“Perfect for an overnight stay”

Americas Best Value Inn - Lake City
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Seminole, FL
“Perfect for an overnight stay”
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Stayed here overnight to break up a long road trip, and thought it was a great value. This appears to be an older motel, but has been renovated and is very clean. My room (220) was spotless, even the corners were clean. It's a very basic room with few frills, but the a/c was cold and the bed was firm and comfortable. There was a 4-cup coffee machine, which I appreciated. Bathroom was fine. No bathtub, but instead a circular-shaped shower that I liked for its simple design. Only flaw I noticed was a lightbulb missing from one of the light fixtures, but it wasn't a problem. For an extended stay, I would likely look for a hotel with more amenities, but I can definitely recommend staying here for a night or two.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank pav777
M6GMLC, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Lake City, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We appreciate your time and value your input. (That light bulb has now been changed). We look forward to seeing you again.!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 18 October 2012

My family stayed here for one night on our way to Disney. Compared to the price of other hotels it was a great deal. The room smelled clean and the bath room was clean. The only problem we had was we had to wear shoes due to the bottoms of our feet and my children's turning black from walking barefoot. Carpet needed to be cleaned.

• Stayed September 2012
M6GMLC, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Lake City, responded to this review, 20 October 2012
Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. We appreciate the input and correct what is possible. ( I do wish I knew a name/ town or the room you occupied as I have no way of knowing and checking logs to single in on the room. The carpet is new so it is not a property wide problem.) We hope to see you again!

**The carpet is new so it is not a property wide problem.
Safety Harbor, Florida, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I was in town for a dog show and just needed a place to sleep for two nights. They put me in the back which was ok as it was quiet. The room was small but clean and the bed was clean and comfortable. For the price and for a few nights this was a good choice since Manley of the hotels in the area want to charge for my dog and they did not. I would stay here again for a few nights.

Room Tip: Ask for room in back off main road.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Ronald M
M6GMLC, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Lake City, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to know you had a pleasant stay and look forward to your return.
Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

I am slightly a hotel snob. I usually will not stay at a budget hotel. I went with trip advisor and gave it a shot. What a nice experience! Everyone I met was pleasant. The room, while a little smaller than what I'm used to, was very clean. That's the most important thing to me. The bed was comfortable. The water was hot. The grounds were clean and well lit. I was very impressed with this place for the price. I would stop here again on my way through Lake City.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Micah214
Thank you! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to know you had a pleasant stay and hope to see you again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This is a great place to stay if you're just looking for a room near the Interstate for a night or so. The place obviously has been around awhile, but the rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. The exterior seems to have taken a hit or two from the Florida weather, but you didn't pick a hotel because you wanted to stay outside. I had to switch rooms at first because the light in the bathroom didn't turn on when I flipped the switch, and the second room's door handle was difficult to get used to. (You really had to lay into it to get it to turn!) But once we established who was boss, it gave me no more trouble. Pool looked OK, even though I didn't have a chance to use it. This place even has a laundry room for guests. All in all, a good value for just a few of your dollars.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Ron L
M6GMLC, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Lake City, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We look forward to seeing you again!
STUART
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We took a motorcycle ride up to Olustee battlefield park for the weekend and stayed at this Americas Best Value Inn for one night. The hotel was clean and comfortable, it was quiet, the staff was friendly and helpful and the pool was nice. It was a great value and a nice place to stay for the night. There are several restaurants within walking distance. We will stay here again next time we come back to the area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JOHN C
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We value your opinion and look forward to seeing you again!
Spartanburg, SC
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This is an older motel but the rooms have been refurbished and are clean and beds are comfortable. Not tremendously spacious but a good value at half the price of other area accommodations. Downside slight odor in the room we failed to identify and soon ceased to notice, some traffic noise which we drowned out with the air conditioner fan and traffic thinned after eleven. Far enough off I-75 not to be bothered by the noise from the highway. A number of restaurants within a few blocks, also a mall and Wal-mart. Staff was friendly and overall a place we would stay again when passing through the area.

Room Tip: No restaurant on site but Waffle House, Burger King, Wendys, Sonnys BBQ, and several more within blo...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
M6GMLC, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Lake City, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to leave us a review. We value your input and hope to see you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake City
Baymont Inn & Suites Lake City
Quality Inn of Lake City
Quality Inn of Lake City
#10 of 24 in Lake City

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Lake City? Share your experiences!