“Call before Going, even with Reservation I was Bumped out of Hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Baltimore, Maryland
“Call before Going, even with Reservation I was Bumped out of Hotel”
Reviewed 2 October 2010

Please, if you are going to make reservations at this Hotel, I would call many times before going to confirm you reservations with the Hotel. I made reservations 2 months in advance and got an additional confirmation email a week prior stating that my reservation was confirmed. Once I arrived they (Kim the manager) state that they had overbooked and that there was no room for me. In the twenty years of travel for work, this is the first time this has happened. If you are going to stay in Lake Mary, Florida, there are may other better hotels near by, so look at others before reserving at this hotel. Stay away from this hotel if you can.

Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank umdfpe
HWSgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary, responded to this review, 20 October 2010
We hate it when we have to turn away great customers such as you! Unfortunately, as with airlines, sometimes hotels overbook and it is necessary to "walk" them next door to another great Hilton property. We are truly sorry that you were upset and hope that our picking up the tab for your first night in the other Hilton brand hotel helped.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Our stay at this hotel was horrible. Their rooms have a musty smell and have very very dirty carpets. They rent to locals so there was a lot of noisy party people staying there and there were a lot of strange hoodlums hanging around in the parking lot at night so you feel very unsafe. Our room was very hot for our entire stay . When checking into this hot room, we reported to the front desk how hot the room was and if we could move to another room. The rude front desk person told us no but she would sent up a service guy. This service guy drew the curtains and put in a new ac filter and told us if it doesn‘t cool off by tomorrow then to report it again (he wasn‘t too concerned about us having to sleep that night in a hot room.. The room did cool off at night somewhat but it still wasn’t too comfortable. We weren’t using the room during the day so to not have to deal with the rude front desk people and service guy again, we bought a fan to keep us cool at night. Turns out the window was broken in this room so all the cool air was going outside (this goes to show how un-kept this hotel is). Their breakfast is only about ½ of what other Homewood Suites’ have . The didn’t even have a waffle make and the breakfast juices and milks were always warm (and again, after informing the rude front desk staff, nothing was done about the warm drinks). I spoke to the hotel manager (Kimberly somebody) about out bad stay and she would do nothing to try to satisfy me. She has never heard of the golden rule for customer service (Rule #1 / The customer is always right and Rule #2 / If the customer is ever wrong, then refer back to Rule # 1). After getting loud because I was upset that this manager wouldn’t listen to me, she kicked my out of the hotel and said that she has the right to refuse business to anyone and for me to not to come back (it’s ashamed that she didn’t refuse business to some of the loud locals she’s renting too and maybe our stay wouldn‘t have been so dreadful) . After calling her (only about 5 times) and being hung up on every time, she called the police one me. Thank goodness the police officer listened to me and he understood that she was wrong, but he warned me to not go back or call this hotel again. At this time, I took the matter up the her corporate office and again thank goodness they listened to me too. The corporate office offered me a partial refund but I’m still not happy with this company (especially after having the police called on me). There are too many other hotels in this area, there is no need to give this horrible hotel any of your business. YOUR 100% SATIFICATION IS NOT GUARENTEED @ HOMEWOOD SUITES LAKE MARY, FL

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank DJLoveBear
We take all accusations seriously and are very sorry that you were offended the brand franchise and credit card company upheld the charge on your credit card for the smashed window in your suite. Unfortunately, we must insist that all guest be responsible for damages during their stay.
Pikeville, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Where do I start with this hotel...On the first night there our room was extremely hot, we called and complained about the A/C not working like it should and they sent up a maintenance tech and all he did was change out the filter. After about 3 hours the room started to cool down a little bit. The only way we could keep our room cool during our stay there was to keep the curtians closed. This establishment after I had been checked out for over a week charged my account for $200 for what they say was a broken window in the room that we had stayed in. I personally called and talked to the manager Kim. She proceeded to tell me that the housekeeper said she found the window shattered. Now , common sense should dictiate that If a hotel finds damage after a guest checks out....they should make a few attempts to contact that guest to find out what their side of the story is. This establishment DID NOT even try to make contact with us eventhough they had mine and my wifes Cell numbers. As I told Kim when I finally was able to contact her almost 2 weeks after we had checked out , Prior to our checking out my wife and I make a point to walk thru the room to make sure that we haven't left any of our personal belongings and the general condition of the room. If there had been a window that was broken I would have reported it to the front desk. Kim then told me that she had statements and pictures from her staff and told me that she would look in to it and that she would send me copies of the pictures and statements. That same afternoon I saw another pending charge from that establisment for another $200....This raised the red flags and set of the bells and whistles. Here it is almost a month later and I still have not recieved the information that I requested from the manager. I am throughly disgusted at the lack of customer service from this particuliar establishment and Highly reccommend that if you are traveling thru St.Mary's, FL keep going until you get to around Kirkman Rd and stay at that Homewood suites instead. If you are any type of Gov't employee....AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COST!!!! They will rob you blind after you check out.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank F16and117DCC
Oslo
Reviewed 30 July 2010

