“Location to town and interstate are excellent.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Lake City
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Burlison, Tennessee
“Location to town and interstate are excellent.”
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

This was my 5th stay at this hotel. I have always felt safe and relaxed here. When my son was flooded out in July 2012 by Tropical Storm Debbie the staff went above and beyond to assist with any need we had. The laundry facility is always a plus as I don't have to do laundry when I get home! The pool and spa area are always clean and sanitized. And the breakfast lady is a sweetheart! Computer in the lobby and wi-fi throughout for those doing business on the go is a plus.

• Stayed November 2012
supercraigster1, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lake City, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review, we are glade you had a enjoyable stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 16 August 2013

There aren't very many hotels in Lake City that have such a friendly and helpful staff! I have stayed at most of the hotels and found this Best Western very warm, comfortable and friendly. The only negative aspect was the hot spa was not HOT!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the review...I am sorry the hot tub was down, we made some upgrades to the spa, so everyone can enjoy having fun in the spa.
United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This hotel is shabby and run down. It doesn't feel clean. The air conditioner did not work well. The room never seemed to cool down. The furniture was just ok. There was no place to smoke except out in parking lot. Pool was across the parking lot hidden in the bushes. Don't stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Ellenwood, GA
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel August 2nd for one night. First let me say the front desk clerk was very nice. We arrived at 2am and she was upbeat and helpful. I've stayed at many Best Western hotels, this one was lacking in a few areas. The room had a musty smell, but that could have been because of the humidity in this area of Florida. The refrigerator did not work. The beds were ok, but not the "Best". The breakfast was not the "Best" either. I guess I expected just a little more. The room rate was more than I would have expected to pay, but then again it is the first Best Western you get to coming down I-75 from Georgia.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
west palm beach, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2013

At check in there was only one person checking people in and trying to answer the phone. I was put in room 210 and the ac was not working right blew out barely cool air. Room temp was like 82. There was no tv remote either. I called down and was moved to room 206.The knob was missing on the ac. The temp to begin with was about 78. Then it got hotter and hotter in there. I tossed and turned because of no ac. Woke up sweaty and went to take a shower and there was hair in the tub where it drains. ALOT. On check out she seemed to be use to complaints. I would never stay at that one again. I stay at alot of Best Westerns when i travel and i still will, but never at that one in Lake City FL

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Gloucester, Virginia
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This is my first time staying at the Lake City, Florida Best Western. I normally stay either at The Country Inn & Suites or The Hampton Inn. The front desk staff were outstanding. However, I was there for 4 days and no one ever came to clean my room, take my trash or give me fresh towels. The microwave was broken and the frig was set so high, all my food froze and I essentially had to throw everything out due to spoilage after the food thawed. I was not given a copy of my final charges and it wasn't until I got home and checked my credit card statement that I discovered I had by overcharged. Breakfast consists of cereal, oatmeal/grits, and rolls/english muffins and waffles. They ran out of hot water for drinks/oatmeal/grits, rang out of tea bags, had no hot chocolate available. On the plus side, the landscaping is beautiful. They have a very nice pool and separate workout room. The hotel is centrally located to everything in Lake City. However because of the overcharge, and the fact housekeeping never came to clean my room, I'm not sure if I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Inverness, Florida, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I am so upset about the entire stay and issues I cannot even bring myself to talk about it. All I can say is repeated false charges to my credit card. People going into my room when we weren't there. Locked out of our room because staff apparently gave someone else our room while we were away from the hotel for a few hours. They gave them keys to our room!!!!! We were with a softball team and another parent saw BW staff on several occasions going in and out of peoples rooms with no reason to be doing this( was not housekeeping). Changed the room rate after checking out and billed additional charges to my card! The business is awful and pretty much criminals with the owner/manager RON being the leader of it all. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: Watch your money!!!!