Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
“A Great Hotel”
Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

I recently accompanied my girlfriend while she was on a 10 day business trip in Lake Mary. We spent all 10 days at the hotel and I had a blast.

1) House keeping did an amaing job. They were friendly and very professional. After going on long adventures and returning when it was dark, a light was always kept on for us.

2) The amenities at the hotel were fantastic. I spent an hour everyday playing out in the pool and the hot tub. The pool side chairs are great to sun on and watch lizards :) The business center has two computers that I spent time doing research on. The Internet on those computers were a bit slow but got the job done. The breakfast every morning was amazing. The waffles were definietly a highlight of my trip. The free USA Today newspaper was great too.

3) The location is great. Not counting traffic on I-4, it was a 30 minute drive to Universal. It was a 45 minute drive to Daytona Beach and 40 minutes drive to New Smryna Beach. The RiverWalk in Sanford on the south side of Lake Monroe was great. So was the Central Florida Zoo. I also drove to some nice trails 15 minutes away around Lake Jessup (didn't see any gators though).

Within walking distance, there is a nice movie theater, good Chinese food, Subway, FroYo, good burger places, a Publix (grocery store), McDonalds, and Moe's Southwestern Grill. There is a really good trail, the Seminole Trail nearby that I walked on (saw a Bald Eagle!) and a good little park next door with trees covered in Spanish moss.

4) The rooms are nice, large, and clean. The beds are comfortable and the pillows are amazing. Our fridge made bizarre sounds and the air conditioner was loud but it's a small price to pay for a good room.

I gave this place four stars because I am a tough grader. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Orlando.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank arog004
Bryan W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Thank you for writing your fantastic review of everything the Hampton Inn and Suites Lake Mary has to offer!

Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in providing safe clean atmosphere for all of our guests. I am happy to hear that they were able to make you feel at home during your 10 days with us!

There is nothing quite like enjoying a delicious hot breakfast while flipping through the morning paper. It is definitely the best way to start your day! The made to order waffles are my favorite breakfast here too!

Lake Mary and Central Florida have so much to offer, it is no question why we are the undisputed #1 travel destination in the country. Our easy, immediate access to I-4 really does open up a world of possibilities to our guests and I am glad that you were able to take advantage of everything during your stay. We know that 10 days away from home can be difficult, so we strive to provide our guests with every opportunity to make the most out of their time in Lake Mary.

I apologize that some of your bedroom appliances were making some noises. If you ever encounter this problem again, please make sure you inform the front desk so that our top notch maintenance team can get the situation rectified on day one.

It is great to know that we received your seal of approval; I hope that the next time you are in town we have the opportunity to show you a Five Star Stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 26 February 2013

My family of 4 recently stayed here. The staff was very nice. Breakfast was very good. The housekeeper even folded my daughters' pajamas and placed them neatly on the remade bed. The hotel is convenient to a pretty nice outdoor shopping area. There are many restaurants and shops within walking distance. It is convenient to the Universal parks with a 20 minute straight shot on the highway.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Brian W
Bryan W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic review of the Hampton Inn and Suites Lake Mary. Our dedicated staff loves to take advantage of any opportunity to make our guests feel at home. Our “Hamptonality” shines whenever we get the chance to truly connect with a guest. Thank you for letting us be not just another hotel, but become your friend in town! I hope we can serve you again the next time you are in the Lake Mary/Orlando area!
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I stayed for 12 days on business. The staff was wonderful. The hotel was in great condition. I don't know what I'm going to do back home without the breakfast every morning! :) There are so many restaurants within walking distance we were never at a loss for something to do at night. And the cookies every evening...don't get me started. I did gain 2 lbs. It was worth it! I'll be back for sure!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Rich C
Bryan W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Rich,

Thank you very much for you fantastic review of the Hampton Inn and Suites Lake Mary. It sounds like you were able to take full advantage of every perk we offer here! I love to hear from guests when our staff is able create a true home away from home.

As someone who has eaten his fair share of fresh baked Hampton cookies, I completely understand how addicting they can become! I look forward to welcoming you again the next time you are in town!
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Great service, very clean, and an absolutely perfect location. I would definitely stay here again and most likely will next time I'm in Florida. I stayed in the king suite. I was visiting my daughter and I need a separate bedroom when staying with my teen daughter. I had the bedroom. She had the pull out couch bed in the main living room area.

Room Tip: If there was a button to push that was better than "excellent" for the location, I would h...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Mike S
Bryan W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Thank you very much for your fantastic review of the Hampton Inn and Suites Lake Mary. I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of the additional space in our King Suite and that we were able to accommodate you and your teenage daughter. The Colonial Town Park provides the perfect backdrop for our guests to truly enjoy their free time and relax while they are staying with us. It’s great that you had the opportunity to enjoy it. I hope we can host you again the next time you are in town to visit your daughter!
florida
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I stayed for one night at this hotel and found it to be clean,they have courteous staff & a good breakfast. It is right off the I-4 interstate so very convenient to get around the orlando area. There are plenty of restaurants & shopping within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank FloridaTraveller1
Thank you very much for your great review of the Hampton Inn and Suites Lake Mary. We take great pride in having a courteous and helpful staff, I will pass your review on to everyone. I hope that we can serve you a great breakfast again the next time you are in the Lake Mary/Orlando area.
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Came to Lake Mary on business and spent a night here. It's so nice! The area is great- many restaurants and bars to walk to- even at midnight, which is when we ended up checking in.

The lobby was very nice, with snacks and drinks you can purchase. The woman at the front desk was very nice.

The rooms were spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. I had a 1 bed King suite, so it has a giant bed, couch, chair with ottoman, coffee table, desk and a small kitchenette area. I also had 2 very large windows, and a nice flat screen tv. The bathroom was big, and everything was very clean.

My only complaint was the water pressure- the shower had very bad water pressure. Totally ruined my shower.

The breakfast was great because it was free, but it wasn't all that good. It's great that they change up the hot items every day, and there was a lot to choose from, but my advice to stick to the cold stuff- cereal, etc. They did have a lot of fruit, a waffle maker, and there is always free coffee- 24/7.

On a scale of 1-10, I'm probably at an 8 in terms of if I'd stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Racegirl219
Thank you very much for your detailed review of the Hampton Inn and Suites Lake Mary. We see a lot of business travelers in Lake Mary and we understand that the most important thing after a long day at the office is walk into a room that is spacious, comfortable, and clean. I am happy to hear that our room accommodations exceeded your expectations!
I am very sorry to hear that you had some difficulties with water pressure in your bathroom. Our maintenance staff is always willing to supply a expert help whenever there are issues of this nature. Please alert the front desk and we can ensure that you have a nice hot shower in no time.
I hope that the next time you are in Lake Mary that you give us a chance to make your stay even better. We strive to provide service beyond your expectations, and we can to turn that 8/10 into a 10!!!
Saint Peter, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 February 2013

nice carpet in all areas, easy access to every thing.nice pool too.everyone was nice,we felt very safe in this community, i wished i had my bike with as paths and the area is good for biking especially week ends when the office bldgs. are closed. you could get to near by target and grocery stores in 7 mins.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Howard K
Bryan W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank you so much for your great review of the Hampton Inn and Suites Lake Mary. Seminole County prides itself on being 'Orlando's Natural Side" and I would encourage you to bring your outdoor gear the next time you are in town. We have thousands of lakes and hundreds of miles of nature trails. I hope we can see you again the next time you come explore Lake Mary!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Mary
#6 of 12 in Lake Mary
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary
Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary
Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark? Share your experiences!