“Great Find” 4 of 5 bubbles

Gator's Dockside
Ranked #22 of 125 Restaurants in Lake City
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Groups, Kids, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Located in a shopping center, Gator's is a little hard to find if you are from out of town. It has a nice sports bar atmosphere, very clean, and friendly staff.
The food seemed typical sports bar food with wings and burgers, but they had some sandwiches and salads not so typical of the bar scene. I had the Mahi Mahi sandwich with a side of coleslaw. It was delicious! The mahi was cooked and seasoned well. The coleslaw had cranberries added and did not have that strong vinegar taste that made it enjoyable.
I would def make this a stop next time I am in the area around lunch.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Michelle L

Lake City, Florida
“Nice Bar Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

This place defiantly has the atmosphere of a sports bar. We went in on a relatively quite night. No big sporting events going on. It was still a little loud. The food and drinks were good. Service was good too. We will defiantly try it on football night!

Visited June 2013
Fort White
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Gator's Dockside is basically a sports bar. The wait staff is friendly and attentive but the food is nothing special. It is not one of the better restaurants in Lake City, the food was only average. I ordered the Monte Cristo which was "just okay" and the steamed veggies were very bland. My husband ordered a sandwich (pastrami I think), not very memorable - the sandwich was small but the plate was loaded with French fries. If you like to drink alcohol and don't really care about the food it'd be okay.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
namibdon
“Good food;a bit expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

We recently went to Gator's Dockside for a family celebration, rather later than normal. The wait staff did a super job getting our food to us in a timely fashion. The waitress even remembered two of us from a previous meeting visit. The food was excellent. The prices are a little elevated for what you would get at similar places, but the quality and atmosphere make it worth the extra costs.

• Visited July 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great food....Best service ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

We went 2 times with in about 8 days once on each visit to Lake City. the first visit I left my baseball hat and didn't know I left it. The next week I looked everywhere for it and couldn't find it. That day I went in a the same waitress said did yall leave this. I am so thankful that she put it up and we went back. LOVE the boneless wings and onion petals.

Visited July 2013