“Best In Lake Mary”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Bellflower, CA
“Best In Lake Mary”
Reviewed 29 May 2011

I stayed in a king suite 414 from 5/21-5/28/2011 and I have to say that everything about this hotel exceeded my expectations. Check in took me all of 5 minutes and the desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Arriving at my room, I was surprised at how spacious it was, even for a suite. Room smelled fresh and clean too. Bathroom area was neat and clean and I am very picky about that so I was happy. The bed was extremely comfortable, soft sheets and tons of pillows. The woman cleaning my room each day was very quick and thorough, and she kept my toiletries stocked. I tend to shower a lot when in and out of the Florida sun so I use a lot of shampoo and conditioner during my stays, but I never once ran out. Large LCD televisions in bedroom as well as sitting room, TV also swiveled so I could watch from the eating/kitchen/work area. Sofa and chair/ottoman were both comfortable to sit on and I liked that there was a coffee table so I could work there instead of on the eating area in the kitchen if I wanted to. Wireless worked flawlessly never dropped signal. There was a stove top with 2 burners as well as a microwave and an apartment size refridgerator. Everything was clean and tidy. I had read a few negative reviews before my stay, but I had no issues with anything. The exterior and interior common areas were all very clean and well kept, which is always a good sign. The pool area was nice and the lounge chairs were thick and comfortable. They have a complimentary business center, a fitness center ( being renovated when I was there, but they offered free passes to an actual gym down the street for their guest to use during renovation) My room faced the back of the property towards their sister hotel. Noise from I-4 could be heard with the window open, but it was not too loud and anyway, how often are you going to have your window open in the Florida heat? I open mine occasionally just for fresh air. There was a breakfast buffed each morning with the standard assortment ot muffins,bagels, yogurts, hot and cold cereal, fresh fruits, scrambled eggs, sausage etc. the guys working it kept it stocked and replenished as necessary. I do like to eat breakfast but don't always have time to go out and get it, so this was a nice extra. They also serve a dinner buffet Monday - Thursday which I took advantage of twice because I didnt feel like going anywhere. They have a menu posted on the refrigerator letting you know what is being served each day which I found helpful. The dinner food wasnt bad, salads, sides and an entree, nothing to brag about but if you dont feel like going out or if you just want a quick snack it was more than adequate. I don't drink, but they also had free beer and wine for dinner. To the reviewers that complained about the variety or quality of the provided buffet food, all I can say is if you don't like it, there are plenty of food options within walking distance of this hotel. I myself prefer to try new restaurants when I am in a new town, but like I said there were 2 nights that I ate the dinner and it was pretty good for free. And the breakfasts are on par with any other hotel breakfast buffets, true a waffle iron would be nice but come on, if you really have to have waffles there is a Bob Evans right across the street, and I'm sure you an get waffles there. For me, this hotel has it all, perfect location in relation to shopping, restaruants as well as corporate office parks, nice price, friendly helpful staff and clean environment. They will even do a little grocery shopping for you if you leave the list they have with the front desk. They don't have their own restaruant for room service, but the last day or so I was there they started offering room service from The Tilted Kilt, which is a restaurant / pub nearby. They do charge for those two services, but convenience always has a price and even though I'd probably never use its nice to know these services are available. This will be my hotel from now on when I travel to Lake Mary, Florida!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank heyjudes22
HWSgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary, responded to this review, 9 June 2011
Wow! What a great advertisement for our hotel - free of charge! It is solely for comments such as yours that make our jobs here worthwhile. We're glad that you were so happy with your stay, and guess what - we do occasionally have fresh waffles! Next time you come, just request Chef Guy to put the waffle iron out in the morning for you.
We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 8 March 2011

I do not have a single bad thing to say about this hotel. We showed up a night early with no reservation, but the agent was accommodating and found us a room. This was a business trip, but I brought my family along and we stayed over the weekend to make it a vacation. Even though I did not request a specific room location, the hotel put me in a room that could not have been better - near the pool, on the first floor and against a hallway so there was only a room above and a room on one side. With 3 children, this location was perfect!

