I am NOT a fan of the new Bistro concept that is cropping up at Courtyard properties. I travel 3 or 4 nights every week and stay at Hilton, Marriott, and Starwood hotels. Whatever is closest to where I need to be the next day. If I know ahead of time, I avoid Bistro Courtyards, but this one was close to where I needed to be and my buddy, who travels much less, wanted to build his status.
This place is Bistro, which means, unless you press your status on them, you are allowed to pay for your breakfast instead of getting it free. If you want something decent, like eggs or french toast, the wait is 20 minutes or so we thought. Your guess is as good as anyone on how long it will take, so go ahead and get up at least 30 minutes earlier. I needed to anyway because I had to get dressed and go get a paper and coffee before i could start my moring routine. In this case it took 30 minutes get a couple of eggs and some paper thin bacon like you get at low end free morning buffets.
We ended up late for our first appointment. Bistro also means, you don't get a newspaper under your door in the morning. A small number of copies are hung on racks, library style, in a cubby by the coffee for everybody.
Okay, it wouldn't be bad if there was an iHop or something close that can deliver a quality breakfast in a deterministic time frame. But, new Courtyards go out of their way to locate away from other establishments. You can't walk to an iHop or Denny's; you eat here or drive somewhere on the way. Same problem when you want a drink or dinner, these people want your money and aren't handy to a retail area with nice places to eat or hang out.
Sorry, but these Bistros mess up my rhythm when I travel and tend to get me off on the wrong foot. No paper, no breakfast, no place to walk too.
I don't like the Bistro concept!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will love our Courtyard Orlando Lake Mary North hotel. We are located at I-4, between Daytona and Orlando - 7 miles from Orlando Sanford Int'l Airport, and only minutes from SeaWorld, Universal, Walt Disney World, Seminole Soccer Complex and Daytona Beach. Local area businesses include; AAA Headquarters, Remington College, Convergys, Symantec, Chase, and Seminole State College. Our Lake Mary hotel features stylish, modern decor, as well as free Wi-Fi, 36" flat-screen TVs, mini-refrigerators and microwaves. Choose between rooms with one king or two double beds - perfect for sports teams. Our Bistro offers delightful breakfasts and dinners with beverages from Starbucks, and an evening full bar. Eat. Drink.Connect. After a long day, relieve your stress in our state of the art fitness facilty, and unwind in our refreshing pool, or bubbling hot tub. Then sink into a plush bed with cotton-rich linens and fluffy pillows. At the Courtyard Lake Mary, achieve the ultimate experience between business & pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Orlando Lake Mary/North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Orlando Lake Mary North Hotel Lake Mary
- Courtyard Heathrow
- Courtyard Hotel Heathrow
- Heathrow Marriott
- Heathrow Courtyard
- Courtyard Orlando Lake Mary/North Florida