“Room with a view”

Harbor Lights Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Out in the woods is this cute medium sized restaurant with AUCE buffet. Home made food and desserts. A little disappointment though I have heard for years about this place and had never gotten a chance to go. Was ready for AUCE Crab legs but no more. Did have them added on at 3 clusters for $8.00. Worth the ride and price.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

great buffet and excellent view of the lake. just follow the signs to great food in a romantic setting.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This restaurant use to be one of my favorites. I even recommended my social group that this is the place to go. Although it seemed like just yesterday when I last visited this restaurant. In actuality it had been 25 years. I hoped the fantastic seafood buffet was the same after recommending this to the group. We arranged to visit on a Saturday night. When My wife and I arrived we didn't see many vehicles but the exterior of the restaurant looked the same. It is picture-esc on the lake so nice. We thought one of the leaders made reservations because back in the day this place would fill up to the max! But outside the door was a blackboard listing a few choices. Of course the prices had increased but not much considering the past time. But to my dismay NO SEAFOOD BUFFET! I was shocked and I would be held responsible to my group for this recommendation. We entered the restaurant and it was clean and tidy but did show some wear. We were told the reservation wasn't needed they had plenty of tables available. We were seated and waited on the rest of our group. I ventured to check out the buffet and was shocked. It looked like a truck stop assortment of usual fare. No crab legs, oysters, frog legs, mud bugs, just fried catfish and undercooked beef roast. Luckily only one other couple showed up that night and they covered for me by stretching the truth about our experience a bit. Needless to say I would not return and it just goes to show you can never go back home.

3  Thank JB B
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We went here a few nights ago with another couple. I had been here once or twice, but it was over 10 years ago. Everything was ok, but not outstanding. So considering the cost of the buffet we were all disappointed. The buffet is promoted as a seafood buffet, but they charge extra for almost all of the seafood items. On the positive side the view of the lake and the area by the lake are nice. Also, the restrooms could use some updating and extra attention.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

The buffet was great. A ittle pricey, but a good selection of food. Outstanding location and grounds.