“Helpful staff”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Englewood, Florida
“Helpful staff”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was impressed with the roominess and comfort of the rooms. The kitchen was well furnished and all the furniture was comfortable. The first night however presented a slight problem. The A/C unit knocked as if for entrance before the compressor kicked in. In addition, the traffic noise from the interstate was very evident in that particular corner room. The next day I requested a room change and the staff promptly took care of it and moved me down and across the hall to a completely quiet room that was quite wonderful. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevator and on the outside away from the parking lot had a lot of traffic noise from...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
cndllakemary, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear Jim H,
I first want to apologize for the issues with the A/C and about the fact that you had to move to a different room during your stay. Thank you for acknowledging how friendly and helpful the staff is at our hotel. We do everything we can to make sure our guests feel at home and we hope to see you again soon.

Rachid Alaoui

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I would like to give a shout out to Deanna who checked us in very late at night and then a shout to shalaine who checked us out. They definitely have the winning ways associated with IHG. As an employee with IHG and gold member with the IHG rewards club, I am honored to make reservations for guests coming to this property whether it be business travel or leisure travel.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Mun1977
Dear Mun1977,
Thanks for choosing the Candlewood Suites as your home away from home. We know that you had many options to choose from, especially since you work for IHG, and we are truly grateful that you chose us. Thank you for recognizing Deanna and Shalaine for their hard work and determination to make this hotel one of the best. We sincerely appreciate the review and hope you come back to stay with us again soon.

Alton, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Ive been here since May and had to work another job in south florida. I couldn't wait to get back to the Candlewood...Shalaine is fantastic. I was working in miami and was to get back to Orlando only to discover Candlewood had no rooms and Shalain was not on the desk. I tried the competition down the street. Not bad, but for the money, the amenities, and the staff you cant beat the Candlewood for the long term stay.

FREE laundry (get the driers HOTTER), fitness center, better cable channels, WiFi, pool (you have trees and leaves dont forget that...) Cooking grille on the patio. Oh and Shalain... She has been straightening out the housekeeping. Im sure that based on the previous reviews shes working on those issues. Top Notch Folks.

Room Tip: The rooms to the west facing I-4 have a sound barrier on the shutters and hwy noise is no issue.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Tim,
We want to thank you for coming back and staying with us at the Candlewood Suites. We appreciate such an awesome review on both our hotel and the staff. We do everything possible to make sure all of our guests feel at home while they stay with us. We hope to see you again soon in the future!

Cocoa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Upon arriving, I was surprised at the large space and creature comforts of home. I enjoyed the kitchen as I was on business and needed groceries and cooking space. Excellent customer service to address my needs with a few minor problems.
Week One: DVD player did not work although proper instruction from front desk. No one fixed it the next day either. Amaris discovered it was simply unplugged from TV... ???
Cobb webs over bath door. Unusual amount of sneezing. Fourth Floor
Week Two: Cobb webs over bath door again and pet food found by stepping on it. Many pieces near bed discovered by shining my flashlight across the floor. Some vacuums push around bigger pieces I guess. More sneezing, mostly in morning. No coffee in room. Lucky to be near free coffee. First Floor.
Week Three: Discovered more Cobb Webs over bath door AGAIN.... This time the DVD player did not even work. (HINT: check the batteries in the remote, there were none) Uuugghh.!! Cereal pieces in office chair, Phone cover filthy and more sneezing.

The next time I stay here in this particular Candlewood, I am bringing my UV light to check the silverware and the pots/pans/dishes.

Advise to Management, make a check-list for the cleaning people to follow and randomly check one of the rooms they each cleaned...Follow up... Get the cleaning people, each, a flashlight

Room Tip: Try to get Fourth Floor on the North Side. It does not face I-4. Or get an "interior" ro...
1 Thank Paul T
cndllakemary, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Paul T,

Thank you for expressing your concerns as a result I have met with my entire housekeeping team and we are on track ! We have committed to excellence going forward we look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Lake Mary Florida, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I've been in the area since Nov. 2012. what caught my attn was the fact they gave me a room even though my company was still in the process with the paperwork for direct billing. they could have just told me to return once all was set or come out of pocket but they told me not to worry and the details would be worked out eventually. that says a lot about the care for their guests. the staff is wonderful and definitely makes you feel at home. They are all very helpful and courteous and i Could not ask for more while away from home for business. thanks Shalane & Deanna for making me feel welcomed. I recommend this place to anyone and most important, the rates are great for the level of hospitality you are given.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
cndllakemary, Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear Dario,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I will share with our staff. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My brother and I have been attending the July 4th NASCAR race at Daytona for the last 20+ years. We discovered this place about 10 years ago and have been staying here every year since then. It is very convenient and close (40 min.) to Daytona International Speedway. It is also very close to ALL the major attractions of Orlando. The rooms are very spacious and clean. The hotel staff (especially Kristina) are always friendly and will do all they can to make your stay a good one!

Room Tip: Due to the hotel being so close to I-4, ask for rooms on the south side (away from the interstate...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SkyyyKing
We truly appreciate your kind words and I am so very delighted to hear that we were able to play a positive role in your recent visit . It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.
We are looking forward to serving you again and Thank you for being a loyal guest for the past ten years to your home away from home.

Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2013

If space is a concern on a budget then this is the hotel for you. This is a perfectly nice place with a very friendly staff...but nothing fancy and a little worn and in need of a renovation.
My room was a 1 bed suite and it was large with a little kitchenette. The hotel is on a quiet leafy side street right off I4. Just about every chain store, restaurant or pharmacy you could ever want is close by. See nothing really bad to say, just not as nice as a Hyatt Place or Holiday Inn Express.
But for less than $75 bucks.....not bad.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
cndllakemary, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Bob,Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to let us know about your stay. We value our guest opinions and want to make everybody feel at home, welcomed and they are staying in a safe,clean space.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us and we hope when you are back in the area you stop by YOUR Candlewood Suites lake Mary.