“Amazing Customer Service”

Days Inn Lake City I-75
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Melinda was absolutely amazing! She was very courteous, friendly and did EVERYTHING possible to change my reservation to get me OUT of a smoking room! Thank you thank you thank you! The rooms were average size. The only problem we found was there was only one washing machine and dryer. We were there for a softball tournament and one washing machine means waiting a long time to use it. Otherwise it was an average hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
daysinnI75, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lake City I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank You for staying with us and we would also like to Thank You for pointing out the job that Belinda done for you, she is a very good desk clerk. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Our room was average but clean, bed comfy, only two towels given, bathroom toilet not clean, walls thin, and could see outline if lights outside as door needed to be insulated. The staff was very nice. Lots of restaurants around for dinner. Close to highway!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Please come back and se us again, we will look at the issues that you have presented and will get them taken care of.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My stay here was one of the WORST experiences I've ever had at any hotel. The only reason we did not change hotels is because our entire team was staying here. There were MANY issues with this hotel stay. I will give you the good and only a few of our bad experiences at this hotel.

The Bad

1. Room was FILTHY at check in (around 1am). It smelled like a wet dog. There was food under the edge of bed. There was pubic hair on the walls of the shower and floor in the bathroom. I had to bleach shower myself before using. The toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a year. See the attached photo of the toilet.

2. The roll away we requested was put in our room but not set up. At 1:30 am, we had to move a large desk down towards the door, a large dresser that is also used as a TV stand and then we also had to move the refrigerator that was in the room to make our roll away fit. I asked the manager, Erick, why it wasn't set up for us with furniture moved and he said they "have not set up a roll away for anyone in 10+ years". I asked "So you expect your guests to come in and move a refrigerator, a large desk and a dresser/tv stand combo in order to get a roll away to fit.... especially at 1am?" He responded with a YES. REALLY?!?!?

3. Rooms (per the maintenance man AND housekeeping) are only given 3 bath towels and 3 hand towels. We had 5 people in our room and when we asked for additional towels, it was a hassle. We had to pretty much BEG the stay for additional towels. On our second night, we again requested additional towels. We had a very rude maintenance man come to the room demanding our dirty towels and told us "you need to use less towels and they're not to be used for the pool". I asked if they had pool towels to which he responded with "No, we do not have pool towels". When asked what we were supposed to use for the pool, we were told to go by our own pool towels. at 11:30pm, I had to go down to the front desk and ask the lady for additional towels. We were given 3 more. When I brought his up to Erick, the front desk manager, he said "We've given everyone here an ample amount of extra towels." I told him that we are not discussing any other room, person or team and the problems that they've had. We are discussing the issues that I had with our stay."

4. At the end of our stay, I went and spoke to "Erick" who claimed to by the front desk manager. I've not met a more rude manager. I started to explain the problems we had during our stay and about 1 1/2 sentences in, he cut me off and said "oh, are you room 2047? I read the log book about the issues you've had. I've removed your roll away fee for all 4 days which is a total of $42.80." After going back and forth with him for nearly 10 minutes, I asked him if he felt that $43 was an amount that sufficiently made up for our issues and he said yes.

The Good

1. There is ample parking.
2. Close to a lot of restaurants and a Walmart.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay at this hotel. There are quite a few hotels in this area to chose from. This hotel is ru...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bobby-Jo W
daysinnI75, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lake City I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

I would like to again apologize for the issues that you had while staying with us and have forwarded all of this information to the General manager.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Just the basics. Definitely not much for your money. You can literally see the light around the door. Beds were damp and musky. Bathroom was very small but served its purpose . We were only stopping to sleep a few hours and get cleaned up. It is in a good location . It could use some upgrades.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Penny K
daysinnI75, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lake City I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank You for staying with us, we will look into the issues that you listed .

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Booked this room in advance while visiting family in Florida. The room was good, a little hot took some time for the AC to cool it down, but otherwise a pleasant stay. Had no problems with the motel, other than the breakfast had slim choices. The beds were okay, nothing to write home about, but served their purpose. I would stay again if was stopping through again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
daysinnI75, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lake City I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank You for the review, we hope to see you again the next time you are coming through town.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I will NEVER stay in another Days Inn located in Lake City, Florida. This one is for the Lake City off of 1-75. I had a prepaid reservation. According to my bank account the money had been taken out on April 27th. My paid stay was from May 29-June 2 . When I went to check out, I showed the clerk the prepaid receipt I printed up the day I made the reservation. This receipt clearing shows that my reservation had already been paid.At my request, she printed me a hotel receipt of my charges, which I DID NOT sign as I did not want to get recharged. I was told not to worrying about being double bills since I had already paid for my reservation in advance. I checked out a day early (June 1st), which because the reservation was prepaid, I was not credited for leaving a day early. When I returned home, I was livid when I checked my bank account and discovered DAYS INN had withdrawn another $263+ dollars. I called DAYS INN immediate. The person who had checked me out answered the phone, she assured me that my funds would be reimbursed. It has been 8 days since I checked out and 7 days since I made that call and yet I have not received a dime, so not only was I doubled billed, but also still got charged (2x) for the day I did not stay there since I had checked out a day early. In October 2013, I had this same thing happen to me at the Days Inn at 1-10, Lake City, but that time I was smart, I used a credit card. I talked to the owner at that facility who assured me I would be refunded. After not receiving a refund, I contacted my credit card company and they gave me back my money. Take my word of advice: NEVER USE YOUR DEBIT CARD OR CHECKING ACCOUNT to pay for a hotel reservation. If you have a dispute with the hotel, it's very difficult to recoup the disputed funds. Because this extra money was withdrawn from my account (even though I never signed the check out receipt), my bank had to treat this extra $263+ as a loan since I only had $.61 cents in my account. Days Inn use to be my favorite place to stay, but I WILL NEVER STAY AT ANY DAYS INN LOCATED IN LAKE CITY, FL. Also, the food was not very good. The oatmeal was ice cold. After the second day, I started eating breakfast across the street at McDonalds. I am still extremely upset over all this. I think from on now, I will probably go back to staying at the Hampton Inn or Country Inn and Suites. I never had any problems or issues when I stayed at their hotels.
P.S. - Someone from the DAYS INN on 1-75 sent me an email 5 days ago, after I filed a complaint. He said he would reimburse me one day since I checked out a day early...still have not received any funds...

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Pauline B
daysinnI75, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lake City I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

I am afraid that simply is not possible as if you had a prepaid reservation it would have to be through a third party and if thats the case the third party would have been the company that charged your card as our hotel never charges our customers in advance,
I am sorry but we do not charge customers in advance you may want to check with the 3rd party that you booked through as all prepay reservations the 3rd party charges the customers card and the hotel is then paid with a virtual credit card and we never even see the customers credit card information

Reviewed 8 June 2014