“Great Hotel poor lobby staff”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Reviewed 5 February 2013

A lovely clean modern hotel with great facilities. The front desk staff however were poorly trained they did not realise as a Goldmember I was entitled to free breakfast in the restaurant . On another occasion i was initially reluctantly offered 500 rewards points Equivalent to 1/40 of a nights stay when I had a disturbed night due to noise This offer I found derogatory. One bonus however was Kathryn you works in the concierge lounge She has fantastic customer care skills and really looked after guests she was a true asset to the hotel

• Stayed: January 2013
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Hello TinCityZoo,

Thank you for the honest feedback from your last visit to our hotel
and I truly appreciate the information about the confusion on Gold
Member benefits at our hotel. Of course we can't speak to the specifics
since we dont knoow when you were here , but would welcome the opportunity
to contact you personally so we can resolve the misinformation in the future.

Feel free to email me personally at bruce.skwarlo@marriott.com.

Also I will pass along your kind comments about Kathy's fantastic customer
care skills in our concierge lounge.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

My recent stay at this property was a good experience. I had a great corporate rate so I can't complain that I did not receive a King Size bed. The room was spotless and spacious. The hotel is in a great location and within walking distance of many restaurants and stores. It is clean with a very nice lobby area. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I did not frequent th onsite restaurant. I did frequent the bar however and there is a bartender by the name of Lindsay who was great and quite fun to be around.

I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

CruisingBob,

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our team was helpful & friendly.
I will make sure that Lindsay our bartender is recognized at our next staff meeting
for going above and beyond, that's what Marriott is all about!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

This hotel is very pretty pulling up to it and inside the common areas. The hotel rooms are another thing, upon checking we were given a corner suite, decent size room and at a quick glance seemed nice. After spending sometime and un-packing things we noticed that the duvet was filthy. Hair on it and not from your head, the mattress iteself was hard and lumpy. They changed out the duvet for us with no concerns. Bathroom was very poor condition. The shower head had so much calcium buildup on it that it was turning green. The shower curtain was not long enough to stop water from getting all over everything and the towels had seen better days.
I would highly recommend finding another hotel in the area, this Marriott doesnt even deserve a fairfield inn on the marque.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Wick1979,

Thank you for the honest feedback and I can assure you that we
take your comments very seriously and will address this today!

Thanks to your observations we can immeadiately place this room
out of service for the appropriate repairs and assure noone else will
experience these problems. Please accept my sincere apologies
and if you would like to contact me direct, I would personally like to
speak with you and assure you this will not re-occur.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

Stayed at the Marriott during our recent stay. I was very pleased with the property. I was able to get a good rate and the property is very clean, Nice clean rooms and the service is A+. Would recommend this propert to friends and family and would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

DennisM,

Thank you for the A+ review from your recent stay at the Orlando
Marriott Lake Mary! We truly appreciate you allowing us to host your
family on the next visit to the North Orlando area.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family last Thanksgiving. The hotel was a bit pricier than the ones I usually stay in, but it does have a lovely interior. Their Christmas decorations were up and they had a beautiful tree decorating the lobby. The staff was also very friendly, especially the barista who worked at the Starbucks down stairs. The rooms were average. They were the typical Marriott style with nice beds and furniture. However not all of the lamps in our room worked properly and from certain angles you could see old stains on the wall.

The toilet, however, was the real issue. When we first came in, my aunt went to use the restroom and noticed that the bowl was stained. We commented on it to room service and they pointed out that the red ring was likely due to rust deposits. Granted, rust build up is likely to happen, but in a nice hotel like this you'd think they'd pay closer attention to details like that!

Other than that, the trip was fine, although the fact that there was no continental breakfast bothered me. There was a breakfast buffet in the lobby, but it was $13 a plate. The on site Starbucks was a better option, but you couldn't really get a full meal from it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Hello Newstarr,

Thank you for the comments regarding your recent visit to our Hotel.
I was happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and the Holiday decorations
but was disappointed that you experienced a problem in the bathroom.
Thanks to your feedback we have corrected the issue so nobody else
will be negatively impacted!
I will also make sure our Barista is acknowledged for her very pleasant
level of service.

Reviewed 27 December 2012

I am a platinum with Marriott, which is their highest level. I have never seen a property with such awful beds. Also the fitness center faces the sun in the afternoon, and there are no drapes or shades on the floor-to-ceiling windows. I could not even begin to work out in there because of the blinding sun.

Will NEVER stay at this property again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

DavidK,

Thank you for the comments from your recent visit to our hotel
and I truly appeciate the feedback.

Our recently renovated fitness center does not have draperies
as those were removed and deemed old fashioned! Since I have
not heard negative comments that the sun has been a problem
I will certainly look at some different options that may be available.
I am sure the time of year and day must have played a large role
with the winter setting sun. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced.

Your comments about a less than satisfactory bed will be investigated
but since this review is anonymous I would love to have you
email me personally so I can correct the issue in your exact room.

Please let me know if I may "Make it Right" on your next visit to Lake
Mary! And as a Gesture of Good Faith I will personally make sure you are
upgraded to the best room available and will guarantee the bed will
be up to your standards. A Marriott Platinum Member deserves a Platinum
Experience!

Bruce Skwarlo,

General Manager, C.H.A.

bruce.skwarlo@marriott.com
407-995-7004

Reviewed 17 December 2012

We have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and made our most recent visit in late November 2012. The hotel remains a beautiful property and a friend who also stayed there at my recommendation the same weekend commented how wonderful the hotel was. The only negative to me that was not evident on prior visits was the fact that rooms with two beds contained doubles rather than queen sized beds. King bedded rooms did not offer a sofa bed so we had to double up since there were three of us in my family. This made for a poor night's sleep and I guess prior visits were either solo or two person visits since we never ran into this issue. My suggestion thus is to look elsewhere if you have a family of 3 or 4 but definitely stay here if there is 1 or 2 in your party.

Room Tip: Avoid the double bedded rooms if you have three adults in your party.