“We found THE BEST Applebee's in the USA!”
Review of Applebee's - CLOSED

Applebee's
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We enjoy this chain of restaurants and have two in our hometown. We were passing through town and needed dinner, so we stopped into this Lake City, Florida Applebee,s...WOW! All Applebee,s need to take a lesson from this one, including the two in my family's home town: It did EVERYTHING right:

1. It had a pleasant young man greet us at the door--sorry forgot the name but he was very nice and seated us right away! Parking was easy and close to the entrance. Landscaped well.
2. The interior of the restaurant was VERY clean. The restrooms were VERY clean.
3. The Waiter came right away and got our drinks started with a pleasant smile--thanks Sam!
4. The Manager came to check on us and made small talk with us in a friendly manner--thanks Taylor!
5. The mixed drink one of us had was GREAT!
6. A special order was done JUST RIGHT for one of our entrees! Thanks again Sam!
7. Drinks were refilled with a smile!
8. The food was prepared to order and delivered in a timely manner, and manager Taylor came by AGAIN to make sure everything was fine and it was! Thanks again Taylor!

We patronize this chain of restaurants in many places just because we really like the menu items, so we see a LOT of Applebee,s around the U.S. as we travel...we all agreed that THIS is THE BEST Applebee's there could possibly be!

Thank you Again!! If we pass through Lake City, we WILL be back!

(side note: The Applebee,s in Orlando Florida on Irlo Bronson Memorial Pkway is the WORST Applebee's we have been to--read that review for details).

Reviewed 22 July 2014

It was a quick trip and I needed quick dinner so I stopped at the local Applebee's. Normally it is so much like a bar, it isn't comfortable. But this night, my server, Ammy, was just incredible. I had steak with wedge salad and let Ammy talk me into Salty Caramel Pretzel bites. It was a very enjoyable meal...busy but not loud. Great place to go!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Some of my friends and I gathered for late lunch at the Lake City location on US 90. The food was as good as Applebees normally has-ONCE it FINALLY arrived! The place was practically deserted. Only one other table was occupied, and that had only two people. Still, it took over an hour to get our meals. No explanation was offered, and our waiter was rarely seen during all that time. He showed up once to refill beverages, but that was it.

Apparently, slow service in the big chain restaurants is the norm for Lake City as I've had that problem repeatedly in other places. Being a local, I don't have much choice about dealing with it if I go to these restaurants.

If you are not local, then you can avoid it. Don't stop in Lake City, or don't eat at Applebees here. Keep going North or South on I-75. Valdosta GA has great places. So does Gainesville FL. Those are the next towns North and South respectively. Go there. Don't come here.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have tryed this Applebees 3 times now and said would not go back each time. My waiter did the best he could but had tables in other section and was not able to keep track of mine. Did not have ingrediants to make my simple drink ( that I get at all Applebees ).

Reviewed 30 May 2014

It's open later than other places so we had a chance to get a good meal instead of fast food drive-through! Plus our hotel, the Red Roof Inn, has some agreement with Applebee's so we got 10% off. We chose the appetizer and dinner for two and upsized the size of the steaks. Very very good meal and great server, don't remember his name but he was very efficient and friendly despite being pretty busy. Would eat there again for sure.