“Do not stay here” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Inns Lake City

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake City
Americas Best Inns Lake City
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
“Do not stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

Carpet in the hallway was dirty. When we got to th room we didn't look past the bathroom. Dirty towel on the sink, bug on the floor, and the floor was yellow. The whole place smelled terrible. There are better hotels for the same value price.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kimsivad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

No problems with staff. But then again, I didn't bother complaining. Wish I would have seen the previous reviews before I booked. Only $45 for the night. 2 beds non-smoking. OK. A/C worked but made a loud clanging noise when automatically shutting off and on. Worst parts: Killed 2 roaches within my first 10 minutes. Bathroom door got stuck and my boyfriend had to pry it open from the outside. Towels had evidence of previous use as did the bedspread sheets and pillows although they smelled fine. The mattresses were not comfortable at all. We were glad to leave. I didn't fear for my safety or anything and all other hotels were sold out so...Do it if you have to, but you were warned.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank millykaye

Travellers are raving about these Lake City hotels

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

The bathroom floor was so sticky,I had to leave my shoes on. The walls in the bathroom were moldy. The worst part was that the smoke alarm was not attached to the ceiling. Even though it was cheap and you get what you pay for, no smoke alarm seemed extreme.

Room Tip: Drive right on by,
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Siteseer53
South Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

Beware room 121. We were given room 121. Our first impression was a terrible musty odor. Checked the air conditioner. It wasn't working properly. Seemed to be blowing outside air and the temperature control was not working. While I was trying to get the A/C working my wife complained that the bathroom sink was filthy. I tried to clean the sink but the stains wouldn't budge. While working on the sink, I nearly fell. I stepped into what fell like a hole under the bathroom flooring.

We requested another room and was moved next door to 123. The A/C was great and the bathroom was clean. There was a metal bar extending out from under the bed that we were warned to be careful of. The box sprimg under the matress, on both beds, had real gross stains. Simply putting some sort of cover over the boxspring would have, at least, covered uo the problem. Never the less, this was a major improvement from 121 and we possibly would not have had such a negative feeling if this was the first room.

We were told they servr a "continental breakfast" in the morning. This was so meager and un-appetizing, that we passed. Free wireles internet service was offered, but was only available in the lobby.

The gentleman who checked us in, I believe his name was Henry, was polite and tried real hard to be helpful.

We've stayed at other America's Best, Days Inns and similiar motels. This, unfortunately, was our worste experience.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank miamibobk
FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2009

I wouldn't send my worst enemy here - think prison camp complete with dead bugs all over, A/C that either was purposely unplugged in the common areass or not on at all in the rooms; once turned on, the A/C didn't work. Hotel ownership was openly hostile, unfriendly and rude. I've had better hotel experience in 3rd world countries.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank MULC
Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2007

This was not a good place. Huge black stains on the carpet. We woke up with ants all over our clothes. It was cheap but I was honestly glad to get out of there!

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank RainbowWolfRat
Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2006

Very cheap but you get what you pay for! Not clean at all and the air conditioning barely worked. The halls were so hot you could not breath and the rooms took several hours to get where you could stand them. The carpet was so stained and dirty as were the towels and wash clothes. We were with a large party and had to wait for towels to be rewashed! We will not be returning!

• Liked — nothing!
  • Disliked — the heat!
  • Tips/Secrets — spend a little more and get a nice place to stay
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank diddle223