“Hampton Inn in Lake Wales”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Wales
Ranked #1 of 5 Lake Wales B&B and Inns
Deland, United States
“Hampton Inn in Lake Wales”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Hotel is nice, extremely clean, and the room is very comfortable, however if you plan to stay more than one night or two, don't stay here, the staff is very unfriendly and aloof. They act like they work at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC. Please... this is Lake Wales. FL not a 5 star resort.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My family and I stayed at this Hampton Inn for a seven night vacation and I wanted to really WOW my wife, since we normally stay in Best Westerns. This was our first Hampton inn stay...

RENEE was very accommodating during the making of the reservation. I was pleased with her friendliness, professionalism, and patience as she answered all of my questions with enthusiasm and warmth. I never saw her during my stay to thank her in person.

During check-in, we were warmly greeted by NICOLE. I felt so welcomed, and she was very engaging with my children, which I appreciated. She had a pleasant smile, and answered our questions completely and pleasantly. It was a VERY WONDERFUL START. (smile)

During the first two nights, we had ants in the room. CLEM (front desk) helped solved the ant problem, and no further ant problem occurred during our stay. Also, Clem was always quick to give great suggestions for places to eat, upon our request.

MIGUEL (front desk) told us he was new. He answered all questions promptlyand always had a smile, always greeted us, and other guests (as did Clem). Miguel gave us extra sheets, and supplies upon request, and displayed plenty of positive customer service. I was appreciative of his "can-do" attitude. I would never had guessed he was a new employee.

Housekeeping, overall was wonderful. Our room was clean, and smelled good. (Again, the ant problem was resolved by Clem, so THAT is not a complaint) However, there was ONE mishap with HK that I won't elaborate on, but suffice it to say that Jay (front desk) really seemed genuinely concerned and he tried to rectify the issue. After the issue, for remainder of our stay, Jay kept asking if we were doing fine, and always sported a genuine smile. Jay, Clem, Nicole, Miguel, and Renee were EXCELLENT at front desk.

One staff member was not pleasant. Veronica seemed to just not really wish to be there. Initially, I thought she was having a bad day (happens to us all) but she was without smile, non-engaging, and indifferent every time we encountered, or observed her. We decided to just avoid us but she was at the desk during check-out. I kept having room key malfunctions, but instead of receiving empathy (it was hot, and I was trying to both load the vehicle AND administer medicine to my son), she fell compelled to tell me I MUST be doing something to the key. (Maybe I was disturbing her phone time, or other duties?) At one point I decided to just give her the key, leaving my wife in room while my sons and I loaded the vehicle, in order to avoid her and to NOT have our stay at this otherwise gorgeous hotel to end on a sour note. When we were finally leaving, she never asked how our stay was, or even acknowledged us, and we had stayed there SEVEN nights!

HEATHER, the breakfast attendant was FABULOUS. She sported a smile ALWAYS. Heather stayed on top of her breakfast tasks and we appreciated her efforts every morning.

So, I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with children for LEGOLAND, or Disneyworld. The hotel offers a shuttle to/from LEGOLAND, saving you 14-20 dollar parking fee at LEGOLAND. There is plenty of parking space at hotel, unlike if you were to stay in Orlando. They have small alligators in the ponds behind hotel, but you'll be fine...parking is in the front. The pool was spacious, clean, and surrounded by a fence. We would definitely stay here again.

This hotel is also great for business travelers. They have a business center, and the hotel is quiet, clean, comfortable, and accommodating. (They offer delicious cookies in the evening!)

So, was my wife WOW'd? Well, she enjoyed the stay, and sometimes things happen, so we are confident that she will be WOW'd during our next stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Laundry is on 3rd floor. We enjoyed first floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Reggie S
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Stayed there for business. Very convenient and easy to get to. Staff was friendly and helpful. Noticed several families there - LEGOLAND nearby and had a shuttle was dropping off at hotel (Disneyworld, Universal & SeaWorld are close too). 40 minutes from Orlando.

mobile, alabama
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My husband and I recently spent two nights at the Hampton Inn Lake Wales. What a great hotel it is! Clean, spacious, gracious staff, beautiful views from the room window, quiet, conveniently located, and great value. We will definitely stay at Hampton Inns from now on!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank omij
Lake Wales, Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed because we are purchasing a home in Lake Ashton and loved that they have a reduced rate with you. We were very happy with our stay. Not sure that the Duvet and sheets were changed every day as stated but we only stayed two nights. We were thinking about a third night but completed our business in two. Very easy to opt out of the third night. Thank you. The only problems I could see were with your faucets in the bathroom - very loose.

Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This hotel was very conv. and had a shuttle service to Legoland that provided a $28 savings to me. The cleaniness was much better than our expectation and the breakfast area was very nice. The person at the desk was very helpful in letting us know the restaurants that wer ein the areas as well as the closest drugstore.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Dumfries, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The rooms are clean, the hotel is some distant out of the town and you must have a car to do anything. Ther is a shopping Center aways down the road with a couple of places to eat. The place could be good for families travel to vacation spots with childern.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

#1 of 16 in Winter Haven
Hampton Inn Bartow
Hampton Inn Bartow
#1 of 3 in Bartow

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Wales? Share your experiences!