“Nice Place”

Baymont Inn & Suites Lake City
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The rates were reasonable and the décor was great. I finally took my mom and my Fiancée on a trip to Florida and we stayed at the Best Western. Our stay was great and we enjoyed the breakfast and the staff were friendly..It was worth the money..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
supercraigster1, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank You for the review, I am glade you had a good experience.

There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Lake City

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

This was my 5th stay at this hotel. I have always felt safe and relaxed here. When my son was flooded out in July 2012 by Tropical Storm Debbie the staff went above and beyond to assist with any need we had. The laundry facility is always a plus as I don't have to do laundry when I get home! The pool and spa area are always clean and sanitized. And the breakfast lady is a sweetheart! Computer in the lobby and wi-fi throughout for those doing business on the go is a plus.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review, we are glade you had a enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

There aren't very many hotels in Lake City that have such a friendly and helpful staff! I have stayed at most of the hotels and found this Best Western very warm, comfortable and friendly. The only negative aspect was the hot spa was not HOT!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the review...I am sorry the hot tub was down, we made some upgrades to the spa, so everyone can enjoy having fun in the spa.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

This hotel is shabby and run down. It doesn't feel clean. The air conditioner did not work well. The room never seemed to cool down. The furniture was just ok. There was no place to smoke except out in parking lot. Pool was across the parking lot hidden in the bushes. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel August 2nd for one night. First let me say the front desk clerk was very nice. We arrived at 2am and she was upbeat and helpful. I've stayed at many Best Western hotels, this one was lacking in a few areas. The room had a musty smell, but that could have been because of the humidity in this area of Florida. The refrigerator did not work. The beds were ok, but not the "Best". The breakfast was not the "Best" either. I guess I expected just a little more. The room rate was more than I would have expected to pay, but then again it is the first Best Western you get to coming down I-75 from Georgia.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2013

At check in there was only one person checking people in and trying to answer the phone. I was put in room 210 and the ac was not working right blew out barely cool air. Room temp was like 82. There was no tv remote either. I called down and was moved to room 206.The knob was missing on the ac. The temp to begin with was about 78. Then it got hotter and hotter in there. I tossed and turned because of no ac. Woke up sweaty and went to take a shower and there was hair in the tub where it drains. ALOT. On check out she seemed to be use to complaints. I would never stay at that one again. I stay at alot of Best Westerns when i travel and i still will, but never at that one in Lake City FL

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This is my first time staying at the Lake City, Florida Best Western. I normally stay either at The Country Inn & Suites or The Hampton Inn. The front desk staff were outstanding. However, I was there for 4 days and no one ever came to clean my room, take my trash or give me fresh towels. The microwave was broken and the frig was set so high, all my food froze and I essentially had to throw everything out due to spoilage after the food thawed. I was not given a copy of my final charges and it wasn't until I got home and checked my credit card statement that I discovered I had by overcharged. Breakfast consists of cereal, oatmeal/grits, and rolls/english muffins and waffles. They ran out of hot water for drinks/oatmeal/grits, rang out of tea bags, had no hot chocolate available. On the plus side, the landscaping is beautiful. They have a very nice pool and separate workout room. The hotel is centrally located to everything in Lake City. However because of the overcharge, and the fact housekeeping never came to clean my room, I'm not sure if I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo