“Delicious whole catfish!”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Where the locals eat! Great phood, service, and atmosphere set us apart.
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We have been visiting this place for the past six years on our way to Florida in the fall from Michigan then stopping again in the spring on the way back north! We LOVE the whole catfish. We missed the place the last year because we passed through on Sunday's or Monday's. We were hesitant on reading the reviews that the place had gone down hill. We just got back from one of the best catfish dinner's ever! The service was great, the food was great and we'll keep coming back! If you love whole catfish or should I say catPhish....you have to stop here!

Reviewed 13 April 2013

I have been to fish heads about 3 or four times and was not very pleased. I really wanted gator tail which was on the menu but they did not have when I asked when they would have it the waitress said it would be months before they did. Why have it on the menu then. I ordered the fish which was ok but the grits nasty. Can''t say I have ever had anyone make grits that way. I was not impressed with the service. We waited almost an hour and it was not busy.Can't say I have ever met the owners.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

Great food, reasonable prices. A fun place to visit in Lake City, FL. My wife raved about her prime rib. I had pasta with shrimp and scallops which was excellent. Our daughter had wings. Its a busy place but service was great. Nice woody decor.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

A group of 8 of us went for dinner on Valentines Day and it was very busy. However, we were seated right away and our waitress Juanita was amazing. She remembered everything and was always right there with more drinks . Our food came in a timely fashion and we were all pleased with our meals. We were all also pleased with our checks..very reasonable. The only complaint at our table was that the shrimp was missing from the Bloody Marys that night. We will be back!

Reviewed 16 February 2013

One of their specials is an "all you can eat catfish" and it is a scam. The catfish are tiny and they are on the bone. That alone is frustrating, but they stall delivering more, trying to wait out the customer. My first three arrived at the same time as my wife's meal. I finished off mine in a minute. The server took her time coming back to check on me. In the meantime, my wife finished her meal. It appeared that they had to cook my second helping as it took 20 minutes to arrive. Again, I finished off the catfish in a minute and had to wait 20 minutes for my third helping. At this point, my wife was bored and as annoyed as I was. I gave up and left hungry.
Not only are the catfish tiny and on the bone, but there is so little meat that the greasy breading makes up more of the serving than the meat.
I will never return.

Been to Phish Heads? Share your experiences!