“Amazing Experience!”

Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Reviewed 4 October 2011

From the moment we checked in, we were made to feel special. The front desk took care of our every need with a super positive and professional attitude.

The rooms were modern and clean; beautifully appointed and decorated. There was a full kitchen which had serveware in the cabinets.

The first-rate breakfast was included as were the shuttles to the Sandford Airport. The driver met our plane. What service!

We will be sure to stay there again when we fly out of Sanford Airport.

Jim and Adela Bradlee

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 23 September 2011

I wrote a review of this Residence earlier this year. I found myself in the Lake Mary/Sanford area again and am staying here a second time. There are only positive things to say about this hotel; it is fantastic. Everything, from the super clean, roomy rooms to the beautiful buffet breakfast is perfect. The front desk staff is so accommodating and nice - I appreciate that. The wireless Internet is very fast - no problems at all.

The location of this hotel is very good. It's a 5 - 10 minute drive to a big shopping area (with a mall, Super-Target, Michaels, and a bunch of other specialty stores). And, there are restaurants all over. It's 1 minute to the Interstate to take you to Orlando, and about a 30 minute drive to Mt. Dora. There is also a Walgreens and Publix (grocery) within walking distance. Orlando is about 30 or so minutes away; it is not that close to Orlando if you plan on going to Disney every day. But, it's not far either, and the rates are better here than in Orlando near Disney.

When my travels bring me to this area again, I will definitely stay here a third time! I love it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time share your comments and for your repeat business! Come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

A relatively new facility, just off I-4.

I found it to be quite clean, roomy, and quiet (the AC was audible, but wasn't noisy), with a kitchen if you want to take an extended stay (you'd have to drive to a food market). Very large and very comfortable bed, large screen digital TV, with a good choice of channels. They have free wi-fi, and there is a small workdesk. It's not really a suite – more of an efficiency.

I did a slight downgrade on service because of having to wait for a check in person to show up at the front desk and her confusion when I asked for a shuttle from the airport. The checkout person was both efficient and attentive. I think the check-in girl must have been new, and must have been taking a break when I checked in.

Free breakfast, but heavy on carbs (scr eggs, waffle, cereal, fruit, oj, coffee, etc., and a thin-sliced gray mystery meat they call Canadian turkey bacon).

Several restaurants/shops and a coffee/patisserie (very good coffee) are within walking distance. Front desk will give you a card for complimentary drink at the nearby [strolling distance] Fishbones (an upscale – and a bit pricey, but superb – restaurant). Also nearby is a southwest cuisine place called Moe's offers cheap Mexican/SouthWestern stuff at an inflated price – well, the price isn't so inflated, but the portions are Lilliputian. There's also an Appleby's. An adjacent (literally next door) full service Marriott has a nice bar and restaurant. Except for breakfast, and some evening stuff I didn't see, only vending stuff is available in the Residence Inn (and, of course, no room service).

They do allow pets, so there's a potential for allergy problems – I'm allergic to cats but had no problem.

The hallways had a rather strong floral fragrance, that fortunately did not intrude into my room.

Free ample parking. There is a fitness center, but I wasn't there long enough to use it.

The hotels (the two Marriotts) have a shuttle to and from the Sanford-Orlando airport, about 5-6 miles to the East.

This is NOT a good location for visiting Disney, Universal, and the other major attractions. I-4 is congested in Orlando during morning and evening rush hours, and in normal travel the major attractions are nearly an hour away (35-40 miles to Disney – don't expect to hold highway speed except midday and late evening).

You can't beat the value at this Residence Inn. I'll definitely stay there next time I go to Lake Mary.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank MRoss849
Generalmanager825, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy you enjoyed our property and thank you for sharing some great tips regarding our location and surroundings. We do offer breakfast 7 days a week as well as Social Hour Mon - Thu. In addition, we do offer room service that is provided from the full service Marriott next door. If you are in need of groceries during your stay we also offer same day shopping service and will deliver the items to your room. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 31 August 2011

My family stayed at this property for a week using Mariott Rewards. This was my best ResInn experience to date! ResInns are one of my favorites since their suites accommodate families very well. Suite layout is the usual: kitchenette (2-burner cooktop, microwave, full-size frig), living area with pullout couch, bedroom(s), and bath. Our housekeeper, Denice, kept our room immaculate! She also added little touches like towels in decorative shapes and extra sheets for the portable crib. We really appreciated these after long days of fun in Orlando. I also must commend all of the young ladies at the front desk. They went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. This property is near lots of great restaurants, a Publix grocery store, and even a movie theater within a short walk. There is easy access to I-4 and a AAA office is within a short drive for park tickets, maps, etc. Try this hotel if you like a 5 star experience and don't mind staying north of Orlando.

