“Brisket Fatty & Dry, Rest of Food Very Good”

Keller's Real Smoked Bar-B-Q
Ranked #14 of 159 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I wanted to give a "very good" rating as the key lime pie, salad, fries and corn nuggets were delicious. Just a bit disappointed that it being a BBQ place the brisket sandwich wasn't very tasty. Since BBQ meat is their specialty, that is where quality control should be at the best standards always. Consistency. Also, more vegetarian choices on the menu would be a plus for those who accompany a meat eater but are vegan or vegetarian.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had a sampler plate. The chicken and pulled pork was outstanding. The brisket was good but not my fav. The ribs were dry and I would not recommend them. Sides I had beans slaw and Mac. All were good. Overall a very good BBQ experience. Living overseas for 3 years it is always good to find BBQ. I will be coming back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Food was not like it was in past few times we have had. BBQ in the first couple of times was soooooo... Good but the last couple of times it was just nothing worth writing about.
Maybe they changed cooks or was just having an off day.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

As another reviewer said, don’t be put off by the strip mall location. While this lil’ gem isn’t fancy, they serve delicious barbecue! We happened upon the Trip Advisor reviews and made the short trip to Keller’s. We will most definitely be back! While we went for ribs we ended up with the Sampler platter. Great option as we got to try the ribs, chicken, brisket and pulled pork! I especially loved the moist and tender chicken! Smokey with just a bit of sauce, so good! Sides were good too! The only advice I would give to the chef is to leave the hush puppies in the oil for just a minute more, a couple of them were a bit undercooked. They did taste delicious though!

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Perfectly smoked, very tender brisket. Cole slaw on the side, perfect. Homemade sauce, perfect.
This place is what Florida barbecue is all about. Oak, Meat, and excellent service.