“OPA!”

Greek Village
Ranked #3 of 145 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Northern New Jersey
“OPA!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Good souvlaki, 2 marinated skewers and 2 sides $10.50. I had the classical Gyro. Ehh, I've had better at Santorini in Deland. Ditto for the lemon potatoes. One exception was the Avgolemono chicken, rice, with lemon soup. It was excellent! Greek Village serves the classic Greek cuisine you are familiar with like Moussaka, Pastichio, and Spanikopita. All are about in the $10-$15 range. Disappointed in the baklava because it lacked more walnuts and did not seem too fresh; but the kourabiedes were probably the best Ive ever eaten. We ordered 3 to take home at $1.25 each. They were probably fresh preserved by being smothered in a heaping amount of confectioner's powdered sugar.
The decor reminded me of a pizza parlor with some pictures of the classical whitest of whites domed buildings clinging to the cliffs contrasted with the lapis blue of the sea.
I wouldn't hurry to get back
here. I really can't see why this got rated #1 in Lake Mary on TripAdvisor. I did enjoy the Greek background music. Service was average and pleasant. Try the Saganaki which comes flambe'd to the table. Then you"ll know why this review is entitled, "Opa!"

Winnipeg, Mb
“Authentic Greek food”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We had an excellent experience here. The servers were exceptional and took a team approach to serving customers. The food was delicious, reasonably priced and they didn't gouge you with their wine prices. Highly recommended.

Columbus, Ohio
“What a welcoming place!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

First of all, the staff is great. They are so friendly and helpful, which is exactly why one goes to small family restaurants. I was not disappointed. Although my server said LAMB, when I asked what people come there for, I ordered calamari and a salad. She assured me that I would enjoy it. They hand season and batter their calamari and it showed by being flavorful and tender. They serve it with Tzatziki, which I found an odd but delicious choice.

In addition, I ordered a small Greek salad that overflowed the bowl. It was good, although the dressing seemed a bit more Italian than Greek. I am probably used to dressing from a different region of the country. All in all it was fresh and good.

My ultimate test? Yes, I would return to the Greek Village. Parking and food was plentiful. It was easy to find in the strip center across from my hotel.

Orlando, Florida
“Consistently Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I i've been going here since they have opened this family run restaurant. My favorite place to eat in Lake Mary. Consistently excellent authentic Greek cuisine, service and value. You can tell this family puts there heart and soul into the restaurant. Whether you're a regular or first time visitor you're always greeted with a great smile and great customer service. Thank you!

Visited February 2014
Skillman, New Jersey
“Just like Mom used to make”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This place is homey, the food is great, and the servers treat you like family without being obtrusive. We had big smiles on our faces when we left. My friend, who lives 2.5 hours from here, said she would drive up again just for the food (The food was VERY good, but I'm pretty sure she was kidding.)

• Visited February 2014