• Stayed: August 2011
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and that the staff took excellent care of you. I will be sure to share your comments regarding your Housekeeper and the Front Desk with the staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2011

The Residence Inn Lake Mary was a fantastic hotel that we highly recommend to all. The lobby was simple, yet elegant and modern, and the rooms followed this same trend. We stayed in a studio suite and it was large and spacious. The furnishings were very nice and up-to-date and clean. I believe the hotel itself is fairly new, possibly built in 2009. The rooms had all of the amenities that we wished for. We had a very restful stay.

The only complaints we had were that upon check-in we were greeted by a very rude employee. Also, the shower in our room was horrible! It was squeaky clean, but the shower head was very low end and the pressure was low on top of it. For this reason, it took a long time to rinse out shampoo/conditioner, let alone get our hair wet.

The service in the morning was pleasant and breakfast was delicious. The pool was gorgeous and pristine, too. I highly recommend staying here, but do not expect it to be as perfect as some reviews make it sound. The only reason we may not be returning here in the future is that it isn’t close to much of anything. It’s far from Disney and Sea World and Universal. Not too far from them, but there are several other hotels much closer to those attractions we’d rather stay at. ;)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Germophobic
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We just celebrated our 2 year anniversary on August 3, 2011!

We are aware of the shower head issue. This is caused mainly by water flow restrictions and the pressure of the water we receive to the building.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to the Orlando area.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

Residence Inn's seem to always be impressive in their beauty and cleanliness in my travels. This is no different, it is a very new, very clean beautiful hotel. The rooms are I thought a bit smaller than a couple other Residence Inn's I have stayed at. The pool was always clean, the hot tub always hot. There's a beautiful basketball court, free internet and free parking, small gym. Breakfast is ok, at least there are some hot items, so you can have a complete full breakfast here. I would not brag about the cooking though- mushy undercooked scrambled eggs, but at least there were plenty of choices. It is also a relief that the hotel is about 20-30 mins from the busy crazy Orlando area.
During our 5 night stay we walked 5 mins to some great restaurants and also listened to live outdoor musicians. Such a convenient location.
I do have one complaint though - the public restrooms in the hotel have the toilet paper holders plastered on the wall so low you actually have to get down on the floor to get to it. I can't imagine what a problem this would be for an older guest in a handicapped bathroom stall. Really needs to be corrected before someone gets hurt.

Room Tip: I think the studios may give the feeling of more space than the one bedrooms. Go for the studio.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy some of the many fine restaurants and entertainment we have within walking distance of the hotel.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2011

No wonder this Hotel has only great review. It is amazing. The rooms are spacious, immaculate, and vey quite. Housekeeping did a great job keeping the rooms and public areas spotless.
The Hotel is very centrally locate with many of great eateries (Fishbones and Amuras) bars and lounges and even a movie theater in walking distance This is a great place not just for business travelers, but couples and families alike. When making the reservation my girlfriend and I where a bit concerned about the highway being so close, but even approaching the hotel you had no idea it was there, so just another bonus for the hotel.
All interactions I had with the employees seemed sincere. Everyone really enjoyed their job, everyone was engaging looking to create personal interactions and treat you as an individual. Everyone made us feel welcome and appreciated. The Hotel offers shopping service from the local super market, which we didn't try (only stayed for four days). The Hotel offers different 'social' activities, like Milk & Cookies, General Managers Toast, Soup and Salad night... and more. One thing that I didn't like that much was the water pressure in the shower it was a bit low. But to recap:

This place is a must try for anyone that spends more than one night in the Central Florida Area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JDGraham
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time you share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy we were able to make your trip to the Orlando area and enjoyable one. Please be sure to come see us again when you are in Orlando!