“Do not stay here”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Mary
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I stayed here one night and would not do it again. The rooms were not clean. The room I had had a hole in the wall. The room had a stale smell to it. The staff was not that friendly. I did complain to the hotel manager and they are supposed to give me a free night I am still waiting to see if that happens.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Generally like LaQuintas. Stayed on 4th floor in this one in Lake Mary- hallway carpet filthy with large stains. Room door wouldn't open, it was off square and I had to shove it open w/my shoulder. Since we came in late and the hotel was quite full, we took a smoking room for the 2 beds. The room was nicely sized with a full desk. The room did not have either a microwave or a refrigerator, 2 items I feel should be in every rhotel oom as standard. The front desk clerk said that the 1 bed rooms had the stove and fridge. The bathroom sink drained so slowly it was barely useable. We planned a multi-day stay but left after the first night. Constant noise of car and truck traffic could be heard in the room all night,

Reviewed 11 July 2011

We had an outstanding 2 days here. The place was clean and the staff was very helpful. The price was great.

1  Thank 2travels206
Reviewed 9 July 2011

I go to FL once or twice a year to visit my son, daughter and fam. during Christmas and 4th July weekend. Last year was my first bad experience w them, there was a leak and there were puddles of water in the hallway and lobby. This year was the worse, 1st day there, me and my wife found ticks on our bed, they then moved us to a new room. 2nd day the maids did not clean our room and we were so embarassed since we had friends/fam that came back to hotel w/ me and my wife. On the 3rd day they did not clean our room again! we came to the room to set it up to cut a birthday cake for my daughter, i had to tk everyone to a restaurant since our room was not cleaned by the maids... the next day they finally clean the rooms but then forget to leave waste baskets! so i left garbage in hallway. I drive all the way from CT to FL and all i want is a peaceful and relaxing stay... Never again will i stay at La Quinta!!!!!!!

4  Thank eddypim
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Close to the airport!
Clean and friendly.
Beautiful pool and spa area.
We will use it again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Arrived after pre-paying online and waited 30 minutes for the front desk clerk to come back from where they were "helping a guest". The front desk phone rang off the hook the entire time. I am not exaggerating. I checked my watch. I came Easter weekend and the front lobby elevator was broken. Two days later it was still nonfunctional.
Gym equipment is outdated and powered by you, not electricity. Tiny fitness area. Outdoor pool looked ok. I didn't have time to use it.
You are right off i4 but drive 2 miles down a business park access road to get to it so it's nice and quiet from traffic standpoint. I only heard dogs in the morning.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Mo4less
Reviewed 6 May 2011

My husband’s review of the place: My two young boys and I stayed at this property last week for the anticipated April 29th launch of the Endeavour. This was my FIRST stay at a LQ. The location is excellent, right off of RT4, away from all the hustle and bustle of MickeyTown and the other tourist traps. Also, it was VERY EASY to get to 95S to get down to the coast for the launch - which never went =(. Anyhow, the hotel is in a nice business district of Lake Mary, with several strip malls and eateries within a 5 min drive. The place was clean with friendly and helpful staff.

I had a king size room, which was adequate for the three of us. The A/C kept the room nice and cold. It had a microwave, coffeemaker, small fridge. After the 2nd day I found out the refrigerator wasn’t keeping items cold. I brought this to the attention of the front desk, and they fixed the issue while we were out swimming – very fast! Bedding was excellent – firm supportive comfortable mattress, excellent pillows. Outdated tv, but had a good variety of channels.

The pool / jacuzzi area was nice and clean. There was a very small gym, but the treadmill was out of service. They didn’t put up a sign notifying anyone that the treadmill didn’t work – which should’ve been done in my opinion so guests wouldn’t have to figure out if it worked or not. There was a TV and a drinking fountain (but it wasn’t cold enough). One thing to note, this is a PET-FRIENDLY hotel, but you couldn’t really even tell. It didn’t smell, didn’t really see any stains, just heard a random bark now and then.

Breakfast: make your own waffles, boiled eggs, bread/bagels for toasting, 2 cereals, coffee, orange/apple juice, oatmeal packets, yogurt, muffins. Very adequate for this type of hotel!! I honestly couldn’t find anything glaring or wrong with my stay. It was great for the ‘guys only’ weekend away! Even though the shuttle didn’t launch, we enjoyed the pool, hot tub, exercise center, and just plain hanging around in the area – enjoying restaurants we don’t have up in WNY. Free Wi-Fi throughout the property, and in the room was also a nice touch. Nice job LQ!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family