“Accomodations were great; Great Place to Stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Juno Beach, Florida
“Accomodations were great; Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2010

My 4 night stay at Homewood Suites in Lake Mary was great! Accomodations, breakfast & nightly Manager's buffet were great. I normally stay at the Hilton chain (Hampton Inn), and occasionally I get to experience the upscale Hilton brands. Its a great place to stay and I would not think twice....

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
HWSgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary, responded to this review, 26 April 2010
Thank you so much for the great review! We think our breakfast and reception are great too, but then again, we know that the great guests contribute to the wonderful atmosphere just as much.
Hope to see you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Sebastian, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2010

As other reviewers have said, this hotel is right off Lake Mary Blvd and I-4 and very close to both shopping and restaurants . Macaroni Grille is right next door and there is a Longhorn Steakhouse and Chilis also close. In terms of other restaurants there is a Greek restaurant about a half mile away which has all home made greek food and is to die for but unfortunately I don't recall the name; it is in a strip mall off Lake Emma Boulevard almost across the road (across Lake Mary Blvd) from the hotel .

The room was very large and unlike other reviewers I did not smell cigarette smoke and I am highly sensititive to it and would have asked to have been moved. I was on the 3rd floor near the elevators. Despite the fact that the rooms are large, the heating/Ac unit in the wall in a bit noisy to me==I am a light sleeper and it was annoying. It was not to the point that I wouldn't stay here again, but that was my only complaint.

There was a mall in Sanford accessible via Primera Blvd and there was limited shopping in Lake Mary.

Breakfast was fine with many choices - healthy and unhealthy and service was VG.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
HWSgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary, responded to this review, 1 March 2010
Thank you so much for your review. The staff and management appreciate your business. We hope to see you soon and often!
florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2010

I stayed at this Homewood Suites for the ability to have a kitchen while on business for one month. During the second, third, and fourth weeks that I stayed (in three different rooms!) I experienced an ongoing cockroach problem. It started small when I found only one large roach crawling across the desk, I switched rooms and from there, the problem only got to be more frequent until which timethat I was killing multiple roaches on a daily basis. Though the front desk staff was as accomodating as I might ask, the management of the local hotel AND those at the 800 number for CS were avoidant, dismissive, and generally rude about this situation. In the end, they told me that they felt that I had not experienced any cockroaches !!!! and that nothing was to be done, not even a simple apology for any inconvenience. I was denied any kind of refund and they even had the gumption to ask if I wanted to book the hotel again!!! I will not stay here or at any other Hilton property as a result of this experience.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank amrpu01
This guest's complaints of cockroaches were investigated in every room that she was moved to. Our pest control service was called on every instance and found no evidence of insect activity. They suggested maybe the insects were contained in their luggage and therefore would explain why this was the only guest experiencing any problems.
We follow a very strict monthly pest control regimen with a nationally recognized service and keep documented logs.
Henry County, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2010

After many stays in many cities I've finally found a Hotel that feels like home. I did not even take in any of the attractions of Orlando because I was entirely too comfortable in my room. As fas as a happy median between affordable and comfortable, you will not find a better place to stay.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank silentm999
HWSgm, General Manger at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary, responded to this review, 1 March 2010
Thank you so much for the kind review. The staff and management take pride in offering fantastic accommodations at reasonable prices. Wonderful guests make our job so very enjoyable!
Columbia, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2009

Every thing was great about our stay. We were given complimentary dinner and breakfast and coupons to use the gym across the street. Very comfortable, roomy suite. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Thank you for the great review. We wish you could have stayed longer too!! Guests like you make our job so worthwhile!
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2009

The best thing about this hotel is its location being right off Lake Mary Blvd and I-4. There are several restaurants all around including TGI next door. The expansive rooms and comfortable beds are the next best thing. The hotel staff gave me a room of my choice and was helpful and courteous throughout. Hot breakfast options were great most of the time though they occsionally struggled during full occupany. Minor irritant - Tardy housekeeping on a couple of Sundays. Overall, a comfortable place for business travelers on an extended stay like me on four factors - rate, location, service and amenities.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Thank you for the glowing review! We think our hotel is great and are glad you agree! Please let us know next time you return and we will make sure housekeeping is aware a VIP is in house and we'll service your room at your request!
orlando, florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2009

This is an older homewood. It is so old that they previously had smoking rooms, and we were unfortunate to have stayed in a room previously used by smokers. The hotel has been well kept. The breakfast and reception are homewood quality. To the hotel's credit, they repainted the smoking rooms in an attempt, I presume, to remove the odor. However, it was still apparent in the room (drapes, furniture, carpet, etc). The hotel is ok, just make sure your room is (and was) a nonsmoking room. This was our fifth stay at this homewood due to work/vacation but I'm not sure we will stay at this homewood again - especially if it is a popular time of year. FYI - I am hilton gold and this one does mostly measure up to homewood standards, just be careful.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank rggsquared
Thank you so much for taking time to review your stay! We do indeed have smoking rooms available but they are contained on one floor in one area. Please be sure to let us know on your next visit that you wish to be far away from the smoking rooms and we will be sure to accommodate you!
We look forward to seeing you again.