We stayed 2 nights at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary in july 2009. The reason we chose this hotel is because it was not located far away from DeLand, where I was going to have my first skydiving experience :-)

I made a quick reservation online for the 1 king bedroom nonsmoking, just took a glimpse at the photos and it looked OK and the price was bearable.

After a drive from Destin it was nice to be greeted by friendly staff and a cozy atmosphere. The room was like a small apartment with a kitchen and dining table, sofa area and a separate bedroom. The room was probably more fitting for a family than 2 turists just passing by :-)

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
HWSgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary, responded to this review, 3 August 2010
Thank you for the kind review. We are glad to have been a part of your exciting trip to the DeLand area. Next time you come over to sky-dive be sure to let us know and we'll be sure to have a nice, relaxing suite reserved for you to unwind in after all of the excitement. Hope to see you again soon!
Virginia
Reviewed 20 July 2010

My husband had a business trip and we brought the family along. This was a great hotel to stay at. We enjoyed everything about it. Location is awesome--very nice business area with plenty of shopping and restaurants close by. We loved the variety and level of quality of food options-our favorite being Ruth's Chris Steakhouse! The hotel staff was efficient, clean and always there. Nightly price of the hotel was also very reasonable. The internet worked wonderfully---not true in most hotels. We stayed at other hotels throughout this trip and this was by far the nicest. We love Homewood Suites!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Thank you so much for the kind reveiw! We are very fortunate to have great surrounding restaurants and equally fortunate to have great guests, such as yourself. We hope to see you again soon!
Juno Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 April 2010

My 4 night stay at Homewood Suites in Lake Mary was great! Accomodations, breakfast & nightly Manager's buffet were great. I normally stay at the Hilton chain (Hampton Inn), and occasionally I get to experience the upscale Hilton brands. Its a great place to stay and I would not think twice....

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
HWSgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary, responded to this review, 26 April 2010
Thank you so much for the great review! We think our breakfast and reception are great too, but then again, we know that the great guests contribute to the wonderful atmosphere just as much.
Hope to see you back soon!
Sebastian, Florida
Reviewed 2 February 2010

As other reviewers have said, this hotel is right off Lake Mary Blvd and I-4 and very close to both shopping and restaurants . Macaroni Grille is right next door and there is a Longhorn Steakhouse and Chilis also close. In terms of other restaurants there is a Greek restaurant about a half mile away which has all home made greek food and is to die for but unfortunately I don't recall the name; it is in a strip mall off Lake Emma Boulevard almost across the road (across Lake Mary Blvd) from the hotel .

The room was very large and unlike other reviewers I did not smell cigarette smoke and I am highly sensititive to it and would have asked to have been moved. I was on the 3rd floor near the elevators. Despite the fact that the rooms are large, the heating/Ac unit in the wall in a bit noisy to me==I am a light sleeper and it was annoying. It was not to the point that I wouldn't stay here again, but that was my only complaint.

There was a mall in Sanford accessible via Primera Blvd and there was limited shopping in Lake Mary.

Breakfast was fine with many choices - healthy and unhealthy and service was VG.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
HWSgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary, responded to this review, 1 March 2010
Thank you so much for your review. The staff and management appreciate your business. We hope to see you soon and often!