“For anyone planning a trip to Central Florida You can do no better than choose this hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Denny, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

The accomodation at Homewood Suites is excellent, you get a bedroom en suite with a king size bed. A tv in the bedroom and one in the living room which also has a fridge freezer and cooking facilities. There is a cooked breakfast every morning as well as a good choice of cereals, fruit juice, toast, bagels fruit and coffee.

On Mondays to Thursday from 5p.m. to 7 p.m. there is a light supper available.

For anyone travelling to Central Florida on business or vacation Homewood Suites will tick all the boxes. Disney, Universal Studios, Sea World, Cape Canaveral and the beaches at Daytona and New Smyrna are all about 45 minutes drive. My wife and I stayed in this hotel from 19 November till 8 December and found all the staff courtious and very friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Harry249
Kimberly H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted that you found our hotel perfect for your American vacation. We are the only brand that offers a full dinner, Monday through Thursday, included in the room rate and I am happy that you realized the value. We value our great guest as well and can't wait until you return!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Hubbard, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012 via mobile

We had the opportunity to try this hotel out during our daughters work update... She and her family invited us down... Mixing Disney in with the work.. We're big on property stayers but tried this out for the first time.

The hotel and amenities are fantastic but it's too far from Disneyworld to make the trip and stay comfortable for us... We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again but not for a WDW vacation.

Can't beat it for free breakfast and free dinners, especially for the price.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Grumpy507
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you had a wonderful experience. We are proud that you found the value in your experience. Although we are quite a distance from Disney World, we are only 30 minutes from Universal, so perhaps next vacation could be there and we would be happy to host you again. I look forward to seeing you soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

I spent a week at this Homewood Suites in September. I was put in a 2nd floor room and a corner room. The lobby noise can be heard in this room and there were 2 large meetings going on the week I was in the hotel. The desk staff was professional but not friendly. The lobby/food staff was very friendly. Dinner and breakfast were typical Homewood Suite fare.

Stayed September 2012
2 Thank David W
Thank you for your review. I am disappointed that you were disturbed by meetings in our public facilities. I certainly hope you return to allow us an opportunity to offer you a suite in another area of the hotel and you can experience a wonderful stay.
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

So many nice things to say about this hotel.
Upon check in a nice young lady, Sarah, was very helpful making sure we knew enough
about the area for eating and shopping. Her personality set off the 4 nights to a great start.
The room was large, clean and comfortable. Waking up to such a nice breakfast was an added
benefit, as well as the general friendliness of the staff.
Upon check out, surprisingly Sarah was there to help us check out - yes, would stay there again.
PS: Love the bath products, especially since they are Bath & Body Works.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Love2cook
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that your stay was great. We agree that Sarah is a gem and she exemplifies the warmth and hospitality of our brand. I certainly hope you return soon and I get the opportunity to meet you and thank you in person.
Spanaway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

We always enjoy staying at the Homewood Suites Lake Mary when we visit my husband's parents in Wekiva Falls, Florida. We have lots of choices of places to stay, but we always return here! They offer a great variety of breakfast choices (free) and a light dinner Monday - Thursday evenings! There are cookies on the counter after 3 pm also! There is a pool outdoors, an indoor fitness center, coin-op laundry facilities ($2/wash/$2 dry) on the 2nd floor, very roomy suites with a separate bedroom from the living room. And the staff at the Homewood suites is very helpful and accommodating! It's right off Lake Mary Boulevard and I-4 so easy access! As I said, there are lots of choices in the area of places to stay, but we always keep returning to the Homewood suites. Oh, and the rooms are quiet! You can open your windows if you want fresh air, and when it's hot you also have a/c! The rooms also have free internet!

Room Tip: We've been on the 1st floor and the 5th floor, not a bad room around. If you are a non-smoker...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Sherry H
Thank you for your kind review and thank you for being a loyal return customer. I was especially delighted to hear that you have stayed on the 5th floor, are a non-smoker and found it to be just as delightful experience as the 1st floor. Our only smoking rooms are located on the lower end of the 5th floor and we strive to keep it contained to that area. It sounds like we are doing a good job. Since you return every year and we are undergoing a full renovation in June, I can't wait until you return next year to get your opinion!
Largo, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

I'm in my second week here at this hotel. I'm here for business. I was here for 5 days last week. I'm 1 day into my second week. Here is my review:

The pros: I really like the area. The hotel is very nice. The free breakfast is excellent. The staff is very friendly. The pool and courtyard area are very nice. The bed is comfy. Bathrooms are clean. The Internet connection is suitable for someone like me who travels a lot. I like to FaceTime with my family back home. The kitchen area in the rooms is nice.

I would have given this hotel 5 stars if hadn't been for this negative: In my first week, I didn't exactly sleep well. The AC unit is in the bedroom. It seems to be inaccurate with the temperature. I keep my air at 75 at night back home. To be comfortable, I have to set these units to about 66. If I were to set my unit back home to 66, I would be freezing. Even worse, the unit turns on and off frequently and is VERY loud. It wakes me up multiple times per night. I thought it was just the unit in my room last week. So, I gave it another shot this week. But, this one is exactly the same. I try to put a pillow over my ears to sleep and I have tried to get the room to a stable temperature to where it doesn't turn on and off a lot. But, I have not been successful.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mavtech
Thank you so much for your review. Your thoughts and comments are encouraging to hear. I think you will be happy to hear that we take our customers' reviews seriously and have ordered 100% new air conditioning units for our property that are in production right now and due to be delivered the second week of January. Once those are in place I hope you return to give us a five star review.
Kim Hayden, General Manager
Cypress, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

First of all, I do apologize for my being late with my review. I thought that I had reviewed the hotel but realized that I didn't.

I was in town to attend a Army buddy of mine wedding (why is he getting married a 3rd time) and I had the pleasure of staying at the Homewood Suites Lake Mary in early September. I found it to be in both a great location (close to the freeway but didn't have the freeway noise and I left my window open both day and night since I was on the second floor), restaurants (Chipotle, KFC, McDonalds, etc...), business complex, and a mall (less then 5 miles away) so you can get your shopping on.

I found the hotel and rooms to be very clean and roomy as always. I tend to stay at either the Homewood or Embassy because I like the suites and the room that they offer but I do tend to favor the Homewood brand. I had a single king bed suite and the bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows.

From the front desk agent, the house keepers and the breakfast staff, I experienced no issues what so ever and found my interactions with the staff to be both professional, courteous and plenty of smiles.

There was plenty of parking available for your car and I was able to park very close to my room each night. I found the food at both the breakfast and the manager's reception to be more then adequate in selection and taste good. With the complimentary breakfast and managers reception, I figure that I save $25--$30 per day, I highly suggest that you leave a tip for the breakfast staff.

I booked directly through the Homewood/Hilton website and found the rate to be very pocket friendly.

I would highly recommend this property to a single traveler or a family since I didn't find anything to make me feel unsafe. So if you are traveling to the Orlando/Lake Mary area you won't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank dbanksiii64
Kimberly H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Thank you for the review. We agree that being on this side of I-4 is better if you are looking for peace and quiet, but still would like to have all of the conveniences close.
Many people still do not realize that Homewood Suites by Hilton is the only select-service hotel that offers not only a full hot breakfast, but a full hot dinner with beer and wine included in the room rate. It's great when someone notices the value in that.
I hope to see you soon and often!
Kim Hayden