All reviews free laundry front desk stove top studio suite full kitchen place to stay just like home excellent property separate bedroom stayed here for one night a great stay great room night stay comfortable room definitely stay here again vanessa dishwasher
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My brother and I have been attending the July 4th NASCAR race at Daytona for the last 20+ years. We discovered this place about 10 years ago and have been staying here every year since then. It is very convenient and close (40 min.) to Daytona International Speedway. It is also very close to ALL the major attractions of Orlando. The rooms are very spacious and clean. The hotel staff (especially Kristina) are always friendly and will do all they can to make your stay a good one!

Room Tip: Due to the hotel being so close to I-4, ask for rooms on the south side (away from the interstate). They are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SkyyyKing
cndllakemary, Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

We truly appreciate your kind words and I am so very delighted to hear that we were able to play a positive role in your recent visit . It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.
We are looking forward to serving you again and Thank you for being a loyal guest for the past ten years to your home away from home.

Rachid Alaoui

Reviewed 14 July 2013

If space is a concern on a budget then this is the hotel for you. This is a perfectly nice place with a very friendly staff...but nothing fancy and a little worn and in need of a renovation.
My room was a 1 bed suite and it was large with a little kitchenette. The hotel is on a quiet leafy side street right off I4. Just about every chain store, restaurant or pharmacy you could ever want is close by. See nothing really bad to say, just not as nice as a Hyatt Place or Holiday Inn Express.
But for less than $75 bucks.....not bad.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
cndllakemary, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Bob,Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to let us know about your stay. We value our guest opinions and want to make everybody feel at home, welcomed and they are staying in a safe,clean space.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us and we hope when you are back in the area you stop by YOUR Candlewood Suites lake Mary.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

My wife and I spent 2 days at Candlewood Suites in Lake Mary, to celebrate our anniversary. The accommodations could not have been better! It is an excellent place to stay and we WILL stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James L
cndllakemary, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

James L,

Thank you for your comments ! We are excited that you and your wife enjoyed your anniversary stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We decided at almost the last minute to spend part of the Memorial Day weekend in the Sanford/Lake Mary, Florida area. I checked their website, and Candlewood had rooms available at a special weekend rate, so I called the national reservation line to book. The phone agent checked availability, confirmed my details and then stated the rate. When I noted the rate was cheaper on the website he quickly lowered the fee to match what was listed on the Web. Check-in was stated as 3:00 PM. We arrived at 2:40 PM and found a crowd standing in the small lobby. The front desk associate apologetically explained to me that they were behind on room cleanings and she had been instructed not to check anyone in until 3:00 PM. When I asked about an additional waiting area she unlocked the door to the breakfast room so that we could sit down. The tables were still covered with crumbs from the morning's meal. Shortly before 3, without any announcement, the associate began checking people in. When I walked back to the front desk she took my name, checked my reservation and then told me she would not be able to accommodate me for awhile because I needed two double beds. I said that I had specifically reserved just one bed, a queen. Luckily I had printed out my email reservation confirmation or I might not have had a room, because her computer was showing something different. She had no explanation for the error. However, the associate was extremely upbeat and friendly as she corrected my reservation information. She explained all of the hotel's particulars (wifi code, pool and elevator access, where to park, etc.) and then handed us our room keys. When I asked for extra coffee she smilingly obliged. Our room was on the second floor, facing the parking lot. It was clean and featured a small kitchen complete with stove, large refrigerator, clean dishes, coffee makings and dish soap, as well as the normal shampoos, soaps and hair dryers in the bathroom. The room was cool and the unit air conditioner was easy to adjust. The bathroom towels were soft and plush and the bed was very comfortable. Later that evening we attempted to play a movie on the in-room DVD player, but it wasn't working. I called the front desk and an associate came up right away to assist. It turned out that someone had unplugged the cables going from the DVD player to the TV. The associate quickly sorted things out and made sure the equipment was working correctly before she left.The hotel was very quiet, and both of us easily enjoyed a good night's sleep. Checkout wasn't until noon, so we enjoyed a leisurely morning before packing up. My bill was prepared promptly and correctly. The hotel's website indicated that breakfast was included as an amenity, but the desk clerk explained that breakfast was only available Monday-Friday, not on the weekends. She didn't know why. Because of the cleanliness of our room and the comfort and quiet of our bed I would have rated this hotel one star higher if we hadn't experienced so many small annoyances. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the facility was a good value for a budget-minded getaway in the perfect location for our weekend plans.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot, and those at the north end of the facility (away from the lobby and pool) are probably quieter than those facing the Interstate.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susie1107
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear susie1107,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. It is nice to know that you had a good nights sleep. However, my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you and provide you with exceptional service.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 May 2013

Was there for 4 nights. Room was dark, thermostat kept it nice and cool, given Florida's mid-day heat and humidity. Plenty of towels. Disappointed that BOTH treadmills were down, but it forced me to run outside and it was a more pleasant run anyway. Staff was ultra-friendly, especially Deanna, but I am a low-maintenance guest. Thanks for the bonus points! I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for something in the high numbers, so you're room doesn't front the interstate.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
cndllakemary, Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Greetings,

Thank you for the kind words! We are so glad that you had such an enjoyable stay. We look forward to your next vis, Rest assure that both trademill have been fixed. Again thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to serving you again in the near futur.

Rachid Alaoui