I stayed for 2 nights, 3 days. I was lecturing at a conference nearby the first two days. Afternoon the second day my family met me and we spent day 3 @ Legoland. The property was very clean. Very minimal noise from other rooms, hallway and outside (I am extremely sensitive to extraneous noise). The bed was wonderful as were the pillows. Numerous pilllows on the bed - half marked "soft", half "firm". The kids were more than fine on the pull out couch. The room was one large rectangle w/ bathroom. Adjustable A/C worked well on the digital unit (a must for me). I stayed on the first floor near the lobby & front door and slept like a baby, almost no noise after 10pm. The ceiling was unusually high; unsure if that's due to being on the ground floor. The bathroom was solid; standup large shower w/ good pressure and adjustable shower head. The toiletries are unusual; nice cinnamon smell I've never encountered in a hotel. No closet but an alcove with a rod and hangars which I used for suits and shirts (it was fine). Good sized flat screen TV, I would have liked HBO or Cinemax. There is a DVD library in the lobby which rent for free. The staff was extremely responsive. Of note, I was allowed to checki in early. I loathe the ever later & later check in times at many hotels. I requested 3rd floor thinking it would be more quiet. Thankfully I was steered to the first floor b/c I was informed a small college athletic team was staying up there. I ran into the team the next day and they were shockingly respectful and well mannered. Breakfast was varied and plentiful: scrambled eggs, white sausage gravy and large, fresh biscuits, round sausage, cereals, breads, pancakes, milk, coffee, juice, fruit. Not an Embassy Suites breakfast but close. The "gym" was two treadmills, stationary bike and stairclimber - no weights but fine for a short trip. I inspected the pool, it was clean but a little too cool to use in Central FL in November. We took the kids to the new Imperial Lanes; a very large, new bowling alley and game room attached to the mall 5 minutes away (they loved it). The first night when I was alone I just got a sub from Publix. The second night we all ate at Chili's. There is a Home Depot on one side and a Kohl's on the other, but not uncomfortably close. The locals in the area are pleasant, more so than Orlando city. It was quaint to drive past orange groves south of Lake Wales on my way to lecture. I recommend this hotel without hesitation to business travelers, families and couples looking for standard, non romantic accomodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express - Lake Wales is a brand new 82 room, interior entrance, hotel that offers a hassle-free guest experience, that will make you feel like you are visiting home instead of being on the road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales n - Winter Haven Hotel Lake Wales
- Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven Florida