“Best Greek food in the area - by far!”
Review of Greek Village

Greek Village
Ranked #2 of 152 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Greek friends in Orlando recommended this restaurant. The selection of dishes is pretty standard but the delivery and taste was outstanding. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable. Everything else - from the appetizers to the shrimp skewers to the eggplant casserole all had that home-made feel to them and it was clear that the chef. The house salad was delicious - and unlike many of the other Greek restaurants in the area, not an iceberg lettuce in sight! The only thing we weren't crazy about was the Greek potatoes -- they were OK, but we've had better elsewhere. Overall, the Greek Village is the next best thing to Greece this side of the restaurants of Tarpon Springs.

1  Thank JJ_Orlando_FL

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Delicious greek food at fair prices with very friendly service. Everything was fresh and tasty. The atmosphere is super casual and they seem to do a brisk takeout business, perhaps due to space and slight lack of ambience. It's a great place and we will be back, happy to have it in town.

1  Thank kristinjk
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Service outstanding. Portion extremely large. The prices were very good. The food had no taste, it was blend. I have been to multiple Greek restaurants all over the world, and without a doubt, this is the worst Greek restaurant that I have been.
The Greek salad, was just a salad with feta cheese and olives, the dressing was bad. The grill octopus, was bad. I could not eat it. I will not return there. Maybe I just picked the wrong dishes.
It was around 9 pm, and they started to clean the kitchen. The smell of bleach was so strong that I have to leave the restaurant.

1  Thank JC R
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The food is very, very good. Not the best greek food I've had, but good. Lunch time is very busy. Dinner time is more relaxed. Food is inexpensive and service is wonderful. They care about their product.
Ambience is not good, but who cares so long as the food id good.

Thank Dr. Sanjay S
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Good souvlaki, 2 marinated skewers and 2 sides $10.50. I had the classical Gyro. Ehh, I've had better at Santorini in Deland. Ditto for the lemon potatoes. One exception was the Avgolemono chicken, rice, with lemon soup. It was excellent! Greek Village serves the classic Greek cuisine you are familiar with like Moussaka, Pastichio, and Spanikopita. All are about in the $10-$15 range. Disappointed in the baklava because it lacked more walnuts and did not seem too fresh; but the kourabiedes were probably the best Ive ever eaten. We ordered 3 to take home at $1.25 each. They were probably fresh preserved by being smothered in a heaping amount of confectioner's powdered sugar.
The decor reminded me of a pizza parlor with some pictures of the classical whitest of whites domed buildings clinging to the cliffs contrasted with the lapis blue of the sea.
I wouldn't hurry to get back
here. I really can't see why this got rated #1 in Lake Mary on TripAdvisor. I did enjoy the Greek background music. Service was average and pleasant. Try the Saganaki which comes flambe'd to the table. Then you"ll know why this review is entitled, "Opa!"