The Ann Stevens House
Ranked #1 of 2 Lake Helen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Amazing place ! Amazing hosts ! Myself and 9 other girls came for a mini get away, we enjoyed every minute !!! The Ann Stevens House is such a lovely place, the grounds are beautiful, such a hidden gem ! We haven't even been back to our normal lives a week yet and we already miss our hosts, their guests and of course the surroundings !

Room Tip: Main house rooms are victorian and very homely, some rooms have showers & some have claw foot tu...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I'm joining the chorus of grateful guests that have found their way to The Ann Steven's House.
Everything you could possibly want from a luxury B&B with considerate, affordable rates and hosts that are dedicated to providing their guests a wonderful stay.
Beautifully decorated, spacious rooms, exceptionally clean and lovely breakfasts, with no detail left to chance.
I spent three days on a personal retreat and it was everything I was hoping for and more. Interesting conversation combined with respect for the quiet I was seeking and even a ride whenever I needed one (I had no car during my stay).
Thank you Shane and Emily for such a wonderful offering and making me feel so welcome and cared for... I highly recommend any reader to treat yourself to a stay here and I look forward to many returns with family and friends.

Room Tip: Each room is unique and Shane patiently helped me sort out my needs and find the right one.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shelley M
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We decided to have a Mommies/ladies get-a-way weekend & The Ann Stevens House is a lovely B&B. You really couldn't ask for better Host. Shane & Emily were extremely friendly and made our entire group (there were 6 of us) feel right at home. The grounds are quaint and within blocks of The Cassadaga Hotel. We usually book with The Cassadaga Hotel (which is really not ideal) but is was full.
Then we remembered stumbling across this lovely gem called, The Ann Stevens House, on a walk once & boy are we glad we called & stayed here instead. Anytime we take a weekend trip to Cassadaga or near by Deland, this will be our choice to stay from now on.
The Main house has a more Victorian theme throughout, each room inspired by their children. We stayed in Lilac &Lace, Peaches & Cream, & Roses. All were quaint, charming, open & clean.
The Carriage House in the back, has that Old Florida Charm with its Southern Porch, Metal roof, & Oak trees with hanging Moss. Inside, the rooms are bigger, modern, warm, & man did we want to jump on those beds & swim in those tubs. Oh did I mention it had a BAR?!
Then Breakfast was yummy & unique with a stuffed French Toast with Pineapple & cream Cheese & Sausage patties on the side. Then Miss Emily was so very sweet with all her help & her great stories & Shane's historical knowledge about the house was better than any tour you could ask for. We all left saying we would be back. Until then, I wish them many happy visitors!

Room Tip: Lilac & Lace has it's own balcony porch. The Floridian will be my next choice stay for a cou...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We love this place, it’s a hidden jewel. The Ann Steven's House is a beautifully restored and supremely comfortable place. We arrived there with our two boys (12 and 15), coming from a long trip from Atlanta and immediately Shane gave us a tour and accommodated us in two beautiful rooms and made us feel so welcome. It’s such a peaceful place. Breakfast was beautifuly served. The tavern, located in the house (carriage), is wonderful; we had a great time there!...It was so pleasant that we skipped the tour we were supposed to do at Cassadaga and stayed ‘till late at the Tavern. Shane and family are truly dear; you can't help but love them. We didn’t want to leave, but we will be back soon for sure. It's a great place to get away and enjoy yourself. I give the Ann Steven's House my highest recommendation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Everything about our stay could not have been more perfect. I can't wait to go back again enjoy a trip back in time. Our hosts were so very thoughtful we will definitely go again and this time visit the pub. I hope to hear some of the great music we were told about. We are still over the moon with the great readings it's a lovely place to return to after a long day and relax. Such
magnificent beauty. The breakfast was great really yummy I mean really yummy!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband and I spent a wonderful evening in The Ann Stevens House on the 4th of July. The owners of this B & B were very warm and welcoming and provided for all of our needs while we stayed in their luxury accommodations in the Dulcinea room of the Carriage house. The room was spacious and luxurious with whisper quiet air conditioning, a very soothing over-sized jacuzzi tub, and an inviting King-sized bed with hand ironed linens and quilts. Shane and Emily are great hosts and provided us with lots of useful information about the history and local talent in the surrounding community. They were also incredibly accommodating to our needs and went above and beyond to make our stay special. Breakfast was delicious...Shane is a great cook!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The best bed and breakfast anywhere. We will be back again,again.the owners were great. There was a movie filmed there. The grounds were beautiful. The food was excellent and there a bar downstairs in the carriage house.

Room Tip: All there rooms are pretty,
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn DeBary/Deltona
No photo provided
The Deland Hotel
#1 of 3 in DeLand

Been to The Ann Stevens House? Share your experiences!