“Awesome Hotel”

Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The lobby and staff were great. The room was great and up to date. The restaurant provided a great meal both at breakfast and dinner. The restaurant staff were very attentive and were in constant motion. The lobby area was relaxing with a waterfall. The Wi-Fi was robust. The shower head seemed clogged and the water dripped in the tub. I am sure this was specific to my room and the rest of my room was top notch. Stainless appliances, tile and furnishings added to the décor. There is an abundance of restaurants within a 5 minute walk.The only complaint was the garbage pickup of the dumpster is at 5:30 A.M. It was better than an alarm clock for a early start on the day. Other than that, the rooms were quiet. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

We had stayed at the Residence for about 2.5 weeks. I found the facilities to be well cared for. The room we had was a two bedroom and worth the money for the extra space. The location is very good also since its next to a full service Marriott and next to a small town center. However, i found the food amenities to be scarce and very repetitive compared to at least my experiences with the major chains. I also found the food attendants to be less than friendly. Not to mention names but we asked Harold for some shredded cheese for the hot dogs for dinner. He said they did not have any and cant give out something not authorized for dinner. However, not less than ten minutes later a cute six year olders mommy came by and asked for butter and sour cream for the princess and he jumped into the kitchen to get it( I guess that was authorized). I also found the front desk folks appear to not to be able to verify a "connecting room or a not a connecting room". Not sure why in the year 2013 they cant use a computer to verify this. Overall, a clean and safe place. Service could use some help.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool and the BB court...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments.

Please accept my apologies regarding your experience in the evening. We strive to accomodate all guest requests, even for items that are not on the menu and I will be addressing your specific concerns with the associate mentioned.

I apologize if there was some confusion regarding connecting rooms. This property does not have rooms that connect and I will be sure to review this with the Front Desk staff.

Thank you.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights while attending a training class nearby. Nice room (King bed studio suite) that was decorated very nicely and very clean. Only complaint about room was that the refrigerator was very noisy (yes - hard to believe but true. It must have been out of balance.). Breakfast selection was very good (loved the yogurt parfaits). Evening manager reception was okay (first night was hot dogs and second was brats)- I've honestly had better food at other hotels. When I asked about nearby restaurants and map, the front desk provided me with a list of restaurants with phone numbers and hours on the back of a map that didn't show the hotel or roads I recognized near the hotel -- which was a bit disappointing.

Room Tip: Room 604 had very noisy refrigerator. Hotel does allow pets. I heard a dog barking shortly after c...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments regarding your stay.

I have asked the Engineering staff to check the refrigerator for noise in the room you occupied. Please accept my apologies for the issue you encountered regarding the map of restaurants. Our current map contains the names and addresses of the locations we recommend, with a letter on the map indicating their location. We will certainly look at revisions to make the map clearer in the future.

Our Social functions feature rotational items and typically we do not serve like items, such as hot dogs and brats, on consecutive nights. However, occasionally due to delivery issues, we do make adjustments to the menu. We will keep this in mind for future menu changes.

Thank you!

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Fantastic staff, especially the gentleman in the kitchen who looked out for us during our meals. Very modern and clean rooms. Both their breakfast and happy hour selections were good. This is where I always stay while in Lake Mary

• Stayed: September 2013
Generalmanager825, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and that the staff took excellent care of you especially our cook during Social Hour . I am happy to hear you enjoyed your suite during your stay. I will be sure to share your comments to our team and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed 5 nights for work and the hotel was great. Clean in the main areas and the room was also quite nice. Having both breakfast and dinner for free is exceptional and the older gentleman that ran both was one of the nicest people I have met. No question, this is where I will stay everyvtime I'm in Lake Mary from now on.

Room Tip: I always try to get a top floor room so no one is walking above me. 6 floors at this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Generalmanager825, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

I am pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay and the staff took excellent care of you. I am glad you attended and enjoyed our breakfast and our social hour experience. I will be sure to share your comments to our team especially to the team member you mentioned and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed here as my sister lives withtin a 10 minute drive. the hotel and staff are superb. it was so handy being so close to some really great restaurants for breakfast. as well I was able to walk out and grab a coffee. I will definitely return to this hotel as it is clean modern and perfect for my needs.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank marciag21
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments. We are pleased you enjoyed our facilities and location and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stay here regularly for a business meeting. Our room is always clean and comfortable. We love the water wall in the lobby. Their is a great variety of breakfast items. There is something for everyone. The staff is always helpful and Emily is always accommodating. It is close to restaurants, pharmacy and grocery stores. It's nice to have the stove in case we want to fix a dinner for our business partners instead of always eating out. We love staying here.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Generalmanager825, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn Lake Mary and happy to hear you enjoyed the full kitchen, comfortable bed to sleep and the friendly staff. We hope to see you again soon when you visit the area!