all outdoor-room-access and fading paint. In fact, as we drove past several other hotels from the Choice chain that all looked much nicer from the outside and arrived at the dumpiest looking Rodeway, my family started looking at me as though I had lost my mind. But I kept telling myself that the competitors were NOT recommended on AAA and the Rodeway was, so I checked us in. It turned out we were not alone. By morning, just about every room had been booked, and I have to say for a quick overnight, the value was outstanding. The room was clean, with a good shower. The bedding was comfortable, not outstanding but comfortable. The breakfast bar was a little lacking, only offering instant oatmeal and bad Danish in plastic wrap. There was no milk, only powdered creamer for coffee, but we weren’t there for the food. Plus, Lake View is a nice, bustling town with lots of sidewalk to walk and stretch your legs after a long day driving. If you are looking for clean and cheap, stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

Smooth check in, nice room, clean and quiet. Not a lot for breakfast but then this is a budget establishment. Our bath room had the nicest toilet paper, way better than hotels charging 3X the rate here.......

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

Nice little motel right off I-75. I love that your car is right outside the door so there's no carrying luggage, just back in and unload! Very clean and smells nice. Front desk staff are excellent, very friendly and helpful. I've never stayed at a hotel this clean for under $50! Internet works fine, too.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
White, Georgia (Atlanta)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

We drive to Lake City and stay the night on our way to Disney World. This is our second stay here. I was not as impressed this time as I was last time. My Husband travels so we usually stay on points, trying to choose the least amount of points per stay so that we can stretch our points out. The Rodeway in Lake City is cheap on points.

The room was clean enough. I did have to pull 4 or 5 black hairs off the sheets. The shower was clean but looked terrible. The finish was peeling off all over the sides and bottom. I don't like that, gives me a sense of uncleanliness. I do not remember our room in December having that problem.

In the end, this place is clean enough for our overnight stay. We get to Lake City kind of late and leave pretty early, making the Rodeway Inn perfect for our needs. I am not sure that I could stay here more than a night or 2 though. The people are always friendly and we feel safe here.

There are plenty of places to eat in walking distance. There is a Burger King, Steak'n Shake and IHOP (to name a few) that can be seen from the parking lot. Easy access on and off the Interstate. Very convenient location.

I am giving a lower rating on cleanliness and rooms because I can't stand hair in my bed and the tub needs a lot of help! YUCK!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TAMN8R2
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

When you stay at a road side motel on your way to your vacation, you really arent expecting much, just a bed and a clean room. Well, we got that but it was surprising how much we enjoyed our stay. This hotel is a very good value - the room was very clean, including the bathroom and bedding. TV, Internet and fridge worked fine and plenty of water pressure and hot water in the shower. The staff was friendly and we felt safe during our one night stay. Also, although located right by I-75, noise was minimal. Lots of dining options near by, including walking distance. I would definitely stay here again on our drive through.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TexasJoe8
Lake City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

A family emergency required my family and I to take a 10 hour road trip. We decided to break up the trip and stay overnight in Lake City. The Rodeway hotel met our requirements for cost and convenience. We were not disappointed. The room was clean and everything worked ...including the refrigerator. Given similar circumstances, we would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank stewart w
St. Marys, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

If you want affordability then this place is great. Its cheap and clean. The staff was excellent, checking us in early by having our room cleaned first. The motel is also located right next door to bigger more expensive hotels so its not in a bad part of town. Walking distance to B-King and Steak and Shake. Cheap, Clean, No-Frills.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family