“OK for a Single Night”

Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Southern Indiana
“OK for a Single Night”
Reviewed 24 November 2010

Whatever you do, PAY CASH! While checking in, I almost used my credit card but I saw other receipts on the counter that had the full card number on them. They also wanted my name, address, driver's license number, etc. Combine all that with the credit card number and you're ripe for identity theft. I paid cash and refused to give my DL number.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We stayed in Choice Hotels during our move from the San Francisco Bay area to Cape Coral, FL because of their summer promotion and (mostly) pet friendly policy. Fridge, microwave and packaged danishes for breakfast. It was a pet friendly place to rest after a long day on the road and did not disappoint, especially at this price.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank mhconley
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 19 October 2009

You get what you pay for here... Cheap rate, fairly clean. Oversoft bed. Not on the highway but you can hear people talking outside... I would only stay here if I had to save a dime. But if all you want is a bed a sleep deeply, it will do the trick.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank dsingram

Travellers are raving about these Lake City hotels

Ocala,FL
Reviewed 16 August 2009

My husband and I stayed here on a Friday evening. We had no idea where we would be staying but realized it would be some place in Lake City. We had done some bike riding earlier in the day and knew we wanted to stay in that general area and that there would be plenty of choices. We are budget minded and decided that for just one night we didn't want to spend a lot of $$. We checked in around 6 PM or so and the gentleman at the front desk was very accomodating. My husband had parked right in front of one of the rooms (we had our bikes on the back of our pickup) and the clerk said that he would put us somewhere close to the office. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Lots of places to eat in the area too. The only complaint I would have is that the a/c was kinda noisy when it turned off and on all night.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 August 2009

Clean enought, convenient location, C&B is across the street.
Stayed there before going to Okefenokee Swamp.

Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Calgary
Reviewed 19 April 2009

We stayed here before leaving on an 8 day Caribbean cruise. The shuttle service is quite a bonus. They run a "tight ship" keeping every one informed of what is happening in the mornings. The bonus computers with internet is a very nice touch.
As for breakfast, what can I say except that it is superb. The day we were there they had the best Belgian waffles I have ever tasted. This is one hotel that I am going to recommend to my travel agent as the staff really knows how to take care of you. The only down side to this hotel is it's location.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Clawson, MI
Reviewed 28 July 2008

I called the Choice Hotel main number to find a hotel along our route because we were very tired and needed somewhere to stay. We have done this many times and have had very good luck with this method. However, this time we were not so lucky. I made the reservation by phone and was told there was a non-smoking room available. When we arrived the clerk was not able to find our reservation and indicated that the door to the only non-smoking room may be broken. I had me walk around the building to check and it was indeed broken. Since there was not another hotel for a long way we decided to just take the smoking room with the door that actually locked. The room was hot and stinky. We turned on the air conditioning full blast and left the door open for a little while. The room cooled down slightly and we got used to the smell. However, the bathroom was disgusting. There was dust and dirt everywhere in the room. The tops of the furniture had a greasy film on it. When I told the clerk on check out he said it was furniture polish. I am pretty sure you should not use furniture polish on plastic, but I could be wrong. Thank goodness the room was cheap and the beds were comfortable enough and seemed clean. We just checked in, slept, and checked out as fast as possible.

• Liked — Bed was comfortable.
  • Disliked — dirt
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family