All reviewsfree laundryfront deskstove topstudio suitefull kitchenplace to stayjust like homeexcellent propertyseparate bedroomstayed here for one nighta great staygreat roomnight staycomfortable roomdefinitely stay here againvanessadishwasher
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I will put this bluntly, I got outright frauded by this place.

Reserved a Queen Suite/Non-Smoking Room and made it very clear during the reservation process that my Fiancé would be bringing her medical alert service dog with us and that it was exactly that - A SERVICE DOG (this comes in later).

Room we received was not a Queen Suite and it was not non smoking. Room was some very small back closet that had obviously been a storage room sometime in the buildings history and modified into a so called "suite" to pawn off on smokers and pet owners. The smoke and musky smell was almost overwhelming and the appliances had the distinct orange tinge of a smoking room.

The bed was a FULL mattress at best and felt like a twin. My Fiancé and I spent the night huddled together, both of us trying not to fall off either edge of the bed. Great night sleep that turned out to be.

I brought my original reservation confirmation stating what I had paid for to the front desk and asked to speak to a manager to which I was flatly refused. When I brought up the fact that the mattress wasn't even the size I paid for I was basically told I didn't know what size a queen mattress was (since I sleep on one at home every night, I guess I'm just dumb) and that it was impossible because quote "the only size mattresses we have are queens" and then in the next sentence says "or we push two full sized ones together". Well my room had a full one by itself and it sure as hell wasn't a queen.

They flat out refused to even acknowledge the fact that I had been given a smoking room when I had paid for non-smoking.

To add insult to injury they charged a $20 additional pet fee to my bill for my Fiancé's service animal which you are not supposed to do by Florida law, on top of the already full rate for the queen/non smoking suite I didn't even get. Again when I brought this up I was told to go pound sand with a smile on their face.

I ended up paying $150 for a night in a room that I've seen Hotel 6 do better.

This place is guilty of discrimination against a person with a service animal and outright fraud.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else if you have service animals or pets.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boilerwash
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear Boilerwash,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean, and superior accommodations. However, we regret your stay was negatively affected by the additional fee taken for bringing in a service animal in addition to the condition of the bed. We'd like to investigate on this so I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon and be of further assistance.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Soon as I check in the guy gave me the wrong room that I asked for..I was later switched to room 132.. the smoke detector went off all night so I'm complained and he asked me to put a shirt over the noise..it was late so I went back to my room ..the ac unit did not work in the bedroom I woke up sweating like I never did before ..when I checked out I told one of the workers at the desk I had a horrible experience..he said "we will take care of it for you" and never did ..I'm not one to complain but when I think about the situation it totally sucked there's no way I'm going back

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank MoneyonGee
cndllakemary, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay due to the smoke not operating properly and the air conditioning unit not cooling. Rest assured that these issues have been resolved.
The behavior that you described is not at all reflective of our hotel’s usual friendly and helpful service.
Please accept our sincere apologies.
We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.
Rachid Alaoui

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Very disappointed with front desk employee, ms. V that checked me in. I was very tired and arrived with two teenagers. The reservation stated 3 guests and there I was in a room with one-double bed, that seemed a bit smaller. No other room was available, no other choice was offered. When I asked about a rollaway-bed she coldly replied " I do not have any" trying to get rid of me fast. So I was destined to sleep on the floor. The saddest part was that I WAS TREATED LIKE A SECOND CLASS CITIZEN because I was paying employee rate of $59.00,per night. Is that a way Ms. V would like to be treated in my hotel or in any other IHG property? In addition she added "Should I give two beds to a guest or to you? Shame on you!!! I hope your Manager read this!

Room Tip: beds are very small
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 3 July 2017

Dear M M,

Thank you for your honest review regarding your recent stay with us here at the Candlewood Suites Lake Mary. I do apologize for your negative experience during the check-in process, and would like to personally speak with you in more detail, so that I can correct the situation immediately. If you could please contact me at the hotel, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for your honest feedback, and I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This is the route to go for a hotel at a great price!!!!! It's not updated and fancy like the expensive places but the price is on point for all that you get!!!!! The front desk was super nice and the grounds are well groomed.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2017

My husband and I stopped here on our way from Orlando to Port St. Lucie, The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. It was a nice stay for the price. I would go back if in that area.

Stayed: May 2017
cndllakemary, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property, we are delighted to hear your had enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you in the near future.
Our Housekeeping team number one goal is to provide a clean room for our guest to enjoy.
Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Rachid Alaoui