“You'd Think I Would Learn”
Review of Gator's Dockside

Gator's Dockside
Ranked #25 of 129 Restaurants in Lake City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Decided to go back with friends last night for supper. Wrong decision. I will not go back again. Service was shoddy and this time the beer wasn't even good and cold. Wings were small and portion size has decreased as well.

There are newer reviews for Gator's Dockside

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

My wife have gone here several times for lunch and dinner.
They have some unique appetizers and a great craft beer selection.
Service has always been outstanding and prompt.
We have not been disappointed, neither will you.

2  Thank bbbd398
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Got right in. Bartender was knowledgable as my wife debated a martini with gin or vodka . Wings were awesome as the offered grill style which I love! Fried naked than sauced, than thrown on grill for a few minutes. The sauces were good. I liked the hot and the Cajun. Oh yeah, how bout sitting here on a Saturday night sucking down some 1.25 coors banquet! Wazzup!?!? Just passing through, heading back from the keys!

1  Thank Les S
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

After an 8 hour drive ended up being a 10 hour drive due to unexpected road closing, we didn't get to our destination until 9pm. We stay at exit 427 in lake city, fl because that is where we always stay when we are going down to the keys and when we are coming back from the keys. My husband always wants to try local restaurants and I agree with him on that. Tired of chain restaurants. Came across Gator's Dockside on trip advisor. Looked like our kind of place. Wings, gator tail, sandwiches, cocktails, etc... We actually where on our way to Beef O' Brady's when we drove right past this place and my husband says"look honey that is that place from Trip Advisor". So I said "let's turn around and go". We get there and they are a little busy, not to the point where there was a wait. Because the hostess was actually ready to sit us right away until I requested a booth. First, hostess asks where would you like to sit? I said booth, she then said how about a table? I went on to say I rather have a booth because we just came off a 10 hour drive and I want to be comfortable. Hostess proceeded to ask well, do you want to wait we are kind of busy tonight, I looked around and spotted 3 booths open off the bat. Because of that, I told her never mind and went to the bar where I sat in uncomfortable chair, but was made happy by the 2 awesome bar tenders there. Thank God for the 2 awesome bar tenders. (Note to hostess:) if u have open booths available and a paying customer tells you they want to be comfortable after a long drive, you give them a booth. End of story.. Still sitting at this place as I write this review only because of the bartenders hospitality.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We go most Friday nights to have drinks and dinner. Always 2 for 1 drinks and they are not stingy with the alcohol. The service is very good and the food is too.

3  Thank MGD1313