All reviews free laundry front desk stove top studio suite full kitchen place to stay excellent property stayed here for one night great room night stay comfortable room vanessa dishwasher orlando cupboard interstate clerk
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Upon arriving, I was surprised at the large space and creature comforts of home. I enjoyed the kitchen as I was on business and needed groceries and cooking space. Excellent customer service to address my needs with a few minor problems.
Week One: DVD player did not work although proper instruction from front desk. No one fixed it the next day either. Amaris discovered it was simply unplugged from TV... ???
Cobb webs over bath door. Unusual amount of sneezing. Fourth Floor
Week Two: Cobb webs over bath door again and pet food found by stepping on it. Many pieces near bed discovered by shining my flashlight across the floor. Some vacuums push around bigger pieces I guess. More sneezing, mostly in morning. No coffee in room. Lucky to be near free coffee. First Floor.
Week Three: Discovered more Cobb Webs over bath door AGAIN.... This time the DVD player did not even work. (HINT: check the batteries in the remote, there were none) Uuugghh.!! Cereal pieces in office chair, Phone cover filthy and more sneezing.

The next time I stay here in this particular Candlewood, I am bringing my UV light to check the silverware and the pots/pans/dishes.

Advise to Management, make a check-list for the cleaning people to follow and randomly check one of the rooms they each cleaned...Follow up... Get the cleaning people, each, a flashlight

Room Tip: Try to get Fourth Floor on the North Side. It does not face I-4. Or get an "interior" room facing parking lot for more quiet.
1  Thank Paul T
cndllakemary, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Paul T,

Thank you for expressing your concerns as a result I have met with my entire housekeeping team and we are on track ! We have committed to excellence going forward we look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I've been in the area since Nov. 2012. what caught my attn was the fact they gave me a room even though my company was still in the process with the paperwork for direct billing. they could have just told me to return once all was set or come out of pocket but they told me not to worry and the details would be worked out eventually. that says a lot about the care for their guests. the staff is wonderful and definitely makes you feel at home. They are all very helpful and courteous and i Could not ask for more while away from home for business. thanks Shalane & Deanna for making me feel welcomed. I recommend this place to anyone and most important, the rates are great for the level of hospitality you are given.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
cndllakemary, Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear Dario,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I will share with our staff. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Rachid Alaoui

Reviewed 15 July 2013

My brother and I have been attending the July 4th NASCAR race at Daytona for the last 20+ years. We discovered this place about 10 years ago and have been staying here every year since then. It is very convenient and close (40 min.) to Daytona International Speedway. It is also very close to ALL the major attractions of Orlando. The rooms are very spacious and clean. The hotel staff (especially Kristina) are always friendly and will do all they can to make your stay a good one!

Room Tip: Due to the hotel being so close to I-4, ask for rooms on the south side (away from the interstate). They are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SkyyyKing

We truly appreciate your kind words and I am so very delighted to hear that we were able to play a positive role in your recent visit . It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.
We are looking forward to serving you again and Thank you for being a loyal guest for the past ten years to your home away from home.

Rachid Alaoui

Reviewed 14 July 2013

If space is a concern on a budget then this is the hotel for you. This is a perfectly nice place with a very friendly staff...but nothing fancy and a little worn and in need of a renovation.
My room was a 1 bed suite and it was large with a little kitchenette. The hotel is on a quiet leafy side street right off I4. Just about every chain store, restaurant or pharmacy you could ever want is close by. See nothing really bad to say, just not as nice as a Hyatt Place or Holiday Inn Express.
But for less than $75 bucks.....not bad.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
cndllakemary, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Bob,Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to let us know about your stay. We value our guest opinions and want to make everybody feel at home, welcomed and they are staying in a safe,clean space.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us and we hope when you are back in the area you stop by YOUR Candlewood Suites lake Mary.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

My wife and I spent 2 days at Candlewood Suites in Lake Mary, to celebrate our anniversary. The accommodations could not have been better! It is an excellent place to stay and we WILL stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James L
cndllakemary, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

James L,

Thank you for your comments ! We are excited that you and your wife enjoyed your anniversary stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the near future!