“Wonderful hotel”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Wonderful hotel”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The staff was super friendly, helpful and quick as I checked in. The rooms are clean, with a large flat screen, nice couch and lounge area. A fridge and desk area completes the living room. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was clean with a glass shower door. Not much to look at out the windows but a very nice hotel if you need to stay in the area. Free parking and a complimentary breakfast round out the hotel amenities.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
It’s great to hear that you had such a pleasant stay with us! Getting a good night’s sleep is important when you’re traveling, and we’re happy that our Hyatt Grand Beds provided you with quality rest and relaxation. Thank you for letting us know about your stay at the Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North. Come visit us again the next time you’re in the area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Found this hotel through Amtrak.com; wish I had taken reviews to heart because we found the reviews about bed, bathroom, and noise realistic. The bed was super soft which left both of us with stiff backs. The shower did leave water on the floor which was a big nuisance since the floor was never dry while we occupied room. The shower room with toilet was extremely small. The noise from flushing toilets throughout the night woke me up several times. The breakfast offerings were good but staff couldn't keep the hot dishes available due to number of people wanting breakfast. Coffee - the best thing about the stay; they serve Torrefazione which is hard to find since Starbucks acquired it. The good - staff extremely helpful; Shannon F. in particular.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Your feedback on your recent stay is truly appreciated. We’re glad that our staff was kind and accommodating during your time with us, and we’re always willing to do anything we can to improve your stay. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us for anything on a future visit. We apologize that that your guest room did not meet your expectations and we will inform our maintenance staff of the issues you’ve mentioned. It would be a pleasure to serve you again.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I recommend this Hyatt! Breakfast included, with great rooms and great rates.,Very nice! Comfortable bed,I would go back when I am in the area Good value and very clean!********************************

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your recommendation of the Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North! We’re happy that our accommodations exceeded your expectations, and at a value too. We can’t wait to have you back.
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed here for five nights, so I kind of got to know the place reasonably well. First, let me say that this was the best value for money hotel stay I have ever had. We booked on Priceline and got an incredible deal. I wasn't expecting much for the price I paid, so was very pleasantly surprised.

The room itself was very large - certainly enough room for 5 days (though we really only used it to sleep in). If we had wanted to, we could even have entertained in it - there was a large sectional, a small fridge and a huge (HUGE) television. Not many hotel rooms like that! The bathroom was so-so. Pretty small in comparison with the rest of the room. No bathtub (okay for me, but my husband only takes baths unless forced into a shower), and a different sort of shower. It doesn't completely close - the door runs about 3/4 of the way to the other wall. I understand this is style, but in my mind style doesn't trump function, and I found that water sprayed a bit out of the shower, getting onto the very small bathroom floor. The bathroom itself contained a toilet and shower, and the sink was on the outside in a sort of vanity.

The bed itself was reasonably comfortable, but I didn't sleep too well - for a few reasons. First, the air conditioner is extremely loud - something like putting your ear right up to a stereo playing static on high. It came on throughout the night and woke me up a few times each night. And the pillows. Now, for the deal I got, I would not expect a hotel to provide a variety of pillows (though some hotels do, and I imagine it can't be too expensive to do so). They were very fluffy and provided basically zero neck support. After thrashing around one night, I called down to ask the front desk if I could somehow get a more solid pillow, but they didn't have anything else. I understand that. So I rolled up one pillow as tight as I could get it and set my neck on it. It wasn't comfortable, but at least I could sleep. My husband used a rolled up blanket, as the pillows were too soft for him as well.

One other thing - though not something I would expect them to be able to fix - on our Saturday night stay-over, the hallways were very loud, with lots of slamming doors. The staff can't control the customers, of course, but it would be nice if there was a bit more insulation against sound (or some way to soften the slam of the door). Thank goodness I packed earplugs!

The rest of the stay was entirely positive. Everyone we encountered at the hotel was professional and friendly. The breakfast was just awesome - something for everyone and very satisfying. The hotel itself was upscale looking. We will be coming back to the Sanford area at least every other year, so will definitely stay again if we can get a decent deal.

Thanks for the great stay!

1 Thank cacahuatl
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
The Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North aims to provide you with a home away from home and it sounds like we accomplished this with you. Thank you for providing us with such detailed feedback. As breakfast is the most important meal of the day, our complimentary Kitchen Skillet breakfast provides a large variety of hot items in order to satisfy all palates. We do apologize that you did not sleep as peacefully as you should have and we will share your comments with our maintenance staff in order to make improvements. It would be lovely to see you again the next time you’re in our area!
Calabasas
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Great
stay! Very nice! Comfortable bed.
And a very nice staff. I recommend this Hyatt!
Breakfast included. We missed the happy hour .. Sad
Perfect location for our needs
I would go back when I am in the area
Good value and very clean!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for your recommendation of the Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North! Our complimentary hot breakfast is a great way to start your day and we’re glad that you enjoyed it. It’s great that our prime location in Lake Mary added to your stay. We would love to have you back again soon!
Kingston, Georgia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is a lovely location with great rooms and great rates. The breakfasts are awesome but when they say it is over at 10am they mean that!Our room was spacious, small fridge, one-sup coffee maker, safe, couch, etc. Beds were comfortable and it was very clean. No coffee in the lobby unless you buy it. No on-sire restaurant so you have to drive or walk to the areas near by. There are several places within a 1/4-1/2 mile walk. Shuttle service is also available within a short radius. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
We’re pleased to discover that our spacious accommodations, equipped with modern amenities, kept you comfortable on your stay. While we do not have a formal restaurant, our Gallery, Bakery Cafe, and Grab n’ Go provide plenty of meal options. Our complimentary shuttle is a great way to explore Northern Orlando and Lake Mary, where there are many great dining establishments to try! Your review of the Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North is greatly appreciated and we hope that you’ll visit us again soon.
Apopka, Florida
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Only spent a night here but after looking around the hotel options closer to where we needed to be, decided it was worth the extra drive to come here and we're glad we did. Rooms are good size and having the seperate area with the couch and desk is great to unwind after a long day without feeling like you're stuck in an typical hotel room. I really like the layout.

Rooms were clean, typical included breakfast was good, if I was in the area again I'd stay here without a doubt.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
We’re thrilled that the Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North made you feel at home! It’s great that our spacious accommodations went above your expectations and provided you with an evening of rest and relaxation. Thank you for sharing your experience with us; we hope that you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again in the near future!