“A Very Nice Hampton Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“A Very Nice Hampton Stay”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We had a one night stay on March 8. We had a late flight and arrived late, but our room was waiting and was comfortable and quiet. The room was spacious, the beds were very nice and everything in the room seemed to be new. The breakfast was included and had a wide selection and the seating was ample. This is a very nice Hampton property and the price was good, too.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank OshkoshTraveler1
Bryan W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review of the Hampton Inn and Suites Lake Mary. I truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us! Comfort, cleanliness, and room size are the most important thing for anyone arriving late after a long day of travelling, and I am glad we were able to exceed all of your needs and expectations, the Hampton Hot Breakfast the next morning is just a bonus!

I hope we have the opportunity to see you again the next time you are in Lake Mary!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I recently stayed at this Hampton and I loved it. I am a Hilton Honors Diamond Member and the girl at the front desk was very friendly when I checked in. The breakfast was great like it is at every Hampton and they were serving there diffferent cookies every night and they has my favorite, White Chocolate Macademia Nut! Overall I only stay at Hamptons and I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Art1956
Bryan W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
Thank you for going out of your way to post such a wonderful review for the Hampton Inn and Suites Lake Mary. I just want to tell you that I appreciate your loyalty to Hampton and the Hilton HHonors Program. There are many options available to travelers these days, and loyalty from guests like you shows us that we are doing something right to earn your trust. I look forward to accommodating you again the next time you are in Lake Mary!
Rieupeyroux, France
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Noisy fridge, AC and guests. Bed only okay, so really pleased I was only here for one night.

Very welcoming staff at check in. Free beer, wine and snack from 5pm to 6:30 was a nice surprise after being on the road for hours. Free breakfast, typical of what you would expect.

Pool and hot tub area pleasant enough, but best aspect of this hotel turned out to be its location. Very easy stroll to some great bars and restaurants. There was also a cinema, clothing shops and supermarket in the same retail complex.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on the Hampton Inn and Suites Lake Mary. I am sorry to hear that some excessive noise prevented you from fully enjoying your stay with us. In the future, I would recommend that you alert our front desk staff that some of your amenities were making noise. Our Maintenance team takes great pride in their abilities to quickly correct any mechanical malfunctions a guest may unfortunately encounter. We could have ensured you a much more pleasant nights sleep.

I am glad that you were able to enjoy our Manager’s Reception and that you were able to take advantage of our fantastic location! I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in Lake Mary!
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Warm chocolate chip cookies waiting at the front desk was a great touch. Blocked off an area under the canopy for parking our bikes. Great welcome! Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. No complaints. Thanks!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Deb A
Bryan W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Deb,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a great review of the Hampton Inn and Suites Lake Mary! We love having the Bike Week fans stay with us every year. Motorcycle enthusiasts are consistently some of the friendliest guests we see and we love providing a private area for your bikes to park. It gives us a great opportunity to admire them! I hope we can see you again later this year for Biketoberfest!
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 March 2013

The usual positive Hampton Inn experience. Clean comfortable room, pleasant and helpful staff, free breakfast, free wi-fi in the public areas and high speed Ethernet connection in the room. Location was convenient to the Interstate with the added plus of being next to a shopping area with plenty of restaurant choices. Just walk out the front door and take a right – there was a short stretch without a sidewalk but you can't miss the shopping area. After driving all day, I'd much rather walk to dinner than get back in the car.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank twofromNC
Bryan W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Hampton Inn and Suites Lake Mary! I am always delighted to hear from our satisfied guests. A perfect location provides the cherry on top to any trip, and I am proud to say that we have the best in Lake Mary! I hope we can see you again the next time you are in town!
New Brunswick
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We chose the Hampton in this year because of the terrible experience we had last year at the Hyatt down the road&the great price on line. Arriving at the room we were very impressed with the size of this extra large room. The room itself was very clean fridge, sink, microwave. Starting down the elevator to retrieve some luggage, myself and another individual had the door open on the 2nd floor and a bride to be somewhat demanded that we exit the elevator so that she could go down, not! It was brought to our attention that a wedding party would be using the hotel that evening. Returning after supper we discovered a large bus parked and upon entering our floor there were several girls from a sports team sitting in the hallway talking. Also would be sharing the hotel that evening. At around 9pm and exhausted from a long day I fell asleep and was woken up around 1am . My wife informed me that for the last several hours it had been non stop running , talking , partying in the hallways. From approx. 1:30 to almost 4am, I was woken time and time again by commotion from the upper and lower floors and down the hall from our room. Arriving for breakfast I made staff aware of this and was informed that there had been several complaints by other guests through out the night. I should have also complained. The lady was very apologetic but did not offer any kind of discount for our unpleasant night. I understand that sometimes they have their hands full when allowing such guests to stay. All and all I might return to this location , it has everything in the vicinity that you could possibly want.

