“Unhappy Will Never Visit Again!”

Manny's Original Chophouse
Ranked #2 of 79 Restaurants in Lake Wales
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
“Unhappy Will Never Visit Again!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Due to health reasons I take a drink with me everywhere I go. I was no told upon entering establishment that they don't allow outside drinks only after taking and delivering my families order after leaving it on table manager sent server back to say "they don't allow drinks from anywhere else to be brought into the restaurant" I explained that nobody told me that when we entered as well there was a man standing up front near the bar area with a styrofoam cup from racetrac but if she would bring me a glass I would be happy to pour it in another glass as it was basically just ice and pitch my McDonalds cup. She left and came back to say they could not do that either. Then proceeded to ask if I would like something else to drink to which I replied, no I will finish cutting my childs steak and I will take my cup of ice and go out to the car and wait and I will not ever come back here. How rude, if that is an issue first and foremost the hostess should immediately say something at
the door, secondly it should be clearly posted outside and finally instead of sending an insecure server the manager should have addressed it himself, but I guess Sonny doesn't really have the necessary people or problem resolution skills to do what it takes to be an effective customer service oriented manager. He will lose customers and employees if he continues to be manager for Manny's. He already lost at least 5 families that used to frequent his establishment.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Karen W

Pinellas Park, Florida
“Good Food, Great Service, Great Value...”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We were visiting Lake Wales for the first time and noticed the high rating given on TripAdvisor for this restaurant. We were in town for two nights and planned on eating at two different restaurants. Didn't happen... We tried the Early Bird menu at Manny's Chop House and went right back there the second night. Food was delicious, service was great, and the value was unbeatable. They were extremely busy the first night so we had to wait awhile for a table, but we didn't wait at all the second night. We'll eat there again when we get a chance.

• Visited March 2014
Halifax, Canada
“An Experience!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I should start this by saying that the food was very good. I had the ribs and the meat just fell right off the bone. The salad they give to start off with was also delicious.

This would not have been a place I would have chosen if going by myself. There is absolutely no ambiance whatsoever. The interior looks like a bikers place.

Visited March 2014
Florida
“Great Value, Good Food and Loud”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Wednesday feature, bogo fajitas and beer. Can't beat the value and the food was tasty. I would have liked some green peppers with the fajitas, but they came with steak, onions, cheese, lettuce a little pico & guacamole. We arrived at 5:45 and were seated at 6:15. Main complaint was that it was very loud inside, but it is a great restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
Winter Haven, Florida
“Great steaks!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Manny shad a line outside by 4:30 most nights. However, if you go around 6:30-7:00, the wait isn't too long because the early birds have gone. The steaks are always cooked like I ordered, tender, and tasty. The fried shrimp is delicious and lightly breaded. There tossed- at-the-the-table salad is a favorite, too.

• Visited February 2014