“GREAT SUITE WONDERFUL STAFF”

Candlewood Suites Lake Mary
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Ive been here since May and had to work another job in south florida. I couldn't wait to get back to the Candlewood...Shalaine is fantastic. I was working in miami and was to get back to Orlando only to discover Candlewood had no rooms and Shalain was not on the desk. I tried the competition down the street. Not bad, but for the money, the amenities, and the staff you cant beat the Candlewood for the long term stay.

FREE laundry (get the driers HOTTER), fitness center, better cable channels, WiFi, pool (you have trees and leaves dont forget that...) Cooking grille on the patio. Oh and Shalain... She has been straightening out the housekeeping. Im sure that based on the previous reviews shes working on those issues. Top Notch Folks.

Room Tip: The rooms to the west facing I-4 have a sound barrier on the shutters and hwy noise is no issue.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
cndllakemary, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Dear Tim,
We want to thank you for coming back and staying with us at the Candlewood Suites. We appreciate such an awesome review on both our hotel and the staff. We do everything possible to make sure all of our guests feel at home while they stay with us. We hope to see you again soon in the future!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Upon arriving, I was surprised at the large space and creature comforts of home. I enjoyed the kitchen as I was on business and needed groceries and cooking space. Excellent customer service to address my needs with a few minor problems.
Week One: DVD player did not work although proper instruction from front desk. No one fixed it the next day either. Amaris discovered it was simply unplugged from TV... ???
Cobb webs over bath door. Unusual amount of sneezing. Fourth Floor
Week Two: Cobb webs over bath door again and pet food found by stepping on it. Many pieces near bed discovered by shining my flashlight across the floor. Some vacuums push around bigger pieces I guess. More sneezing, mostly in morning. No coffee in room. Lucky to be near free coffee. First Floor.
Week Three: Discovered more Cobb Webs over bath door AGAIN.... This time the DVD player did not even work. (HINT: check the batteries in the remote, there were none) Uuugghh.!! Cereal pieces in office chair, Phone cover filthy and more sneezing.

The next time I stay here in this particular Candlewood, I am bringing my UV light to check the silverware and the pots/pans/dishes.

Advise to Management, make a check-list for the cleaning people to follow and randomly check one of the rooms they each cleaned...Follow up... Get the cleaning people, each, a flashlight

Room Tip: Try to get Fourth Floor on the North Side. It does not face I-4. Or get an "interior" ro...
1  Thank Paul T
cndllakemary, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Paul T,

Thank you for expressing your concerns as a result I have met with my entire housekeeping team and we are on track ! We have committed to excellence going forward we look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I've been in the area since Nov. 2012. what caught my attn was the fact they gave me a room even though my company was still in the process with the paperwork for direct billing. they could have just told me to return once all was set or come out of pocket but they told me not to worry and the details would be worked out eventually. that says a lot about the care for their guests. the staff is wonderful and definitely makes you feel at home. They are all very helpful and courteous and i Could not ask for more while away from home for business. thanks Shalane & Deanna for making me feel welcomed. I recommend this place to anyone and most important, the rates are great for the level of hospitality you are given.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
cndllakemary, Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear Dario,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I will share with our staff. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

My brother and I have been attending the July 4th NASCAR race at Daytona for the last 20+ years. We discovered this place about 10 years ago and have been staying here every year since then. It is very convenient and close (40 min.) to Daytona International Speedway. It is also very close to ALL the major attractions of Orlando. The rooms are very spacious and clean. The hotel staff (especially Kristina) are always friendly and will do all they can to make your stay a good one!

Room Tip: Due to the hotel being so close to I-4, ask for rooms on the south side (away from the interstate...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SkyyyKing

We truly appreciate your kind words and I am so very delighted to hear that we were able to play a positive role in your recent visit . It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.
We are looking forward to serving you again and Thank you for being a loyal guest for the past ten years to your home away from home.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

If space is a concern on a budget then this is the hotel for you. This is a perfectly nice place with a very friendly staff...but nothing fancy and a little worn and in need of a renovation.
My room was a 1 bed suite and it was large with a little kitchenette. The hotel is on a quiet leafy side street right off I4. Just about every chain store, restaurant or pharmacy you could ever want is close by. See nothing really bad to say, just not as nice as a Hyatt Place or Holiday Inn Express.
But for less than $75 bucks.....not bad.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
cndllakemary, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Bob,Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to let us know about your stay. We value our guest opinions and want to make everybody feel at home, welcomed and they are staying in a safe,clean space.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us and we hope when you are back in the area you stop by YOUR Candlewood Suites lake Mary.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

My wife and I spent 2 days at Candlewood Suites in Lake Mary, to celebrate our anniversary. The accommodations could not have been better! It is an excellent place to stay and we WILL stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James L
cndllakemary, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

James L,

Thank you for your comments ! We are excited that you and your wife enjoyed your anniversary stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We decided at almost the last minute to spend part of the Memorial Day weekend in the Sanford/Lake Mary, Florida area. I checked their website, and Candlewood had rooms available at a special weekend rate, so I called the national reservation line to book. The phone agent checked availability, confirmed my details and then stated the rate. When I noted the rate was cheaper on the website he quickly lowered the fee to match what was listed on the Web. Check-in was stated as 3:00 PM. We arrived at 2:40 PM and found a crowd standing in the small lobby. The front desk associate apologetically explained to me that they were behind on room cleanings and she had been instructed not to check anyone in until 3:00 PM. When I asked about an additional waiting area she unlocked the door to the breakfast room so that we could sit down. The tables were still covered with crumbs from the morning's meal. Shortly before 3, without any announcement, the associate began checking people in. When I walked back to the front desk she took my name, checked my reservation and then told me she would not be able to accommodate me for awhile because I needed two double beds. I said that I had specifically reserved just one bed, a queen. Luckily I had printed out my email reservation confirmation or I might not have had a room, because her computer was showing something different. She had no explanation for the error. However, the associate was extremely upbeat and friendly as she corrected my reservation information. She explained all of the hotel's particulars (wifi code, pool and elevator access, where to park, etc.) and then handed us our room keys. When I asked for extra coffee she smilingly obliged. Our room was on the second floor, facing the parking lot. It was clean and featured a small kitchen complete with stove, large refrigerator, clean dishes, coffee makings and dish soap, as well as the normal shampoos, soaps and hair dryers in the bathroom. The room was cool and the unit air conditioner was easy to adjust. The bathroom towels were soft and plush and the bed was very comfortable. Later that evening we attempted to play a movie on the in-room DVD player, but it wasn't working. I called the front desk and an associate came up right away to assist. It turned out that someone had unplugged the cables going from the DVD player to the TV. The associate quickly sorted things out and made sure the equipment was working correctly before she left.The hotel was very quiet, and both of us easily enjoyed a good night's sleep. Checkout wasn't until noon, so we enjoyed a leisurely morning before packing up. My bill was prepared promptly and correctly. The hotel's website indicated that breakfast was included as an amenity, but the desk clerk explained that breakfast was only available Monday-Friday, not on the weekends. She didn't know why. Because of the cleanliness of our room and the comfort and quiet of our bed I would have rated this hotel one star higher if we hadn't experienced so many small annoyances. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the facility was a good value for a budget-minded getaway in the perfect location for our weekend plans.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot, and those at the north end of the facility (away from the lobby and po...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susie1107
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear susie1107,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. It is nice to know that you had a good nights sleep. However, my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you and provide you with exceptional service.

Karen G.