“Close to everything”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Pembroke, New Hampshire
“Close to everything”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We just stayed a long weekend there. Very good service, helpful staff in advising us as to where to go eat nearby. Great location, walking distance to a variety of restaurants.

Pool was warm and a very hot and clean hot tub . We had a studio room which was a bit smaller than I expected, but very practical with a good kitchen.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you home again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Very friendly and nice staff, always smiling and willing to answer questions. Iolanda in housekeeping was especially great and also a young lady at the front desk.

Overall nice and seemingly new decor.

Clean rooms.

Stayed twice for two nights (total four nights) in February 2014, would definitely stay there again :)

Business and pleasur trip.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Generalmanager825, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for responding to our survey! We appreciate your kind words and we will recognize our team members! Thank you again!
Nottingham, UK
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed here for a week, and we loved it. We had just come from the Hotel Beaux Arts in Miami, which was all modern luxury, but I have to be honest and say that overall, I liked it better here. We had a one bedroomed suite, and were able to completely chill out. It actually felt like home.
The staff were friendly and we felt very welcome throughout our stay. As other reviewers have said the hotel was very clean. Breakfast was good, and they had a reception each weekday evening with a light meal, and beers/wine, which was very popular, and had a lovely atmosphere.
We did manage to swim one day (the weather was unseasonably cold (and wet) for most of our stay) and the pool was great. The perfect temperature. The hot tub was actually hot!

Lake Mary is a lovely area. We decided to stay up here to see a different side to Orlando, having been several times and stayed in the Disney area. We weren't disappointed at all. The hotel is in an area that is still being built, and so I imagine it will be even better in the future. Not far away, there were several restaurants and a cinema. It would be easy to walk over, but unfortunately for us, the weather wasn't good while we were there, and so we drove everywhere. There was also a large Publix close by.
We had time to have a really good drive around the larger Orlando area, and were very impressed. There is definitely more to the place than the theme parks.(The only glitch being the I4 which was busy, night and day. I can only imagine it gets worse in peak season.)
I can't say enough good things about this place. It was a lovely stay, and I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. We are pleased you enjoyed our hotel and the surrounding area. We hope to welcome you home again soon and hopefully the weather will be better!
FERNANDINA BEACH
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed here for the Central Florida Highland Games at Winter Springs. Location is convenient, with ready access to a greenway close to the site. Hotel facilities were superior. Our room had the normal items, plus a well laid-out kitchen with a medium size fridge and cooking facilities. The room was spacious with desk, coffee table, four-person dining table, convertible sofa and easy chair.

Check in and check out were a breeze. Only glitch was with our reservations; I thought I requested two rooms, but the hotel showed only one made. We had to make a second reservation for the folks travelling from Tennessee, at a slightly higher rate than initially arranged.

Breakfast was good, hot and plentiful with the usual cold cereal, coffee and juices, plus Belgian waffles [You make 'em], scrambled eggs, link sausage, patty sausage and pancakes, plus various breads. Nice!

Several good restaurants close aboard.

We'll e back!

Room Tip: Any will do
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you home again soon!
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Would have given this hotel 5 stars except for the bed.
I stayed in a wonderful 2 bedroom suite that had every amenity.
Everything was spotless and cleaned to perfection.(and I'm very fussy)
The staff is friendly and accommadating.
However, the springs in the mattress were shot and the mattress really sagged in the middle.
I only stayed one night or I would have asked for a replacement.
Other than the above, this hotel is complete perfection.
An almost perfect stay.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Check the mattress first in room 306
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. I have notified our Maintenance team of the issue you encountered with the bed and we will certainly investigate and resolve this issue. We look forward to welcoming you home again soon!
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I have written other reviews about this hotel, and they still stand. There is nothing not to love about it.

I stayed here again for a quick overnight and used my Marriott points. The front desk guy was very nice, and the staff working the breakfast area were also very nice and efficient. The buffet breakfast is fantastic.

I love that here you can plug in electric cars. I also like how they encourage you to reuse your towels. I'm all about an environmentally-friendly hotels. I would like to encourage them to put recycling bins in the rooms. I travel a lot, and it is rare that hotels have bins to recycle. It is the ultimate if you are going to consider yourself an "environmentally-friendly" hotel.

Great place. Stay here! Obviously, I love it!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your loyalty, we are pleased you enjoy staying with us.
We do operate a limited recycling program for paper and plastics in the back of house areas. We are currently researching methods and procedures to expand this to guest rooms. In addition we participate with Clean the World, an Orlando based charity that cleans and recycles unused soap for distribution to those who do not have access to sanitary supplies.
Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you home again soon!
Standish, Maine
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I chose this hotel because of the great reviews and fabulous rate I got. I was here for family related issues, though, we did visit Downtown Disney and Blizzard Beach during our short stay. First let me say, I would have given the Residence Inn at Lake Mary a 5 - however, I gave it a 4 because of the following reasons: I was not recognized as an Elite Gold Member. I did not get any special benefits because of the "special discounted" rate I had. I stay at Marriott's exclusively and it is nice to feel rewarded because of my Marriott Rewards status. I asked for an upgraded room - which there were some available. This is a reward as part of my Gold Status. But, because my rate was discounted - they did not honor my request. I find this is not the case at other Marriott's I stay at.

Now about the hotel. It is about 30 minutes from MCO and Downtown Disney. It is best to avoid peak travel times - or your trip to MCO or Downtown Disney could be 40-50 minutes. I only stayed 2 nights, so if I was on a family trip of an extended time period, the travel to Disney World would be too much. And, I would chose some place closer to Disney.

This hotel is very nice. Well kept. The room we had was spotless - though they were very scant on towels in the room. I asked for extra towels and an extra blanket at the front desk without problems. Monday - Friday (I think) they offer free evening food and beverages. Breakfast was also free and was above average.

A front desk member - I think her name is Emily - was extremely nice and friendly. She is an asset to your business. Also, the 2 people taking care of the food - an older gentleman and a woman - was very nice and attentive.

The pool area is very nice too. Outside the lobby there is a fabulous sitting area. Complete with tables, a grill, and fire pit. I brought my computer outside and worked and enjoyed the nice evening weather. The only complaint I have about this area, is people are allowed to smoke there. When this occurred I had to move to avoid the odor.

Would I stay again - most certainly if the situation warrants a visit to the Lake Mary area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mainelydmj
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay. We are pleased the staff made your stay enjoyable.