“Home Away from Home”

Courtyard Orlando Lake Mary/North
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Reviewed 26 December 2012

The Courtyard by Marriott, Lake Mary, FL has hosted our monthly educational meeting for 5 months and each time I return, I feel like I'm returning home again. Although I only visit monthly, Sheena greets me by name when I check in and the rest of the staff makes me feel equally welcome. During my last visit, I arrived a little "out of sorts" realizing that I had left my wallet at home, almost three hours away. I arrived to the hotel with no money, credit cards, or ID. What could have been a horrific experience at another facility, further endured me to this hotel and it's amazing staff. Tia immediately took me into the Bistro, which by the way was closed, and made sure I had something to eat before retiring for the evening. Thank you Greg, Lyndsey, Nick, Tia, and Sheena for another great experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 December 2012

The staff and management of this location will absolutely make sure that you enjoy your stay!

I have been staying at the Lake Mary/Heathrow Courtyard for years and have personally observed guests arrive frazzled from travel and business demands and watched them unwind as the Courtyard people provide top notch attention to guests needs.

The work out gym has been completely renovated with new state of the art equipment, the Bistro features quick but tasty gourmet fare and adult beverages (also Starbucks!) until 10PM nightly and the holiday decorations create a festive atmosphere!

The experienced staff feature a manager from France, an assistant manager from Scotland and many staff members from around the world. Many are bilingual and all are friendly and approachable. They are knowledgeable and sharing about the abundance of restaurant and shopping opportunities in the area and can arrange for business meeting space or telephone conferences on short notice.

Be sure to let them know whatever will make your stay more enjoyable...

Room Tip: If you are staying for more than a night then request a poolside/water view room with a balcony. It...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We have been staying at this hotel for years. What brings us back time and again is their location (within 2 hours of many spots in Florida where we do business) their great weekend rates, good restaurants nearby and their staff. The staff is great: Sheena and Nick at the front desk and Tia in the Bistro, among others whose names I don't know.
We find their weekend rates hard to beat. Their Bistro is very good for breakfast and probably good for dinner although we haven't tried that meal. We really like the restaurants within a mile or so: Peach Valley Cafe for breakfast and Memories of India and Stonewood Grill (not at all bad for a small chain restaurant with a good happy hour) for dinner.
There is a decent gym in the hotel too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing I-4.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
CourtyardCLM, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Lake Mary/North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

We truly appreciate your kind words and we will look for you to stay with us again! I will pass on your comments to the staff and will tell Tia to get you in for a lovely meal at night at our Bistro. Again, thank you for choosing the Courtyard as your hotel of choice here in Lake Mary.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon eight years ago. We had to stay here again for one night after tropical storm Isaac cancelled our flight and the Dolphin hotel did not have any rooms available. Needless to say, we should have stayed at the hotel for our whole stay in Orlando. The hotel was cleaner then the Dolphin, the staff was nicer, and we had no problems with our room. If we stay in Orlando again, we will definitely consider staying at this hotel again.

We stayed at this hotel on August 26, 2012.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here in April 2011 for 1 night. It was off the highway and set back from the road. Very nice property. We both LOVED the rooms, the beds were amazingly comfortable and we loved the way they decorated it. It was a little drive to Orlando, but it wasn;t a bad drive at all. My husband talks about this place to this day... Staff was friendly and the hotel was very clean!! Would recommend it and stay here again!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
CourtyardCLM, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Lake Mary/North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. We all work very hard in being the best we can be for our guests. We look forward in having you stay with us again! It is truly our pleasure.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Rate was reasonable but location is not good. Highway is very loud. Rooms are outdated and uncomfortable. Worst part the parking area is not well lighted. Very scary. Not what I expected from a courtyard.

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for yor comments. We constantly look at ways to improve our hotel and we will have our staff look into the issues you discussed. Rest assured we constantly strive to provid eth every best in service and product.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed over night and found all the people working at the hotel to be super. The people the from desk were extremely friendly and were a great help in finding a place to eat. The new layout with the bistro is kind of expensive for breakfast but the food is quite good and worth the money. The service was quick and the guy cooking was also very pleasant

Room Tip: rooms were nice
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family