“Business & Legoland Stay - very pleased”

Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lake Wales
Jacksonville, Florida
“Business & Legoland Stay - very pleased”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

I stayed for 2 nights, 3 days. I was lecturing at a conference nearby the first two days. Afternoon the second day my family met me and we spent day 3 @ Legoland. The property was very clean. Very minimal noise from other rooms, hallway and outside (I am extremely sensitive to extraneous noise). The bed was wonderful as were the pillows. Numerous pilllows on the bed - half marked "soft", half "firm". The kids were more than fine on the pull out couch. The room was one large rectangle w/ bathroom. Adjustable A/C worked well on the digital unit (a must for me). I stayed on the first floor near the lobby & front door and slept like a baby, almost no noise after 10pm. The ceiling was unusually high; unsure if that's due to being on the ground floor. The bathroom was solid; standup large shower w/ good pressure and adjustable shower head. The toiletries are unusual; nice cinnamon smell I've never encountered in a hotel. No closet but an alcove with a rod and hangars which I used for suits and shirts (it was fine). Good sized flat screen TV, I would have liked HBO or Cinemax. There is a DVD library in the lobby which rent for free. The staff was extremely responsive. Of note, I was allowed to checki in early. I loathe the ever later & later check in times at many hotels. I requested 3rd floor thinking it would be more quiet. Thankfully I was steered to the first floor b/c I was informed a small college athletic team was staying up there. I ran into the team the next day and they were shockingly respectful and well mannered. Breakfast was varied and plentiful: scrambled eggs, white sausage gravy and large, fresh biscuits, round sausage, cereals, breads, pancakes, milk, coffee, juice, fruit. Not an Embassy Suites breakfast but close. The "gym" was two treadmills, stationary bike and stairclimber - no weights but fine for a short trip. I inspected the pool, it was clean but a little too cool to use in Central FL in November. We took the kids to the new Imperial Lanes; a very large, new bowling alley and game room attached to the mall 5 minutes away (they loved it). The first night when I was alone I just got a sub from Publix. The second night we all ate at Chili's. There is a Home Depot on one side and a Kohl's on the other, but not uncomfortably close. The locals in the area are pleasant, more so than Orlando city. It was quaint to drive past orange groves south of Lake Wales on my way to lecture. I recommend this hotel without hesitation to business travelers, families and couples looking for standard, non romantic accomodations.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank coffeelawyer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hyde Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

I have previously lived in this area of Florida for about ten years in the 90's. At the time there were not many good quality choices for hotels in the greater Winter Haven - Lake Wales area. Now there are. Since my children still live in the area, I do come down regularly and stay. This was my first visit to this hotel and I was impressed. Maybe because it is fairly new, about two years old, that everything seemed fresh and clean. It is ideally located midway between the new Legoland and Bok Tower. Today about twenty years later there still are only a couple of places I would stay in this area....this hotel...and the nearby Hampton Inn.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Hilliard, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

Stayed for one night before attending AAA preview day at Legoland Florida. This hotel is about 5 - 6 miles from Legoland. Ginnette at front desk was very accommodating. Had actually called her two different times because we booked one room for myself and one son and family, and then added another for more family. She gave us a two queen suite because we had two small children with us and made sure there was a crib in the room for the baby (no charge). Beds in our room were very comfortable, I had a little problem with the pillows (should have brought my own). In the other room, my other son and family had the same comment about the pillows. Breakfast was very good with a great assortment. Would stay again at this hotel if in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

We stayed for two nights, and were very impressed with the cleanliness of the public areas and the hotel room. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, the bed and bath linens were crisp and fresh, and the room amenities (microwave, refrigerator, bathroom) were also very good. Although we did not have breakfast, we did see what was offered and was impressed with the selection of food, coffee, and juices. The staff were also friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

is my firts time, I'm expecting everything ok, But I know the locations and the sevices in other places was good, my concern is we have to get the same excelent services

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

We have stayed there 2 times now while visiting family. The staff is friendly. The pillows are perfect (i am picky). Will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Ranst
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

We stayed here 2 nights because we were visiting The Kegel, just around the corner of the Holiday Inn, so for us it had a perfect location.

It might not be the most beautiful surrounding for a vacation, but the hotel is splendid : brand new, good breakfast, super beautiful room, great bed, everything worked perfectly, shower was great, television and WIFI worked great, ...

We used the swimming pool once, and there was nobody there, so we had the pool for ourselves and the water was great, temperature was great.

Service was excellent, everybody was very helpfull and friendly.

We will be visiting The Kegel again and we will at that occasion stay at The Holiday Inn Express again, no doubt.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
BEST WESTERN Auburndale Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Bartow
Hampton Inn Bartow
#1 of 3 in Bartow

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven? Share your experiences!