“A good place to rest up”

Courtyard Orlando Lake Mary/North
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Oakville, Canada
“A good place to rest up”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped here after a 12 hour drive. Reception was great as expected from a Courtyard. I received the room we wanted and was greeted with a welcoming note. Nice touch.
We opted to have late dinner in the bistro - the service was wonderful as were the sandwiches we ordered. Food and drinks were a bit pricey but when you're tired and need something without fuss that tastes fine, this was the place for us. Definitely would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I am a fan of Marriott but this place needs an update, or at least my room seemed like it. Over all it was ok.The staff of course was very nice. Im not a fan of the new food area in the lobby. Liked the breakfast area before. I think they fixed up the lobby but not the rooms yet.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardCLM, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Lake Mary/North, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
I wish to thank you for your comments. We strive to offer the very best to our guests and we are constantly updating and improving our hotel as best we can, and I am sure upon your next visit you will see this. Until you visit us again wishing you the very best in travels.

Kindest Regards
Clear Lake, Iowa
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My husband and I just returned from a great vacation to Florida and the Bahamas- We were flying out of the Sanford Airport and was ready to spend a nice relaxing evening on our last night of vacation- We did not have hotel reservations so we were searching online for a room- We decided to check out in person each of the hotels (5) that we had searched- The Courtyard was our 3rd stop- we were welcomed by a great staff!- they must of just came out of a meeting, all were laughing and you could tell that they enjoyed each other. Of course we decided to stay!- Nice pool, hot tub, drink specials, comfy bed, clean room, breakfast bistro, etc- Every staff member we met went out of their way to make sure we had what we needed- What a great way to spend our last night before flying home--- Thank you to all of the staff and management that worked April 3rd, 2014!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JKKR2014
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and I can say I'm glad it was only one night! The bed was so worn I nearly rolled out of it. The carpet was extremely stained (but to their credit the were cleaning it which we received a call at 9:00 am to tell us the carpet cleaning crew was on their way which was just lovely j/k). The shower was rusty and dripped all night. One of the poorest condition Courtyards I've stayed in and I travel for work!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
CourtyardCLM, Manager at Courtyard Orlando Lake Mary/North, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your concerns.

I am sorry that you didn't receive a letter at check in regarding the carpet cleaning service coming in. We always look to have the rooms serviced and maintained to our best abilities. I will have engineering look into the shower and faucet accordingly. We look forward in having you come back and stay with us so you can see all matters were attended to.

Kindest Regards
Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I book meetings with this hotel very often and twice they just pushed us out because of larger costumer. I would not recommend anyone use them as they have no sense of commitment. We booked the meeting room months in advance and they won't honor their commitment.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardCLM, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Lake Mary/North, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
We are sorry you feel this way as we try and accommodate all our clients and work with them accordingly when conflicting matters arise. As we were able to accommodate your meeting, all ended well and we look to have back with us in the future.
Tampa
Reviewed 10 March 2014

You felt like you were being coddled along with everyone else at this fine hotel. They were hosting a wedding party the weekend that we spent at the hotel and there were also a lot of our senior softball players in the hotel for a softball tournament and I got nothing but great reviews from everyone about the staff and the facilities. Everyone that I had contact with was very friendly and accommodating and did their best to make our stay pleasant.

Room Tip: Our party used about 20 rooms and none were bad. There doesn't appear to us to be a bad room in...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Duane J
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I booked a meeting at this hotel and extended my stay for other business while in the area. The staff was incredibly accomodating. Michele Pavlik the Sales Manager was easy to work with and helped to make our meeting a success. From team members that were overnight guest at the hotel to the team members that just participated in the meeting all of the comments received were very positive. I will definitely use this hotel again for other meetings as well as recommend it to anyone I know staying in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business