“OMG GUH ROSS”

Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“OMG GUH ROSS”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We were Greeted by 2 1/2 cockroaches living in the bathroom which had a door that was obviously kicked in. No remote control accompanied by no tv channel buttons! One station! LOL Dining room set was held together by paper clips and gum "if ya catch my drift"! Toilet worked great after i i had to stick my hand in the tank to reconnect the latch. Lights in room work optionally and carpet 2 toned if ya catch my drift! Lol Thank god for liquor which numbed the experience of being tired and needing a place to lay our heads. Good luck to fellow tenants!

Room Tip: save yourself and dont stay here without your handy can of raid!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bridget L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Naples
Reviewed 29 September 2012

This hotel is sadly in need of repairs and major facelift. Bathroom area was scuzzy, the shower area was falling apart, wall paper was coming off walls.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Susan H
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We choose this hotel because it was pet friendly. Being part of the wyndham family we figured it was a decent place to stay. WOW were we wrong. When we first got there the first room they gave us was well over 100 degrees. They said they do not keep the AC going in the room. It was cooler outsite! After an hour of the AC not cooling the room down no cold water, and my boyfriend having to carry a fridge to our room, we had to change rooms (yea, he carried the fridge. There are NOT fridge's in every room as they advertise.) Our second room was so slanted I felt like I was sleeping on a hill. The stairs were falling off the dang building to get to the second floor. The entire room was in the worst condition I have ever seen a hotel room that I do not even think it is legal for them to be in service still. The bath tub never fully emptied because it was such a bad slant. Oh and when you took a shower, it sounded as if the whole room was going to cave in. Do not stay here. This place is out of control. This was by far my worst hotel experience every and I will never stay in another travel lodge ever again, let alone a hotel belonging to Wyndham.

Room Tip: Read the reviews, I wish I had before I went here
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lerin S
Lake City, Florida
Reviewed 18 September 2011

The room was very dirty and smelled. I asked to switched to a different room and had the same problems. The hotel staff were not friendly.

Room Tip: There are not good rooms.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank MsLeticiaC
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 5 December 2010

It was just off the highway and the room we had faced the highway. I asked the desk clerk if people staying in these rooms ever complained of any road noise. She said no but I never heard so many trucks in all my travels. I wouldn't recommend this place even for the price.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LanJacMur
atlanta
Reviewed 2 August 2008

the rooms were in an ok state, the staff was helpful and check in was fast. and i loved the free in room safes :)

• Liked — nice rooms
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank johnsilcox