We were there for a week so having the small kitchen area and the separate living / sleeping area was wonderful! The hotel was clean, every single person we interacted with on the staff was polite, friendly and helpful. The breakfast dinner items each day were well prepared and tasted great.

This hotel will be our hotel of choice on any return visits to the area!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank happygolucky993
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you were happy with the location of your room. Indeed your children must have had a ball in the pool with the hot Florida sunshine making that the coolest place to be.
We are happy to hear that we will be your destination of choice on your next business trip to Lake Mary. Hope to see you soon!
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 11 February 2011

We had a great stay at this hotel. We arrived early, and they let us get into our room without any extra charge. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The hotel was very quiet. Everything was really top notch and the price was right. It's definitely one of the best hotels we've ever stayed at and we plan on visiting this area a few more times over the next couple of years and plan on choosing this hotel again. The only reason I gave 3 stars for cleanliness is because we found some old cookies behind the couch that we cleaned up ourselves. This did not really bother us and I'm sure it was a rare oversight. Keep up the good work Homewood Suites!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
HWSgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary, responded to this review, 15 February 2011
Thank you for the kind review. I am happy that the staff was able to accommodate your early arrival.
I am also grateful for the feedback on the cookie crumbs. Because of this feedback we realized a great opportunity for a housekeeping training session. It is through feedback such as yours that we can continue to improve out hotel.
We hope to see you soon and often!
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Excellent facility. Allowed us to check in early at no charge (I had preselected our room). Front desk (especially Jonas) was very accommodating. 2 BR 2 Bath Suite was very clean, fresh and sharp - not worn. Elevator was very convenient. Good location, easy access from I-4, plenty of nearby restaurants, shopping. Housekeeping did a great job. Managers reception (light dinner) was good.

A few minor cons: breakfast had fewer selections than I usually see at other properties. Business Center computer performance was terrible - but Jonas printed what I needed at the front desk. (Didn't use wireless - had my email account password highjacked at a Houston Homewood Suites).

Cost was fantastic (prepaid internet) compared to other local facilities.

Try this hotel - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Randy3385
Thank you so much for the great review! We agree that the advance purchase option on the internet allows for a great rate. It shows that you are a very tech savvy person to choose it! We can't wait to see you again. Please ask for me when you check in so that I may thank you in person for this review.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 28 January 2011

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and will be returning next year for our annual conference! The staff was warm and welcoming and the hotel was beautiful! The one thing that really impressed me was the dinner and complimentery wine and beer that was included with the room rate

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
HWSgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary, responded to this review, 31 January 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review! I am pleased that you enjoyed our manager's dinner. I remember your group and you specifically. What a fun group! I hope you remember us next year for your meeting needs. The staff and I will be waiting for you.
daytona beach
Reviewed 22 January 2011

We found the staff to be very professional and friendly, lobby and common areas clean and new looking. One of the largest suites we have ever been in - very comfortable and clean with a full kitchen and separate room for the bedroom. We stayed only one night but will return in the future.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
HWSgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary, responded to this review, 27 January 2011
Thank you for taking time to review your stay at our Homewood Suites by Hilton in Lake Mary. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Please let us know that you are a trip advisor poster when you make your next reservation. I would love to personally thank you.
We hope to see you soon and often!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 2 October 2010

Please, if you are going to make reservations at this Hotel, I would call many times before going to confirm you reservations with the Hotel. I made reservations 2 months in advance and got an additional confirmation email a week prior stating that my reservation was confirmed. Once I arrived they (Kim the manager) state that they had overbooked and that there was no room for me. In the twenty years of travel for work, this is the first time this has happened. If you are going to stay in Lake Mary, Florida, there are may other better hotels near by, so look at others before reserving at this hotel. Stay away from this hotel if you can.

Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank umdfpe
HWSgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary, responded to this review, 20 October 2010
We hate it when we have to turn away great customers such as you! Unfortunately, as with airlines, sometimes hotels overbook and it is necessary to "walk" them next door to another great Hilton property. We are truly sorry that you were upset and hope that our picking up the tab for your first night in the other Hilton brand hotel helped.