“Interstate hotel”

Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Lake City
“Interstate hotel”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This place was right next to the interstate. The rooms were somewhat clean. the best part was the hot water in the shower. The room had a smell to it, not sure what it was. Service just was not that good. Had to walk up to the office to get a do not disturb sign for the door.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Owen G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bellvue, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed here just one night with some friends. The hotel wasn't new but was clean and the value was good. There was NO mold, or smell of mold. Our room actually had a window that opened so we could let some fresh air in and hear the sounds outside which is nice. The service was good, they had a free/comp breakfast that was simple but got us energized for our day. There are plenty of places in walking distance to eat.

Room Tip: I don't believe this place had a pool or maybe it was closed so you may want to check on that.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Florida
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Motel was fairly clean and quiet. If you like old style motels this is one of them. No frills just a decent nights sleep at a cheap price. Don't expect much from the breakfast cause you'll be disappointed. Just coffee and some pre packaged pastries.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem about the same
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Tamarac, Florida
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Okay, so this is not a 5-star hotel, but I do recommend it, so let me explain. Before I stay at any hotel in the Choice Hotels chain, I cross reference each hotel two ways. First, I look on AAA to see what hotels they recommend in a given city, and second I scour the Internet for reviews. If I get thumbs up from both sources, I will stay at the hotel. I’ve found this to be necessary because there is so much inconsistency in the Choice chain. Using this method, I have found good values, especially for quick overnight stays, and this little Rodeway Inn is a good example. It doesn’t look like much from the highway, one level with all outdoor-room-access and fading paint. In fact, as we drove past several other hotels from the Choice chain that all looked much nicer from the outside and arrived at the dumpiest looking Rodeway, my family started looking at me as though I had lost my mind. But I kept telling myself that the competitors were NOT recommended on AAA and the Rodeway was, so I checked us in. It turned out we were not alone. By morning, just about every room had been booked, and I have to say for a quick overnight, the value was outstanding. The room was clean, with a good shower. The bedding was comfortable, not outstanding but comfortable. The breakfast bar was a little lacking, only offering instant oatmeal and bad Danish in plastic wrap. There was no milk, only powdered creamer for coffee, but we weren’t there for the food. Plus, Lake View is a nice, bustling town with lots of sidewalk to walk and stretch your legs after a long day driving. If you are looking for clean and cheap, stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Smooth check in, nice room, clean and quiet. Not a lot for breakfast but then this is a budget establishment. Our bath room had the nicest toilet paper, way better than hotels charging 3X the rate here.......

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Nice little motel right off I-75. I love that your car is right outside the door so there's no carrying luggage, just back in and unload! Very clean and smells nice. Front desk staff are excellent, very friendly and helpful. I've never stayed at a hotel this clean for under $50! Internet works fine, too.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
White, Georgia (Atlanta)
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We drive to Lake City and stay the night on our way to Disney World. This is our second stay here. I was not as impressed this time as I was last time. My Husband travels so we usually stay on points, trying to choose the least amount of points per stay so that we can stretch our points out. The Rodeway in Lake City is cheap on points.

The room was clean enough. I did have to pull 4 or 5 black hairs off the sheets. The shower was clean but looked terrible. The finish was peeling off all over the sides and bottom. I don't like that, gives me a sense of uncleanliness. I do not remember our room in December having that problem.

In the end, this place is clean enough for our overnight stay. We get to Lake City kind of late and leave pretty early, making the Rodeway Inn perfect for our needs. I am not sure that I could stay here more than a night or 2 though. The people are always friendly and we feel safe here.

There are plenty of places to eat in walking distance. There is a Burger King, Steak'n Shake and IHOP (to name a few) that can be seen from the parking lot. Easy access on and off the Interstate. Very convenient location.

I am giving a lower rating on cleanliness and rooms because I can't stand hair in my bed and the tub needs a lot of help! YUCK!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family