I recently accompanied my girlfriend while she was on a 10 day business trip in Lake Mary. We spent all 10 days at the hotel and I had a blast.
1) House keeping did an amaing job. They were friendly and very professional. After going on long adventures and returning when it was dark, a light was always kept on for us.
2) The amenities at the hotel were fantastic. I spent an hour everyday playing out in the pool and the hot tub. The pool side chairs are great to sun on and watch lizards :) The business center has two computers that I spent time doing research on. The Internet on those computers were a bit slow but got the job done. The breakfast every morning was amazing. The waffles were definietly a highlight of my trip. The free USA Today newspaper was great too.
3) The location is great. Not counting traffic on I-4, it was a 30 minute drive to Universal. It was a 45 minute drive to Daytona Beach and 40 minutes drive to New Smryna Beach. The RiverWalk in Sanford on the south side of Lake Monroe was great. So was the Central Florida Zoo. I also drove to some nice trails 15 minutes away around Lake Jessup (didn't see any gators though).
Within walking distance, there is a nice movie theater, good Chinese food, Subway, FroYo, good burger places, a Publix (grocery store), McDonalds, and Moe's Southwestern Grill. There is a really good trail, the Seminole Trail nearby that I walked on (saw a Bald Eagle!) and a good little park next door with trees covered in Spanish moss.
4) The rooms are nice, large, and clean. The beds are comfortable and the pillows are amazing. Our fridge made bizarre sounds and the air conditioner was loud but it's a small price to pay for a good room.
I gave this place four stars because I am a tough grader. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Orlando.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the best of both worlds from our quiet Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial Townpark. Our hotel is located in Lake Mary, FL, off Interstate 4. Walk to shops, restaurants and a movie theater in the adjacent retail center and find high-tech companies nearby.Our five-story hotel is 30 minutes from Orlando's Walt Disney World® and Universal® theme parks and 45 minutes from Daytona beaches and Daytona 500 racing. Treat the family to a sporting game at Amway Center or a day at the Central Florida Zoo. Discover boating and fishing at area lakes and golf courses near our hotel in Lake Mary, FL.Start your work or sightseeing day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast each morning. Relax and refresh on one of our Lake Mary, FL hotel's comfortable king- or queen-sized beds. Each of our 130 guest rooms and suites is equipped with free WiFi, a 32-inch HDTV, microwave and mini-refrigerator. Upgrade to a Studio Suite for more room, a sofa bed, wet bar and DVD player. Plan tomorrow's activities while reclining on your bed using our convenient lap desk.Enjoy the comforts of home and friendly service at our Lake Mary, FL hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Lake Mary At Colonial Townpark
- Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary At Colonial Townpark Hotel Lake Mary
- Hampton Inn Lake Mary
- Lake Mary Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary At Colonial TownPark Florida