“Your run-of-the-mill motel”

Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Waterman, Illinois
“Your run-of-the-mill motel”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Easy access off the interstate, front desk clerk was nice, check in was fast. Not too many places to eat nearby. Room was older, but everything worked. Great water pressure in the shower! Door opens to the parking lot which made me a little nervous. Quiet place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed here for 3 weeks with my husband who was working in the area. This is the worst hotel ever. I asked for a handicapped room, but was informed that I could not have one because they don't rent those for more than 2 days at a time, once I was told that they were $25 extra a night. The tubs in the rooms are for show and tell only. They are definitely not for use. If you weigh more than 120lbs, u can forget using the tub. The hairdryer is for show and tell, too, u cant use it. As soon as u turn it on the breaker pops. They don't even have irons in the room!! The ac stinks like stale stanky air!!! Breakfast, consists of a piece of raisin bread!!! They don't even have a toaster. We can to the hotel one day from shopping and it was about 25 local kids in the pool!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Lake City hotels

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This place was clean and comfortable. It was very basic. It had some toiletries but not all you might hope for. There was no bottled water in the room so my husband went to the front desk, but they had no bottled water anywhere on the premises. He had to drive to get some. We stayed in the detached one-level back portion. It was quiet, and we slept well. The complimentary breakfast was probably the most meager I have ever seen. No source of protein at all except for milk. This was just an overnight stopover on our way to the beach, and it was fine for that purpose. I would stay there again even though, honestly, I thought it was a little overpriced.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We only needed a room for a few hours just to rest a little before our very early start the next morning. We had four rooms and they were clean and felt very safe.
We got a terrific deal online for $55 a night and it more than met our expectations.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Northport, Alabama
Reviewed 12 April 2014

While we were at breakfast, my purse went missing from our room. We were able to watch the video of the camera outside our room and it only showed the housekeeper going in and out before we returned. Thankful to have been safe from the rain that caused us to stop there; but, the feeling of being violated by having something stolen, especially something so personal, will be unforgettable.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family