Room Tip: Make sure before arriving that you are made aware of events / sporting teams that will be there.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank keeperof4
Bryan W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Thank you very much for your review of the Hampton Inn and Suites Lake Mary. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the typical outstanding experience we try to leave all of our guests with. We sincerely try our best to accommodate every guest and I apologize that the actions of some of our other in house guests caused you a restless nights sleep. All groups are required to sign a code of conduct form and they know what is expected of them. Regrettably, we cannot control the actions of other people, and our staff does their best to patrol the hallways when we receive noise complaints in an attempt to curtail some of the disturbance.

It appears that as far as our room quality, amenities and location that you enjoyed our hotel. It is my hope that you will give us another chance to show you how great a stay in Lake Mary/Sanford can be!
Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

I recently accompanied my girlfriend while she was on a 10 day business trip in Lake Mary. We spent all 10 days at the hotel and I had a blast.

1) House keeping did an amaing job. They were friendly and very professional. After going on long adventures and returning when it was dark, a light was always kept on for us.

2) The amenities at the hotel were fantastic. I spent an hour everyday playing out in the pool and the hot tub. The pool side chairs are great to sun on and watch lizards :) The business center has two computers that I spent time doing research on. The Internet on those computers were a bit slow but got the job done. The breakfast every morning was amazing. The waffles were definietly a highlight of my trip. The free USA Today newspaper was great too.

3) The location is great. Not counting traffic on I-4, it was a 30 minute drive to Universal. It was a 45 minute drive to Daytona Beach and 40 minutes drive to New Smryna Beach. The RiverWalk in Sanford on the south side of Lake Monroe was great. So was the Central Florida Zoo. I also drove to some nice trails 15 minutes away around Lake Jessup (didn't see any gators though).

Within walking distance, there is a nice movie theater, good Chinese food, Subway, FroYo, good burger places, a Publix (grocery store), McDonalds, and Moe's Southwestern Grill. There is a really good trail, the Seminole Trail nearby that I walked on (saw a Bald Eagle!) and a good little park next door with trees covered in Spanish moss.

4) The rooms are nice, large, and clean. The beds are comfortable and the pillows are amazing. Our fridge made bizarre sounds and the air conditioner was loud but it's a small price to pay for a good room.

I gave this place four stars because I am a tough grader. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Orlando.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank arog004
Bryan W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Thank you for writing your fantastic review of everything the Hampton Inn and Suites Lake Mary has to offer!

Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in providing safe clean atmosphere for all of our guests. I am happy to hear that they were able to make you feel at home during your 10 days with us!

There is nothing quite like enjoying a delicious hot breakfast while flipping through the morning paper. It is definitely the best way to start your day! The made to order waffles are my favorite breakfast here too!

Lake Mary and Central Florida have so much to offer, it is no question why we are the undisputed #1 travel destination in the country. Our easy, immediate access to I-4 really does open up a world of possibilities to our guests and I am glad that you were able to take advantage of everything during your stay. We know that 10 days away from home can be difficult, so we strive to provide our guests with every opportunity to make the most out of their time in Lake Mary.

I apologize that some of your bedroom appliances were making some noises. If you ever encounter this problem again, please make sure you inform the front desk so that our top notch maintenance team can get the situation rectified on day one.

It is great to know that we received your seal of approval; I hope that the next time you are in town we have the opportunity to show you a Five Star Stay!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Mary
#6 of 12 in Lake Mary
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary
Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary
Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark? Share your experiences!